U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 07:28 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,288,843 times

Advertisements

I attract deep interesting souls and kind earthbound misfits like me Like attracts like The misfits are my favorite!

I also attract every kind of creature that is lost, wounded or fell off it's path. They all end up in my yard sometimes all at once and then they wait their turn for my help. All my life this has been the case...actually it happened today with a fledgling.

Yes life is interesting...if you allow it to be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 09:17 PM

7,162 posts, read 3,584,866 times
Interesting thread!

Old 05-03-2014, 09:51 AM

5,571 posts, read 4,001,292 times
I seem to attract people who want to tell me their problems. One time (pre-internet), I called to place an order through a catalog. The woman I talked to started to tell me about the problems she was having with her mother. That was really weird. Then, there was a time when I was volunteering, one of the new volunteers (who was only started about a week or two earlier) came up to me and said, "I know I don't really know you too well but can't I talk to you about a personal matter?" Side note: That woman later went on to be a very dear friend of mine until she passed away.

I get that all the time and I don't know why. When it happens, I listen and try to give the best advice I can.

Cat

Old 05-03-2014, 12:18 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,777,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
...as a matter of fact people are often drawn to me.

However I have noticed my entire life that if I am around anyone who is bi-polar or emotionally unstable I seem to bring it out of them. It is very odd and I don't have any clue as to why this happens. However it has served as a safety net and alerts me as to who is a mentally unstable human and to keep my distance from them.
Those who are mentally unstable are drawn to me...and I've taken it to the relationship level a couple times .
At first I did not understand it either and with the case of the relationships, I figured it was a 'just like my father' sort of thing. But that would not explain away all the friends and others who find me and have some issues with anxiety, PTSD and bi-polar. It took someone's outside perspective to give it something that seems to make sense. I am not totally sane myself (those daddy issues), but I do not wallow in it. When it comes up I reject it, and these days, it really does not come up anymore.
I was told that this is a strength that those with mental problems instinctively sense within me, thus are drawn to it (in hopes that some will rub off on them?). Not all that sure how much I 'like' it.

And the 'cousin' to the mentally imbalanced attraction aspect, (like cat's catalog woman) -everyone- even strangers come to me with their problems.
It's like "good listener & free advice" is stamped on my forehead.
I do not mind being the living thing that one can vent to, we all need to vent sometimes.
No one should be feeling bad, and I offer what words I can to make them feel better.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:38 AM

15,098 posts, read 15,355,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi Flowerpower,
Yup, basic LOA or Law of Attraction.
There are many threads here where you can better understand it.
From there hopefully you will find many book titles to buy.
You will find suggestions to listen to Abraham-Hicks youtubes, if you
can't buy their books.
Thought control is a must for anxiety and for LOA to work 'in your favor'.

Good luck changing your life into exactly what you want it to be, like many
of us have since understanding we create everything around us...or that comes to us;
all the opportunities, all the great stuff and all the not so great stuff.

Oh, one book you may not find here ...Florence Scovel-Shinn's "The Game of Life
And how to play it".
Ya know, it's interesting, bc the law of attraction is really only focused in the first 3 of the 7 Hermetic principles.. But as usual, things are so much easier said than done. Even coming into awareness and trying to progress can be difficult in today's world.. We as humans often tend to complicate simplicity...

Old 05-04-2014, 12:12 PM

19,415 posts, read 14,971,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
...But as usual, things are so much easier said than done.
Even coming into awareness and trying to progress can be difficult in today's world.
Aw, now see, my mind would never even think that way for one second.
It just is impossible for it.

Everything is easy...losing weight, making friends, pulling in money or just
ANY type of what looks like a miracle to others...is a snap.

What you can believe and conceive you can make manifest right in front of you....
So what if it may take 6 months.
It took 2 years or so having complete confidence in my Father for something ...before
$100,000 was given to me freely to pay off my 30 yr mortgage and get rid of $1000 in a monthy payment.

I will counter your statement above with...
It is as easy as 'saying'... to have something 'done'.
(Then, that sentence of yours won't have a chance to get into my subconsc mind.)
I mean it.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:25 PM

15,098 posts, read 15,355,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Aw, now see, my mind would never even think that way for one second.
It just is impossible for it.

Everything is easy...losing weight, making friends, pulling in money or just
ANY type of what looks like a miracle to others...is a snap.

What you can believe and conceive you can make manifest right in front of you....
So what if it may take 6 months.
It took 2 years or so having complete confidence in my Father for something ...before
$100,000 was given to me freely to pay off my 30 yr mortgage and get rid of $1000 in a monthy payment.

I will counter your statement above with...
It is as easy as 'saying'... to have something 'done'.
(Then, that sentence of yours won't have a chance to get into my subconsc mind.)
I mean it.

Wow! This is inspiring, thanks.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:34 PM

19,415 posts, read 14,971,167 times
Thank you for taking that so well, D2.

Thought control, thus, word control is SO SO important to get the subconscious mind into
anything is possible mode.
Anything.
The Universe molds to our thoughts, desires and beliefs.

One of the secrets of life. We are so powerful.

(So don't be thinking of being robbed...because you will create it.)

Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,658,903 times
Oh don't get me started. I swear I could be simply walking down the road and I am a magnet for troubled people OR sociopaths.

I don't mind the troubled people, I like helping people.

The sociopaths bug the living crap out of me. I think I have a GIANT "V" on my forehead. "V" is not for vendetta, but vulnerable, in my case!!

Old 05-04-2014, 04:24 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,397,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Oh don't get me started. I swear I could be simply walking down the road and I am a magnet for troubled people OR sociopaths.

I don't mind the troubled people, I like helping people.

The sociopaths bug the living crap out of me. I think I have a GIANT "V" on my forehead. "V" is not for vendetta, but vulnerable, in my case!!
I recently met a sociopath within the last four days. No big deal... you just have to be one step ahead of them. Really-- they are kind of slow. As in dinosaurs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal