U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 PM

605 posts, read 1,410,676 times

Advertisements

My family (Wife, 20 month old daughter and i) moved into a new to us house almost a year ago. The house is 6 years old, new construction, in a new development. My daughter is pretty good at sleeping thru the night, once in awhile she may wake up once during the night. About three weeks ago, she woke up 3 times in four nights, all at exactly the same time, 1:15 am. I know because every time, i went to the kitchen to get a bottle, i saw the time on the stove. Kinda weird. The last night, it was a Friday night, my wife went to comfort her as i was making the bottle. As she opened the door, i hear music. The wife comes running in the kitchen, "Her mobile is playing over her bed!" Well, go get her!! I run in the room, and it had stopped. My wife was holding her, and she was crying. We gave her the bottle, and she settled down and went back to sleep pretty quick. I checked out the mobile, its fairly new and never gets used. Everything was quiet... my cat followed me in the room, and he didn't act funny at all. Now, we are semi-amaetur ghost hunters. We have a couple emf detectors, digitial recorder, infared thermometer. Maybe i was caught up in the moment, but i said out loud, if there is anyone in this room, you are not alloweed in here anymore! You are NOT permitted to scare my daughter, harm her, touch her!

After we got back in bed, we were talking. My wife said, when i walked in the room, she was sitting on the other side of the crib, pointing at the mobile, yelling "NO!NO!!". Took me awhile to get back to sleep. The next morning, she was fine, no more episodes. I spent an hour trying to find a reason for the mobile going off. She is not talk enough to even reach the windup switch for it standing up in the crib. I tried to slightly wind it and bump it, nothing worked. No explanation that registers in this world, unless the spring was caught up from being wound previously. Since then, we have not heard the mobile again, but last week, my wife went to check on her and get her bottle after we put her down. She was laying on the bottle, so she left her and went back about 20 minutes later. She had rolled over and the bottle was retrieved. When she came out she asked me if i had been in since she went in the first time. I said, no, why? She said she was had rolled over and was tucked in with her blanket, so much and so perfectly, she assumed i had done it! I said, no.. not me. She may have just grabbed her blanket at the same time she rolled over, but it seems iffy...

We will keep an eye on eveything, just thought i would share
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 12:30 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,327,772 times
Interesting story. Thanks

Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,731,482 times
Would be interesting to see what happens next.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 AM

540 posts, read 1,775,194 times
Have you had any close relatives pass away in your family? Have you researched the history of the land in which the house was built on?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Have you had any close relatives pass away in your family? Have you researched the history of the land in which the house was built on?
Funny you should ask.. we did find out the other day that the land the subdivision was built on was owned by a family that still lives in a house at the entrance to the subdivision. The gentleman that owned all the land shot himself in the bathtub at the age of 47. His name was Bryan.. our subdivision is called Bryans Meadows. All of the streets are girls names, named after his daughters. The house is maybe 75 yards from my house. My neighbor across the street, his property backs up to that house. The majority of our neighbors have reported shadow figures in their houses, with noises they can't explain. It seems they think he may simply make rounds to different houses..

My wife and i have also talked, she feels her grandmother may be a candidate to visit if anyone from our immediate family.. she passed right before we started dating, about 9 years ago.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 AM

540 posts, read 1,775,194 times
I never was a believer in any of this sort of stuff until I had a couple of experiences. One was a dream a few years ago but so real, I met my Grandfather who passed away when I was very little. I didn't really know him but I feel he contacted me via a dream state which now leads me to believe he watches over me or it was a message for me to give to my mother that he is good health since he died from brain cancer and my mom still has a hard time dealing with his passing back in the 70's.
My other more recent experience came from my Father in Law who passed away 6 months ago. I was with my 3 year old daughter in her room while she was playing and I'm facing her and out of reach of her, and she said "Hey who just patted me on the head"? and she had turned around and no one else was in the room. After she went to bed, I asked my wife, if her Dad would pat our daughter on the head, and she said Yes, then I told her what happened in our daughter's room. I think it was a form of saying goodbye to my daughter before his spirit left for the next life.
Prior to this two events in my life, I was very skeptical on these types of experiences. Now I'm a firm believer that there is more to what we can't see.
Badbird2000, if your experiences are non threatening, I think this would side more with your wife's grandmother. I don't think it hurts to talk to whoever is in the room, just let it know in positive words that it is your wish that the spirit move on and you appreciate their care and concern for your daughter but you and your wife can handle it from here. The spirit can be a guardian angel if they wish, to keep your family out of harms way. I'm no expert in this stuff by any means, but that would be my approach.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,406,781 times
You said that you and your wife are amateur ghost hunters? Maybe you brought something home with you?

Having 3 kids myself though, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Kids that age can have weird circadian rhythms and are little living tape recorders so it doesn't sound too spooky to me.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:52 PM

5,779 posts, read 4,494,139 times
When my nephew was maybe 4 or 5, my sister had a painting of our dad in the living room, done from a photo taken not long before his death. I was in the kitchen visiting, and all of a sudden, but sisters came tearing into the kitchen, eyes wide. I asked them what was wrong and they said Cam saw "the man in the picture" and he was standing in the corner of the room.

So I said to them: that means either that you're scared of our father, or that you thought whatever he was seeing wasn't our father. Plus, you both ran out of the room and left little nephew alone with a ghost ... without hauling him out of the room.

Kids do say (and see) the darnedest things. Nephew's now a "ghost hunter" with my brother's paranormal investigation group. A kid at my former church was sad one day, and his parents asked him why ... he said he used to see angels in the sanctuary, but since he grew up, he no longer saw them.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:00 PM

26,154 posts, read 16,840,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE
Yea it sounds like a family member wanting to look out for baby

Old 05-22-2014, 11:11 AM

We havent done any investigations since she was born, so we feel we havent introduced anything into our home. If it is actually paranormal, it's not a negative entity. We do know her mom and grandma both had encounters with ghost to some degree, so we think it would be neat if it were grandma peeking in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal