Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 06:34 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,040,768 times

Advertisements

You ever notice that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 AM

947 posts, read 1,456,879 times
This is because people tend to create their own luck. It's actually in your mind. People who feel they are unlikely just tend to recall all the bad things that occur and do not notice the opportunities presented to them.

There was a ten year study done on this.

As Luck Would Have It - Scientific American

"The neuroticism dimension measures how anxious or relaxed someone is, and Wiseman found that the lucky ones were half as anxious as the unlucky ones--that is, "because lucky people tend to be more relaxed than most, they are more likely to notice chance opportunities, even when they are not expecting them." In one experiment, Wiseman had volunteers count the number of photographs in a newspaper. Lucky subjects were more likely to notice on page two the half-page ad with the message in large bold type: STOP COUNTING--THERE ARE 43 PHOTOGRAPHS IN THIS NEWSPAPER."

Be lucky - it's an easy skill to learn - Telegraph

"Over the years, I interviewed these volunteers, asked them to complete diaries, questionnaires and intelligence tests, and invited them to participate in experiments. The findings have revealed that although unlucky people have almost no insight into the real causes of their good and bad luck, their thoughts and behaviour are responsible for much of their fortune."

Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,040,768 times
Interesting. As one who suffers from anxiety and really I find my luck is, usually, saying, "Well this sucks but at least, such and such, didn't happen!"

Though I won $20. on a scratch off ticket yesterday, I do NOT play regularly, just now and then I try my luck at scratch offs.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Hi Flowerpower,
Yup, basic LOA or Law of Attraction.
There are many threads here where you can better understand it.
From there hopefully you will find many book titles to buy.
You will find suggestions to listen to Abraham-Hicks youtubes, if you
can't buy their books.
Thought control is a must for anxiety and for LOA to work 'in your favor'.

Good luck changing your life into exactly what you want it to be, like many
of us have since understanding we create everything around us...or that comes to us;
all the opportunities, all the great stuff and all the not so great stuff.

Oh, one book you may not find here ...Florence Scovel-Shinn's "The Game of Life
And how to play it".

Old 05-02-2014, 03:13 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,409,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
You ever notice that?
The power of the mind should never be underestimated.

Do a test and observe your inner mental chatter. Is positive and inspiring or is it negative and downtrodden and woes me?

What many people don't realize is that what you think or fear...you attract that to yourself.

Deep committed affirmations really work...both the positive ones as well as the negative ones.

Try it and see. There are so many books to read up on this however find the ones that resonate with you. I find that when you are searching for a book to read on a specific subject chose the one that you feel drawn to.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:12 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
I meant choose the one that you feel drawn to.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:14 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,150,906 times
I don't like the word luck but I have had that dark cloud park over my head more than once

Old 05-02-2014, 05:43 PM

5,837 posts, read 5,234,564 times
I knew this guy who for some strange reason would just bring the worse out in people. I know he did with me. For the most part, he was a good person. There were many times he would walk into a room and people would go nutso-I'm not exaggerating here. There was one time they called the men in the white coats to come get one guy who really went nutso when this guy just walked in. I don't know what it was. It was very bizarre.

Cat

Old 05-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I knew this guy who for some strange reason would just bring the worse out in people. I know he did with me. For the most part, he was a good person. There were many times he would walk into a room and people would go nutso-I'm not exaggerating here. There was one time they called the men in the white coats to come get one guy who really went nutso when this guy just walked in. I don't know what it was. It was very bizarre.
Cat
That is interesting. I don't have a dark cloud around me...as a matter of fact people are often drawn to me.

However I have noticed my entire life that if I am around anyone who is bi-polar or emotionally unstable I seem to bring it out of them. It is very odd and I don't have any clue as to why this happens. However it has served as a safety net and alerts me as to who is a mentally unstable human and to keep my distance from them. And when I say mentally unstable I am not taking about people who are obviously mentally unstable. I am talking about the ones who can hide it like a charm.

Glad to know I am not alone in this one! It is truly bizarre.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:09 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,796,460 times
I have the ability to visit the dark side but I just can't stay in it. If I had to go through a satanic cult and rescue an individual, I could do it. I usually attract police officers, sheriffs, highly decorated military personal, security guards.. fire chiefs and so on. People that are curious about me are usually sociopaths and or narcissistic. Also, with several teachers in my family.. I could very well be a teacher for the mentally challenged. I love psychology but hate it, because I know too much about it.

I am highly lucky.. but it just doesn't come in the form of money or a lot of it. A ghost does not bother me..but if that ghost messes with my friends.. I will buy the sage store! I also attract preachers and I have some pretty cool preacher friends.

The people that I know that usually have bad luck are attracting it. Everyone gets down... that's different.

Another thing I attract are chefs. I mean, everywhere I go....if there is a chef within 400 people at the mall, we will end up crossing paths ( every single time)

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 05-02-2014 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal