U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:13 PM

5,576 posts, read 4,006,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Cat seriously, do you know what an old soul is? HOpe you don't think I was suggesting you are old.

My friend and I watched a 7 year old child prodigy and she said, "he's an old soul". That is what I meant...it's one heck of a compliment...

I believe you've been here before, many times, that is what an old soul is, someone who knows, without knowing, so to speak. (wink)

I know what an old soul is. I know that I have been here before-a few times and I also know that I will be here again-a few more times. So when I said that I am "middle aged soul," I am not talking my chronological age of my body. I am talking about my spiritual soul. To explain what I mean better, in Buddhism, I am closer to Nirvana than most but still far away.

And yes, I am aware that you are paying me a complement which I thank you for.

Cat
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 02:38 PM

27,070 posts, read 26,470,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I know what an old soul is. I know that I have been here before-a few times and I also know that I will be here again-a few more times. So when I said that I am "middle aged soul," I am not talking my chronological age of my body. I am talking about my spiritual soul. To explain what I mean better, in Buddhism, I am closer to Nirvana than most but still far away.

Cat

whew, great, glad you know, was afraid you thought I was calling you um.....old...

I believe that as well....

hugs

Old 04-18-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
whew, great, glad you know, was afraid you thought I was calling you um.....old...

I believe that as well....

hugs

Naaaa, not at all. And besides, I'm not old, I just chronologically challenged.

Cat

Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,680,179 times
Quote:
Cat seriously, do you know what an old soul is? HOpe you don't think I was suggesting you are old.

My friend and I watched a 7 year old child prodigy and she said, "he's an old soul". That is what I meant...it's one heck of a compliment...
My Ex`s sister told my son that he was "an old soul." I took it as a compliment..most definetly.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:19 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,398,844 times
Quote:

Cat
It is a compliment. But, you ain't as old as this ole soul, Missy! You haven't asked me WHY I bumped into you on this forum. I think you'd be shocked to know that my SO was 17 years my senior also. April is a totally bad month for me also. .. He was born in 46 and me in 63!

Nothing to be afraid of though. I am here if you need me!! But, I don't think you have anything to worry about for quite awhile. .. Cat hugs!

Old 04-21-2014, 10:48 AM

68,566 posts, read 63,817,083 times
Quote:
When my husband & I were first dating, he was looking at me and I HEARD him say "Beautiful" loud & clear even though he didn't say anything. That was the only time I recall hearing it-but half the time I know what he is thinking anyway. Actually, I usually know what people are thinking but that is another story-but this was the only time I HEARD it.

He told me that he once heard his sister say something even though she didn't say anything but she said that she was thinking it.

Has anyone else heard the thoughts of others?

Cat
On the opposite side, once or twice people have heard what I was thinking when I didn't say anything. I'm careful now to put a "block" on my thoughts when I fear that could happen. The first time this happened, I was a teenager. I was with friends standing on line at a movie, and there was a guy in front of me who really had a monkey face. It was so more monkey-looking than human-looking that it was shocking. Suddenly my friend standing next to me burst out laughing and said, "You're right! He does look like a monkey." I'd never said any of this out loud.

My sister told me of an experience she had that was similar. She had left her husband, and my mother was giving her a hard time because no one in our family had ever gotten divorced before (this was back in the 70s). She was feeling very much alone and under stress and trying to figure out where her life was going. She went to a diner to get something to eat, and she was looking at the menu and decided on a grilled cheese sandwich when the waitress came over, and said, "A grilled cheese and an iced tea?" and scribbled it down on her pad. My sister had never said a word to her.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
On the opposite side, once or twice people have heard what I was thinking when I didn't say anything. I'm careful now to put a "block" on my thoughts when I fear that could happen. The first time this happened, I was a teenager. I was with friends standing on line at a movie, and there was a guy in front of me who really had a monkey face. It was so more monkey-looking than human-looking that it was shocking. Suddenly my friend standing next to me burst out laughing and said, "You're right! He does look like a monkey." I'd never said any of this out loud.

My sister told me of an experience she had that was similar. She had left her husband, and my mother was giving her a hard time because no one in our family had ever gotten divorced before (this was back in the 70s). She was feeling very much alone and under stress and trying to figure out where her life was going. She went to a diner to get something to eat, and she was looking at the menu and decided on a grilled cheese sandwich when the waitress came over, and said, "A grilled cheese and an iced tea?" and scribbled it down on her pad. My sister had never said a word to her.

You & you sister must have some loud thoughts.

Cat

Old 04-21-2014, 04:59 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,398,844 times
Hey, I just found something I posted recently and this is exactly how it sounds hearing the thoughts of others.. Enjoy!

I will just put the UTube link on here and then you past it to your browser if you want. ( Safe as far as I know)
Almost Famous scene # - YouTube

Old 04-21-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Hey, I just found something I posted recently and this is exactly how it sounds hearing the thoughts of others.. Enjoy!

I will just put the UTube link on here and then you past it to your browser if you want. ( Safe as far as I know)
Almost Famous scene # - YouTube

Hold me closer, Tony Danza?

Cat

Old 04-28-2014, 12:19 AM

159 posts, read 395,814 times
I have this often with people I open myself up to, and more so when they open to me as well. My husband is EASY, I feel bad saying it but I read that man like a book.
My couple of pagan friends on the other hand, we need to be on guard if we're having a bad day... it's tough. haha... Reeeal tough... we all can tell and sometimes know exactly what's going on... sometimes it's more apparent, like a thought, perhaps a manifestation of something...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal