U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 06:51 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,643,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I recently met a sociopath within the last four days. No big deal... you just have to be one step ahead of them. Really-- they are kind of slow. As in dinosaurs

I concur.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 08:15 PM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times
The minute we put up invisible boundaries...no more sociopaths will bother you.
Try it, report back to us.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:37 AM

14,757 posts, read 15,180,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Those who are mentally unstable are drawn to me...and I've taken it to the relationship level a couple times .
At first I did not understand it either and with the case of the relationships, I figured it was a 'just like my father' sort of thing. But that would not explain away all the friends and others who find me and have some issues with anxiety, PTSD and bi-polar. It took someone's outside perspective to give it something that seems to make sense. I am not totally sane myself (those daddy issues), but I do not wallow in it. When it comes up I reject it, and these days, it really does not come up anymore.
I was told that this is a strength that those with mental problems instinctively sense within me, thus are drawn to it (in hopes that some will rub off on them?). Not all that sure how much I 'like' it.

And the 'cousin' to the mentally imbalanced attraction aspect, (like cat's catalog woman) -everyone- even strangers come to me with their problems.
It's like "good listener & free advice" is stamped on my forehead.
I do not mind being the living thing that one can vent to, we all need to vent sometimes.
No one should be feeling bad, and I offer what words I can to make them feel better.
This I can really relate to, but it hasn't been until recently that I've been having a hard time dealing w/ the residual negativity of other people.. And what sucks is, these are not just random people, but people I know & care for, family as well. Trying to keep my distance has left me feeling rather isolated, then it's like I have my own problems that really weren't there before.. (I know I have my own "things" goin on that need dealing w/ - yes I am doing the work!) But sometimes I feel TOO empathic, as if I've just absorbed too much. I feel like I need a spiritual cleanse, is there such a thing..?! lol

Last edited by D217; 05-05-2014 at 12:49 AM..

Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 AM

14,757 posts, read 15,180,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thank you for taking that so well, D2.

Thought control, thus, word control is SO SO important to get the subconscious mind into
anything is possible mode.
Anything.
The Universe molds to our thoughts, desires and beliefs.

One of the secrets of life. We are so powerful.

(So don't be thinking of being robbed...because you will create it.)
Actually I really do appreciate it, and am open to it.. It is positively affirming & exactly what I needed to hear..I used to be on track w/ it, but fell off somewhere along the line..smh

Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,252,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I recently met a sociopath within the last four days. No big deal... you just have to be one step ahead of them. Really-- they are kind of slow. As in dinosaurs
That's hilarious but true

Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,643,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The minute we put up invisible boundaries...no more sociopaths will bother you.
Try it, report back to us.
I find having a "no b.s" attitude keeps many things at bay. Unfortunately, animals will teach a person about how to make boundaries and set them. My friend's dogs try to get away with so many things with ME, but when this friend comes along, the dogs cooperate. Same with horses...they like to walk on me, not literally, and if an alpha person is with me, it all stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal