Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 07:44 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

I lived in a house that had a tall man wearing a hat who flirted through the dining room and to the door that leads to the basement and disappeared. I thought it was my brain playing tricks on me until my roommate mentioned seeing the same thing . She was home during the day and heard footsteps and the basement door closing, too. I heard the door once. My cats also saw him, I believe. Several times all three suddenly dashed over to the basement door and scratched at the door, meowing.

I also felt someone touch me on the back and shoulders several times, and a few times at night I felt pressure next to me on my mattress. I'd think it was a cat, but no cat was there.

None of this was really scary. The house was built in the 1890s, originally belonged to one of the local mill workers as did the others on the street. It actually had a warm "feeling" to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 05:00 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
My house wasn't haunted but my neighborhood certainly was.

We built a brand new home in Wachesaw Plantation in South Carolina which is an old Indian Burial Ground News for Pawleys Island, Litchfield and Murrells Inlet.

When we first moved into the home, I wondered why my neighbor had flood lights and yard lights all over his home. Really excessive and weird.

My cats were always freaked out in this house for no apparent reason.

I refused to stay in the house by myself. I never saw anything but knew there was something evil, not human lurking outside. I could just feel it.

We sold the house almost immediately. The house isn't five years old yet and has already had four owners. This is a REALLY nice home also.

We didn't have ghosts, just that evil presence.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Old 07-06-2014, 01:38 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
My house wasn't haunted but my neighborhood certainly was.

We built a brand new home in Wachesaw Plantation in South Carolina which is an old Indian Burial Ground News for Pawleys Island, Litchfield and Murrells Inlet.

When we first moved into the home, I wondered why my neighbor had flood lights and yard lights all over his home. Really excessive and weird.

My cats were always freaked out in this house for no apparent reason.

I refused to stay in the house by myself. I never saw anything but knew there was something evil, not human lurking outside. I could just feel it.

We sold the house almost immediately. The house isn't five years old yet and has already had four owners. This is a REALLY nice home also.

We didn't have ghosts, just that evil presence.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
My theory is that since it's an old burial ground, it probably carries a certain energy. Knowing in advance what the area was once used for may compound that for some, I don't know.

Did your neighbor ever give any specifics as to why they had so many exterior lights? It sounds to me like they were picking up on the same presence you were, and their solution was to shine the daylights out of (or, more precisely, into ) their yard after dark.

-

Old 07-06-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
My theory is that since it's an old burial ground, it probably carries a certain energy. Knowing in advance what the area was once used for may compound that for some, I don't know.

Did your neighbor ever give any specifics as to why they had so many exterior lights? It sounds to me like they were picking up on the same presence you were, and their solution was to shine the daylights out of (or, more precisely, into ) their yard after dark.

-
No, he never gave any reason except I will say the area is very, very dark.

No streetlights or light pollution.

It was just extremely unsettling. I would not look out the windows at night.

Thanks for the reply and the input!!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post

-
I forgot to add that I didn't realize it was an old Indian Burial Ground until after we had been in the house a couple of months. My niece and nephew came for a visit and wanted to ghost hunt. I didn't find out until I started doing research about the area. When I found out is when everything started making sense. Before that, I had no idea why I had the bad feelings.

Also at night, there were no sounds. No wildlife, nothing. Really quiet.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 AM

92 posts, read 101,671 times
I've seen ghosts and felt them in my lifetime. I've lived in houses with spirits present. I hope to never do so again.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:19 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,466 times
when i was a kid my aunt lived in a haunted house. the water would come on by itself in the middle of the night, lights would turn on by themselves. even the backyard was spooky. it was full of trees and dark and creepy. one time she and her husband went in the attic and discovered that the family who lived there before them had left ALL of their furniture. i guess they were spooked and just left and never came back. LOL. she didn't live there for long. she moved into an apartment and i think the ghost followed her. we would be sitting on the sofa watching tv and the door to the apartment would just open by itself.

the house i live in now has been in the family for 60 years. once before moving in, we were doing some painting and stuff. we took pictures after it was done. two orb like figures were on a couple of the pictures. sometimes if i am home alone, it feels like somebody is watching me. there is a squeaky floorboard in the hallway. i can be laying in bed and i will hear that floorboard creak as if someone walked on it, but i am the only one at home. creepy!! i don't really get scared because it is probably one of my deceased family members' ghost trying to scare me.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
My home is not haunted thank goodness, and I was never a believer until I stayed in a cabin a couple months ago in the mountains of North Caorlina. The first night I had a horrible headache and went to bed very early. Our second night in the cabin I awoke to footsteps in the bedroom above us, at about 1 a.m. I figured my dad was awake. The footsteps were now heard in the living room which prompted me to get up and make sure my daughter and her friend were not still awake at this hour. Both sleeping soundly, nothing in sight. I went back into bed and was minutes away from drifitng off to sleep when something began to pull on the blanket that was covering me. I held on tight, and it was just a steady tug from near my feet. I got the strangest tingling throughout my entire body and was freeeezing. It lasted about 20 seconds, but i stayed in bed for about 10 minutes and talked myself into a "rational" explanation. The footsteps must have spooked me and my mind was playing tricks on me, which frightened me and thats where the intense feeling came from. A few minutes later I heard more footsteps. I got up, went to the bathroom, and washed my face. I got back into bed. Not even 20 minutes later i heard more distinct footsteps walk from the living room, into the room my husband and I were sleeping in, and right behind me. I *KNEW* it was my daughter coming to ask for something. The quilt I was laying on top of was tugged 2 times from behind me. I turned around and said "Yes?" but nobody was there. This was my first experience and I was TERRIFIED!

I literally jumped onto my husband shaking him to wake up. What surprised me most was his reassuring reaction. He'd typically be a bit more "oh please, go to sleep. its 3 a.m." I fell asleep locked against him. He actually stayed up for a while and in the morning he told me "you missed some weird stuff last night". I missed something? Really? Did YOU get touched. No, I didn't think so. YOU missed something. But what he told me was just ughh. He said after I fell asleep he was watching a video on his phone and something moved past the door. He got up and checked the cabin, but nothing was there. He got back in bed and pressed play again. He saw the door to the room open. He got up and cracked it again, like it had been. Went back to his movie (he had full 1/2 battery life on the phone) when all of a sudden the phone shuts off and he sees the rocking chair in the room rocking. He got up and put his hand on it and found that he could feel the pressure of it wanting to rock. He let it go and it rocked again. This was at 6 a.m. the day we were leaving that he's telling me this. I told him I was freaked out and asked him to stay in the bathroom while I showered. 5 minutes into the shower, I told him it was fine to go pack up. Not even 30 seconds after he left the lights began to flicker. I called out to him and he came back in. I finished my shower and nothing else happened, he said maybe it was an electrical surge. He went out and finished packing while I got dressed. The lights flickered again. By that time I was ready to get the heck out of dodge. This was our first and only experience and I don't even care to do that again. No reviews of people who have stayed there have mentioned anything, and the only info we got that would pertain to this was that the man who owned it had a heart attack and left the house to the gentlemen who is now renting it out for vacations. Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal