Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 04:22 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,639,695 times

Advertisements

Forever Blue, I envy you!

Hope you'll keep us up to date if anything happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 05:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,408,219 times
Working for free among ghosts sounds like to fun at all. Hopefully you'll be in the areas where there are people and not the abandoned section.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 PM

12,704 posts, read 14,876,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Forever Blue, I envy you!

Hope you'll keep us up to date if anything happens!
Well, I'll VERY GLADLY let you be in my shoes for this! And yes, I'll keep this thread alive throughout my summer of interning there! I start June 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Working for free among ghosts sounds like to fun at all. Hopefully you'll be in the areas where there are people and not the abandoned section.
I sure hope so too. Thank God I'm there during the summer season when it gets darker much later!

Old 05-08-2014, 09:39 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,801,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I sure hope so too. Thank God I'm there during the summer season when it gets darker much later!

Well it helps if you are driving during the day also.... the sun is so peaceful.

Scary Car Ride - YouTube

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 05-08-2014 at 10:00 PM..

Old 05-08-2014, 09:49 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,801,518 times
I posted the above to make you laugh. I don't think you will have too much to worry about on on your summer job, at all-- but keep us posted.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:29 AM

Will do regarding the updating! I believe I mentioned here already, but I do believe in God & I do pray. When I was going to bed last night, I was thinking, I should have some blessed oil & dab it on myself somewhere & say a prayer every time I step foot in this place for the day. I think that would help ward off anything ghostly from attaching itself to me somehow. Ghosts can do that to living people right?

thegreenflute334, that was a sudden scare! Shame on you!

Old 05-09-2014, 07:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,653,417 times
If by 'attaching' you mean possession, no.
The key to keeping any malicious spirit from doing bad things, be it a human ghost or non-human entity, is to have NO FEAR! This makes you much stronger than them spiritually.
How to have no fear? Know they cannot hurt you unless you allow it. Know that you have more power than they do. Do not play 'what if' worry movies in your head.
When you hear a noise, don't go straight to 'its a ghost' because usually it's not.
If you have (or think you might have) an encounter- say 'Forgive me if I have invaded your space, it was not my intention to do so. I am only here to do what I need to do.'
Ghosts like to be aknowedged and respected. When such is given to them, they are less bothersome and some actually become helpful.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 PM

OP here. You know, after some more thought & research about this place, I don't think this is meant for me. I've never been more worried about anything in my life. You know how you may get a bad feeling about something? Well, this is it & my apprehension isn't even about the ghosts mainly. Most of it is the type of patients I'll be dealing with & my BIG concern about my personal safety. Here's some non-paranormal articles (most with video):

Violence At Calif. Mental Hospitals: 'This Is The Norm' : NPR

Convicted Madonna Stalker Nabbed Near Mental Hospital In Norwalk « CBS Los Angeles

Alleged eye-biting father sent to LA County mental hospital | Local & Regional News | Bakersfield Now - News, Weather and Sports

Norwalk state hospital reports detail lapses in patient's case - Los Angeles Times

Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 PM

I asked a friend who used to be a nurse if she knows anything about the place. She said she knew a few nurses who worked/interned there who have had mixed feelings. I don't know, maybe I will still try it. I'm going to dress comfortably & in sneakers, so I'm ready to run out if I have to. I'll wear drab, subdued colors...nothing bright/colorful to draw attention to myself. I'll wear my glasses (rather than contacts) so in case someone spits, at least it will help shield my eyes. I'll keep my very long hair back & out of my face. I also better keep my cell phone on me at all times in case I need to call/text someone in an emergency. Yes, still keeping blessed oil to dab on myself & pray before leaving the house.

Any other serious suggestions?

Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,932,147 times
Don't ever let a patient get between you & the door. Seriously. Not good in a mental or any kind of hospital. But that should just be common sense.

Ever hear of the term "self-fulfilling prophecy"? R-E-L-A-X.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal