U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 12:53 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,637,565 times

Advertisements

someone near and dear in the family just passed away. he was old and frail, in his 90s. in his younger days, he had the gift of being a face reader - in casual conversations, he'd suddenly blurt out something like, "you know, i have a feeling that such and such is going to happen to you" and it would often occur just as described. i guess you'd say he was a bit psychic, although he never worked in that capacity professionally and neither did he accept any money for making "predictions".

he had gone senile in his older days and recently had been diagnosed with the onset of dementia. a few weeks ago, he had been admitted to the hospital and at one point when he was heavily medicated and only partly conscious, he kept repeating, "my mom is calling me from a far, far away place. i must go. i'll go soon", words to that effect. it was a bit unnerving and even freaky to us.

a few hours ago, he passed away. i hope if there is an after life, he has indeed been re-united with his mother and is resting peacefully.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM

13,779 posts, read 22,414,758 times
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM

5,890 posts, read 4,567,704 times
May God keep him in memory eternal.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:26 PM

7,172 posts, read 3,590,675 times
Sorry for your loss. I too am hoping there is an afterlife and that our departed loved ones find peace there.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 PM

35,103 posts, read 44,641,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
someone near and dear in the family just passed away. he was old and frail, in his 90s. in his younger days, he had the gift of being a face reader - in casual conversations, he'd suddenly blurt out something like, "you know, i have a feeling that such and such is going to happen to you" and it would often occur just as described. i guess you'd say he was a bit psychic, although he never worked in that capacity professionally and neither did he accept any money for making "predictions".

he had gone senile in his older days and recently had been diagnosed with the onset of dementia. a few weeks ago, he had been admitted to the hospital and at one point when he was heavily medicated and only partly conscious, he kept repeating, "my mom is calling me from a far, far away place. i must go. i'll go soon", words to that effect. it was a bit unnerving and even freaky to us.

a few hours ago, he passed away. i hope if there is an after life, he has indeed been re-united with his mother and is resting peacefully.
Did he wear plaid flannel shirts often with what I call "station pants"? (Those are the pants that gasoline station attendants wore as a uniform with the same color shirt).

Often those who are close to leaving the earthly plane hear the voice of those who have crossed over before them.
Those who have crossed over before them wait in the white light to greet them when they arrive.

My sympathies for the loss of your treasured friend and loved one.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:31 AM

774 posts, read 801,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post

I believe so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal