U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 06:03 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,906,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I lived in a house in Phoenix, AZ for ten years that was haunted. We had the same exact experience as you... things went missing and were found in the weirdest places. Yes, we found our keys in the fridge or freezer more than once.

My son heard me calling him all the time, when I never did. (He actually hardly ever heard me when I DID call out for him!) I heard, "Mama" ALL the time, and would turn around and he would be nowhere around.

Lots of weird sounds, from glasses clanking on the counter to the front door being opened and closed (while still locked). Too many things to explain in posts... I am working on a novel about this fascinating place.

One afternoon I was sitting out by our pool, writing in my journal. I was writing this really weird poem and writing it from a male perspective (which I was trying to fight, but could not for some strange reason). I paused at one point and looked up just in time to see a male and female apparition - dressed in clothing from the mid 1800s - walk right into my above ground pool and vanish. Only saw them for a couple seconds and never again so clearly.

We had many ghosts in that place... but the monkey had the most fun.

I guess you just have to experience it for yourself.... then you KNOW.

wow, your experiences sound fascinating also! That's just crazy about the car keys in the fridge. I wonder if that little trick is written in the ghost handbook or something. That one just blew my mind.

I hope you do write your book, I for one would love to read it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 06:06 PM

1,566 posts, read 1,906,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you know if one house is haunted?

Experiencing the things that some of us have written here would give you a pretty good idea.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:34 PM

22,630 posts, read 13,261,092 times
My c.1894 Victorian.

Now the fifth or sixth person has verified it - my handyman, Rod, described the illuminated outline of a husky or stocky male in the dark - a few weeks ago.

The only unusual thing I, the homeowner, ever encountered is the sound of footsteps descending the main staircase. Not the back "servant's" stairs, but the main winding staircase. Always descending, never going up. Always at night.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:27 PM

206 posts, read 142,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I lived in a house in Phoenix, AZ for ten years that was haunted. We had the same exact experience as you... things went missing and were found in the weirdest places. Yes, we found our keys in the fridge or freezer more than once.

My son heard me calling him all the time, when I never did. (He actually hardly ever heard me when I DID call out for him!) I heard, "Mama" ALL the time, and would turn around and he would be nowhere around.

Lots of weird sounds, from glasses clanking on the counter to the front door being opened and closed (while still locked). Too many things to explain in posts... I am working on a novel about this fascinating place.

One afternoon I was sitting out by our pool, writing in my journal. I was writing this really weird poem and writing it from a male perspective (which I was trying to fight, but could not for some strange reason). I paused at one point and looked up just in time to see a male and female apparition - dressed in clothing from the mid 1800s - walk right into my above ground pool and vanish. Only saw them for a couple seconds and never again so clearly.

We had many ghosts in that place... but the monkey had the most fun.

I guess you just have to experience it for yourself.... then you KNOW.

I would have had to move out lol

Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 PM

11,144 posts, read 9,012,560 times
In the 1980s, my brother lived in a haunted house. There were many day-and-night sightings of entities, no two the same, by visitors as well as by him and his family. Smells of cigarette and pipe smoke, when no one had been known to smoke in the house or yard (SiL allergic). Security alarm going off and garage door opening/closing repeatedly with no known explanation. Things falling or breaking with no known cause. A bizarre lightning strike out of nowhere on a blue sky day that destroyed a tree and blew out a couple of windows.

It was a 1970s suburban tract ranch style house with only one previous owner. Nothing remarkable about the location, former cotton field and buffalo grass, never a plantation or slaves, no likelihood of any Native American graveyard or history or anything like that.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:38 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,254,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycakes View Post
I would have had to move out lol
The strangest thing was the way this house felt to the three of us. My mom and I checked out the house while my son was in school. We fell in love with the layout. I know that on that first day we were there (along with a young couple also checking out the place) that the house enveloped me in warmth. My mom must have felt the same thing, because when we signed the lease she told the property manager, "I love the house and intend to live there until I die." She was correct - she died in that house in 2003. We lived there just shy of ten years when she died.

My son hated the place from day one. He said he always felt scared of something, although he never could (still can't) explain what bothered him so much. He heard, and saw, a lot of the strange things, but he rationalized everything in his own mind (because ghosts are not real!) and it worked for him. He was thrilled to finally leave the house in March of '04.

I won't lie and say that I was never afraid. It is mighty scarey to hear your front door open in the middle of night. I knew the layout of the house in the dark and always headed straight for the butcher knives and held that in front of me while I searched the house (in the dark!). The door was still locked, the chain still on... no break-in, but I KNOW I heard that door open. Those times scared me until I saw all was clear.

The voices and poltergeist shenanigans never bothered me. If I got too annoyed with things going missing I spoke up and asked for them to put them somewhere where I could find them. Things always ended up in the strangest places.

We live in a trailer park that has many haunted units, including the one we live in. We have a ghost cat and even my son does not mind that. In ten years that is the only ghostie we have felt or seen (yes, the ghost kitty sometimes shows his shadowy little self). Some of the other trailers are really bad - so I have been told...never experienced anything myself.

After living with them for ten years in Phoenix, and actually seeing two spirits with my own eyes, I am comfortable enough living with them as long as they let me go about the business of living. I'm fine sharing my space with others.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:59 PM

^ There has been several weird things happen at my house. My mom saw a cat too! There has been footsteps, noises, lights turned on, UFOs, DVDs moving....

Old 05-10-2014, 07:43 PM

446 posts, read 427,418 times
Is there a way to get rid of resident ghost? Can you ask them to leave?

Old 05-10-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
You could do that, or have a medium to do a cleansing

Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,254,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
I guess that depends on who you talk to...

... and which ghost shows you watch.

I never asked them to leave. I did ask them to let me peacefully share their space and we would get along fine. We did. I didn't know about sage back then, but probably would not have done that either. I wasn't afraid of that house - I loved it - and figured if someone wanted to stay there after death then they must love it too. (I kinda hope my mom has joined the crowd there; even though her death was not violent, it was horrendous. {lung cancer})

It would be a completely different story if the entities were evil in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal