U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:44 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,397,746 times

Advertisements

Well, I just looked for a half of second on Google maps.. There is a house I don't like or get a bad feel from..

I don't like this white house at all... It's the white one in the middle

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bryan...,,2,-0.14&z=16

I Also noticed a church there so that means a cemetery is somewhere close.
I'll look at this location more in-depth and get back with you.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 05-23-2014 at 03:06 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 05:21 AM

14,788 posts, read 21,011,869 times
Have you heard the late Sylvia Brownes take on this ? she used to say stand in the middle of the room and talk to the spirit and tell them to go to the other side cause they don't live there anymore . I used to read all of her books she was an amazing lady and I really liked her so sad she has passed away .

Old 05-23-2014, 02:55 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,511,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
We havent done any investigations since she was born, so we feel we havent introduced anything into our home. If it is actually paranormal, it's not a negative entity. We do know her mom and grandma both had encounters with ghost to some degree, so we think it would be neat if it were grandma peeking in...
Not necessarily a safe assumption to make about entities that aren't operating within the laws of space and time as we understand them , but if your gut says it's a postitive experience nevertheless, it most likely is!

Old 05-23-2014, 03:57 PM

14,545 posts, read 19,026,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I never was a believer in any of this sort of stuff until I had a couple of experiences. One was a dream a few years ago but so real, I met my Grandfather who passed away when I was very little. I didn't really know him but I feel he contacted me via a dream state which now leads me to believe he watches over me or it was a message for me to give to my mother that he is good health since he died from brain cancer and my mom still has a hard time dealing with his passing back in the 70's.
My other more recent experience came from my Father in Law who passed away 6 months ago. I was with my 3 year old daughter in her room while she was playing and I'm facing her and out of reach of her, and she said "Hey who just patted me on the head"? and she had turned around and no one else was in the room. After she went to bed, I asked my wife, if her Dad would pat our daughter on the head, and she said Yes, then I told her what happened in our daughter's room. I think it was a form of saying goodbye to my daughter before his spirit left for the next life.
Prior to this two events in my life, I was very skeptical on these types of experiences. Now I'm a firm believer that there is more to what we can't see.
Badbird2000, if your experiences are non threatening, I think this would side more with your wife's grandmother. I don't think it hurts to talk to whoever is in the room, just let it know in positive words that it is your wish that the spirit move on and you appreciate their care and concern for your daughter but you and your wife can handle it from here. The spirit can be a guardian angel if they wish, to keep your family out of harms way. I'm no expert in this stuff by any means, but that would be my approach.
My dad passed on before i even knew my husband, so he never knew my son, but one day we'd gone somewhere and had stopped around the corner, and I had this odd feeling. When we got home I could tell immediatly that someone was there, and thought Dad.

He stayed around for almost a week, and even my son who was about three noticed. Didn't do anything but he was just reconnecting. The last time i saw him before his mind went hadn't been good, and I've been able to think of the good times since that incident. Then a couple weeks later, we had a flesh and blood visitor, his nephew, who looked just like Dad.

My husband had a dream about mom coming to him and it was definately not a pleasent one. he had it early on. Given the way the relationship ended, i guess she knew. It's odd in a way how i still feel close to mom and grandma and my aunt, almost as if they were still 'there' in me, even though they aren't haunting anyone. It's comforting even if its just something I seek and made.

There is a spirit in my current storage room, and when it had the modem connection in there but I'd moved out he'd unplug it from time to time. Since one of my kitties died unexpectedly in the room over night, he's been quiet, but he's not alone now so he feels peaceful and its going to make a nice peacefil day/guest room when i improve the heat/cold reflection in the windows.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:24 PM

2,923 posts, read 2,116,026 times
Quote:
Maybe i was caught up in the moment, but i said out loud, if there is anyone in this room, you are not alloweed in here anymore! You are NOT permitted to scare my daughter, harm her, touch her!
Speaking as a shamanic practitioner who has cleared my share of entities, some of them human and some of them definitely not, some entities will humor you if you say stuff like this and some won't. And some will take it as a fun challenge. It really depends more on their beliefs and outlook than yours.

If this is a benevolent ancestral spirit, why was your daughter yelling, "No!" at it? That doesn't sound like a fun evening for a little girl. And with the exceptions of the kindly ancestor or an angel, you are probably aware that in order to manifest any type of environmental changes or apparitional visitations, these entities pull energy off of the living beings in the home. So if you or any family members, including pets, feel fatigued or just off, that could be the reason.

If it is a spirit (human or otherwise) that rightly belongs somewhere else, the kindest thing to do would be to have someone who knows how to do it speak with them and get them to where they need to be. These are often confused and/or suffering spirits, and it is not kind to use them for our own amusement.

(And for those who think that simply shouting, "Go to the light," is the key, that alone often won't work. Earthbound spirits often have personal reasons for not crossing over that seem very logical and important to them while they are in this state, and unless you can dialogue with them and have some idea of whether to be firm or sweet, coercive or pedantic, you have no idea what will help them to understand that they need to move on and that it is safe for them to do so.)

Old 05-23-2014, 06:27 PM

13,765 posts, read 22,400,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Speaking as a shamanic practitioner who has cleared my share of entities, some of them human and some of them definitely not, some entities will humor you if you say stuff like this and some won't. And some will take it as a fun challenge. It really depends more on their beliefs and outlook than yours.

If this is a benevolent ancestral spirit, why was your daughter yelling, "No!" at it? That doesn't sound like a fun evening for a little girl. And with the exceptions of the kindly ancestor or an angel, you are probably aware that in order to manifest any type of environmental changes or apparitional visitations, these entities pull energy off of the living beings in the home. So if you or any family members, including pets, feel fatigued or just off, that could be the reason.

If it is a spirit (human or otherwise) that rightly belongs somewhere else, the kindest thing to do would be to have someone who knows how to do it speak with them and get them to where they need to be. These are often confused and/or suffering spirits, and it is not kind to use them for our own amusement.

(And for those who think that simply shouting, "Go to the light," is the key, that alone often won't work. Earthbound spirits often have personal reasons for not crossing over that seem very logical and important to them while they are in this state, and unless you can dialogue with them and have some idea of whether to be firm or sweet, coercive or pedantic, you have no idea what will help them to understand that they need to move on and that it is safe for them to do so.)
Children hear the word no often -- and they often repeat it with little meaning. And sometimes with meaning.

Since the father went into the room and said No to the ghost, it's entirely possible the spirit may have come back to wind up the mobile and the little girl was saying no to the ghost in a stern voice like Daddy just did and fear had nothing to do with it.

I can remember my sister trying to decipher what her daughter was saying to her all the time.... and finally did one morning. Bro in law asked sister if she had any money on her, so he didn't have to hit the ATM (back when ATMs were few and far between) to get gas and not get to work late. He did this all the time... and daughter picked it up as Ooze oo moe moe moany? My sister figured it out because daughter mimicked the holding the hand out part, just like Bro-in-law....

Kids mimic all the time... even the emotions.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:12 PM

19,305 posts, read 25,961,428 times
we have to be careful what we wish for, I believe within 10 years, someone will develop a type of "ghost glasses" a sensory bridge that most of us will see/feel and communicate with past spirits

for the first month this is fantastic, but then reality hits- we will be so obsessed trying to communicate with past spirits, we wont be living our own lives to the fullest...

the planes of reality will be turned upside down- this will have tragic ramifications, suicides rates will be tenfold, because they think they can come back without the pain,
do you really want this to be a reality?? that you have family members around you all the time?? it would be comforting for a week, but then,,,maybe you don't want them around for certain activities- what if they cant leave?? and you know they are there??

Old 05-24-2014, 01:22 PM

8,028 posts, read 6,403,819 times
That is one seriously WILD prediction. Why wouldn't people in this situation just take the magic glasses off?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:14 AM

17,585 posts, read 9,449,300 times
I think I would set up a camera in your daughters room.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:18 PM

8,279 posts, read 23,398,209 times
Quote:
Maybe i was caught up in the moment, but i said out loud, if there is anyone in this room, you are not alloweed in here anymore! You are NOT permitted to scare my daughter, harm her, touch her!
First off, kudos to you for keeping a rational head about this and not acting like one of those people who immediately assume that a haunting is taking place.

The above portion of your OP caught my attention and got me thinking. I do not want to make too light of the situation that took place as even though if nothing paranormal took place I am sure it was still traumatic for you and your wife. But...

...if there really is a spirit realm and that world intersects with ours, who are you to say the spirit is not allowed in the room? What if the room is really in their space and they don't want you in it? And how does Earthly permission translate in the spirit world? I know you were being protective over your daughter, and I am joking with this, but really, do you have authority over a ghost? I mean seriously, you gonna call the Ghost Busters?

Joking aside, I hope nothing too bizarre or dangerous occurs and if there does turn out to be a ghost in the room may it be that grandparent you wrote of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal