U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 08:51 PM

191 posts, read 196,813 times

Advertisements

My daughter and I both woke up in a panic at the exact same time this morning She thought she was late for school, I thought I was late for work, although neither of us had to get up early. It was neither of our usual time to get up and we are living in different cities, as she is in college. I said we had a psychic connection, but she just laughed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 AM

17,555 posts, read 9,436,912 times
I playing this crazy game with the three shorties that spend the night with us every month or so. You had to guess the answer to some questions. One of them asked me what was her favorite year in grade school. I heard her say distinctly in her mind that it was 5th grade. When I answered it correctly all three of them were shocked. To keep it honest they all knew the answer to the question before she asked me. They asked me how I could possibly know the answer. I told them that I read her mind. There eyes were as big as saucers. It was priceless.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:14 AM

8,016 posts, read 6,388,895 times
My ex-hubby and I used to play Trivial Pursuit often. I seemed to be able to figure out the answer after he had read it from the back of the card. It happened so many times where I would say I don't know the answer, then he would turn the card over and read it silently and then I would blurt out the answer I hadn't known 5 seconds earlier. I was winning all the time. Once we figured out that somehow I could "hear" in my head what he was reading, he stopped looking at the answers until I said "I give up, tell me the answer". People hated to be on the other team when we played Win, Lose or Draw because as soon as he drew even a fraction of the picture, sometimes just a single line on the paper, I'd yell out the answer because I would just "know" it somehow. They thought we were cheating somehow. Sometimes I think that I am a freak because I can pass and even ace multiple choice tests in subjects I've never taken because the answers are just right there and I know which is right. Unfortunately it doesn't work on essay tests.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:19 PM

398 posts, read 637,045 times
I have heard or sense people's thoughts before and they were just friends/acquaintances.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:14 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,431,724 times
My ex-husband had a crazy unusual nickname for me. No one would ever guess it because it was so odd. I'd never mentioned it to anyone either because it was personal.

One day, I was walking down the hall at work, and a co-worker was walking toward me. All of a sudden, she loudly blurted out the nickname. I was astounded and asked her "Where did that come from?"

She said "I don't know! It just popped into my head as soon as I saw you!"

When I told her it was a nickname my husband made up for me, she was shocked.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM

735 posts, read 825,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
On the opposite side, once or twice people have heard what I was thinking when I didn't say anything. I'm careful now to put a "block" on my thoughts when I fear that could happen. The first time this happened, I was a teenager. I was with friends standing on line at a movie, and there was a guy in front of me who really had a monkey face. It was so more monkey-looking than human-looking that it was shocking. Suddenly my friend standing next to me burst out laughing and said, "You're right! He does look like a monkey." I'd never said any of this out loud.

My sister told me of an experience she had that was similar. She had left her husband, and my mother was giving her a hard time because no one in our family had ever gotten divorced before (this was back in the 70s). She was feeling very much alone and under stress and trying to figure out where her life was going. She went to a diner to get something to eat, and she was looking at the menu and decided on a grilled cheese sandwich when the waitress came over, and said, "A grilled cheese and an iced tea?" and scribbled it down on her pad. My sister had never said a word to her.
The same happens to me, but a lot of times, and only when I'm relaxed to the point of almost daydream-like trance states of mind (which is a lot of times).

From a young age I realized I telepathically transmit my thoughts to those nearby, but before then I used to think a lot of the people around me were mind readers (but in a sense they are).

The method of "blocking" I came up with (when I was a kid and still use to this day), if I don't want people to know something I'm thinking of at the time, is diverting my thoughts to random unrelated thoughts, sometimes a chaotic mess of randomness, or singing a song in my mind.

Although I'm a cat person, I find dogs are the most sensitive to receiving my thoughts. When I see dogs, I sometimes practice getting their attention. It amuses me to see them perk up and look around to see who's calling them (through thought). I can also get dogs in my neighborhood to bark without them being in my view, but to transmit thoughts to other animals & people they seem to have to be in my view and not very far away.

I have some other abilities as well, but for some reason I'm not good at receiving living people's thoughts. I'm better at being receptive to spirits.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:55 AM

71 posts, read 66,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
It's exhausting. I don't find it annoying, The guy that I mentioned that had a child for 10 years and didn't know it until I told him, at the time I just felt a lot of young female energy around him that was all giggles and laughs. You know pink blankets, and barbie dolls, bath soaps and fingernail polish. It was a very sweet type of energy that was very playful and I am sure she is very sweet and very smart

The way it turned out is he is single but doesn't know his purpose in life and somehow, I was put in his path to find that. so.. he's on cloud nine now.

Anyway-I am exhausted.. Just to step into that presence for just few moments is utterly exhausting and takes SO MUCH! I don't know if people realize that or not but I really miss it, when I don't have it.

To Cat-- Thanks for starting the thread. Good topic! I'll send you a friends request when I am not too tired to figure it out and have more time!

It's annoying to me because people would be creeped out that you can hear their thoughts and also my telepathy was forced upon me by my late mother it was more of a curse than anything.

I'm more of an empath now and whenever I start to get overwhelmed by too many emotions I'm hit by apathy which I now realize is helpful and a defense mechanism.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:09 PM

88,354 posts, read 82,407,308 times
On rare occasion I've had people respond to my thoughts. And I say, "I didn't say anything!" But they heard spoken words. Strange.

Consciousness is non-local. But is it audible? I've never heard that discussed.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:34 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,396,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuterure2006 View Post
It's annoying to me because people would be creeped out that you can hear their thoughts and also my telepathy was forced upon me by my late mother it was more of a curse than anything.

I'm more of an empath now and whenever I start to get overwhelmed by too many emotions I'm hit by apathy which I now realize is helpful and a defense mechanism.
I just don't get that close to people actually and the apathy is magnified as well. .. so I don't see where you think that is a good option. When someone has the headache in the room, I will get the headache.

I don't think you got yours from your mom and I know I didn't. My ( real) mom isn't that bright. I don't know where mine comes from but I was born with it. I can turn mine off at night ( but I take medication at night to be knocked out) because if I am suppose to know something, that is also a weak moment for me.( or sleep) So, how long have you had yours and how do you know it came from your mom?

Old 08-30-2014, 02:52 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,396,067 times
Also, if your mother forced something on you.. that is more of a trauma that you are dealing with.. I don't know where you are coming from with the forced telepathy and apathy.. because that would be resistant to a trauma ( or something you didn't want) so you concentrate on apathy to forgive her. That is for a psychiatrist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal