U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:54 PM

19,997 posts, read 9,776,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
How long has your dog been missing? This is such a sad story. How can humans be so cruel?
Almost 2 years.

A Pet Detective might help me. At least, he didn't say no to my email. He asked for my phone number. He was a NYC detective for 20 years and now he works for animals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Just to let you know -- the video was removed by me as moderator. The person who posted it to youtube did not have permission to share from the site she took it from. It was taken down by that site and is now available for sale.

That's copywrite infringement, and City Data could get in trouble over it. And it's also taking money from the person who produced it. That is their intellectual property. I know we call it copywrite infringement, but when we share something that isn't meant to be shared without payment, in reality it's theft.

So I know I being a bit of a fuddy duddy about it, but that's the way it is.
I don't think that's fuddy-dudd at all. I just wonder how you knew?

Most people, if it's on youtube, we assume it's ok to watch and share.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:33 PM

13,783 posts, read 22,419,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I don't think that's fuddy-dudd at all. I just wonder how you knew?

Most people, if it's on youtube, we assume it's ok to watch and share.

I'm psychic. Totally not true. I investigate. I click on the you tube link and go to you tube. Read the description and see where it leads me. On some it says to share freely -- so no problem. Others are shared on your tube from somewhere else, like the one you shared. So I followed it's to the next place, and saw that the original posting had been removed but the video was for sale.

I used to think that too, until I ran into a raft of things that when shared got pulled by the content's owners.

Technically speaking before you share you should seek permission to share from the author of the content.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I'm psychic. Totally not true. I investigate. I click on the you tube link and go to you tube. Read the description and see where it leads me. On some it says to share freely -- so no problem. Others are shared on your tube from somewhere else, like the one you shared. So I followed it's to the next place, and saw that the original posting had been removed but the video was for sale.

I used to think that too, until I ran into a raft of things that when shared got pulled by the content's owners.

Technically speaking before you share you should seek permission to share from the author of the content.
Thanks for the info!

Ps I wish you WERE psychic lol.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 AM

590 posts, read 487,670 times
Sorry to hear about your pet and I hope the two of you are reunited.

As far a pet communicators and physics, have you ever just considered asking the Spirit to help yourself, not to say you haven't but I didn't notice if you did.

I had noticed one morning that an armadillo was in the area, he dug a bunch of holes in my St. Augustine, not real bad but they tend to stick around a few days before moving on and I had a real lawn going and large veggie garden which they can really ransack really quick especially if you're getting you lawn fairly moist.

I really didn't have the time to try to catch him, not to say I would have before any real damage was done and if I did catch him the only thing I could have done was turn him over to the animal control and they probably would have just euthanized him and I really didn't want that to happen.

So I simply asked if He could ask the his critter to just please stay out of the garden and the front flower bed and that he could eat all the grub worms he could find in the yard. Well, as the next several days passed he visited and some holes in the yard but nothing else and then sure enough I go out that one morning and there it was, one paw print stepping into the garden and nothing else.

That was almost three years ago, and he comes back every spring but never messed with the garden and he did a heck of good job of clearing out the grub worms. Matter fact it was just a few weeks back that I was out in the shop at the rear of my property one night and while I live in town, there is a creek that runs through my property so its possible to get different types of critters so I carry a flashlight.

And there he was at the back of the house off to the other side and I shined my light at him, he has definitely gotten bigger but I could almost say without a doubt it was him, but I didn't know an armadillo could stand up but I guess he heard me and or cause by the time I got the light on him he had stood up and was sniffing around in my direction as if he were looking to see me.

But if I might suggest that if you do ask, don't make any vow or promise unless you plan to honor it , ask with a heart believing He can and expecting not that He will and keep trying to locate your pet I really hope you find your pet.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:56 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,399,494 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info!

Ps I wish you WERE psychic lol.
I don't claim to be psychic but I really think your dog walked out of the ambulance. I don't really see a nurse holding your pet captive or rehoming your pet. I don't know who your pet communicator was or is ( or was giving you a discount or a service) but I personally don't think the person you talked to was a psychic, at all. I do hope you find your pet.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:21 AM

712 posts, read 2,017,019 times
Quote:
This may not be the right forum - if it isn't, if a mod would please move it I'd appreciate it.

I have a stolen dog, basically, and have come to the end of all I know to do to find her.

A friend says she has friends who are 'intuitive' specifically with animals.

She says Kita has sort of a 'tunnel vision' directed at me - that I'm the best person to communicate with her.

I have no ability in this area at ALL.

When she has tried in the past to lead me through it, I can tell it's just my imagination.

For weeks when I think of her, the image I get is her in my hallway waiting for me to play fetch.

Friend says this is more 'proof' that she's alive, in a home, and waiting on me.

RL evidence leans towards her being cared for in a home.

Though I worry everyday it's not a good one or it isn't true and she has passed.

ANYWAY, another thing she said is 'real' animal communicators won't accept money, which I don't have to blow anyway on something so unsure.

I've been down that road with talking to psychics years ago. They tell you different things, you don't know what to believe, so you keep spending money seeking the truth. It was all a big waste, but at least then I was blowing money I could afford to. Not the case now.

And I don't know how to talk to a 'real' one that won't charge.
Alright, I've never talked to one..

But I'll tell you a story from a friend of mine/classmate.. a long time ago.. one day in a house.. he had a lot of cats he loved.. well, one day.. he had them in his computer room.. and something happened.. and it started on fire.. the cats in there.. and freshly born kittens all died of smoke aysphysication (I believe) and this greatly upset my friend/classmate..

He really loved those cats!

Well one day he ran into this psychic at a party or something.. (she didn't normally do animals) and he was very upset about those cats.. and she was able to deliver messages and or information that correlated to his feelings.. what he wanted to know etc. and so...

that's my story.....

Old 04-26-2014, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I don't claim to be psychic but I really think your dog walked out of the ambulance. I don't really see a nurse holding your pet captive or rehoming your pet. I don't know who your pet communicator was or is ( or was giving you a discount or a service) but I personally don't think the person you talked to was a psychic, at all. I do hope you find your pet.
She wouldn't get out of the ambulance before I did. She went to exam with me. She was in outdoor waiting with me.

No nurse took her for nefarious purposes, imo.

They took her to get her microchip checked - they called my family from it (alternate contact).

Then the next day she claimed to not know where she is.

She said I abandoned my dog there - if she believed that, imo, she felt she was rescuing the dog.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:39 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,399,494 times
Quote:
She wouldn't get out of the ambulance before I did. She went to exam with me. She was in outdoor waiting with me.

No nurse took her for nefarious purposes, imo.

They took her to get her microchip checked - they called my family from it (alternate contact).

Then the next day she claimed to not know where she is.

She said I abandoned my dog there - if she believed that, imo, she felt she was rescuing the dog.
Okay, so I sensed that your dog was waiting for you. I said I didn't see your pet in the ambulance but I saw your pet walking out of it. I don't feel this person was rescuing any pet. First of all, she couldn't make that assumption in that short period of time or to know if the dog needed rescued or not. SO, that doesn't make any sense to me. I think perhaps you were told that by some self-proclaimed "pet communicator" but after the examination, it is a blur. I just disagree with the lady doing something with your dog thinking it was better for the dog.

Your dog sounds like it was transported.. because one talking head didn't talk with another.. and I don't see where the person checking the microchip was source at all.

I think you were told that by this communicator.. but I disagree with whomever this person is.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Okay, so I sensed that your dog was waiting for you. I said I didn't see your pet in the ambulance but I saw your pet walking out of it. I don't feel this person was rescuing any pet. First of all, she couldn't make that assumption in that short period of time or to know if the dog needed rescued or not. SO, that doesn't make any sense to me. I think perhaps you were told that by some self-proclaimed "pet communicator" but after the examination, it is a blur. I just disagree with the lady doing something with your dog thinking it was better for the dog.

Your dog sounds like it was transported.. because one talking head didn't talk with another.. and I don't see where the person checking the microchip was source at all.

I think you were told that by this communicator.. but I disagree with whomever this person is.
Will you explain the bolded?

It's important!

No pet communicator told me the nurse thought she was rescuing her. I came up with that.

I was traumatized by assault. I was 'out of it'. It's Vegas. They see transient and drug users. I think she made assumptions.

She told my mother that I abandoned the dog there.

If someone who cared for animals believed that, that would be a rescue case to them. Anyway, that is all MY guesswork because I can't see another reason why she would call and then the next day or the day after back all the way up and say 'I don't know where the dog is.'

No explanation, nothing. Just reversal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal