U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2018, 09:27 AM

84 posts, read 48,787 times

Advertisements

I misplace stuff pretty frequently. A lot of times I don't really get too bother by it because I will literally place my wallet or other objects ANYWHERE. I've become a bit better about it but it still happens. For instance I'll walk around the house with my phone, put it down on a random bookshelf because I need to do something. Come back and have no clue where my phone is and have to retrace around the entire house. I've put up a key hanger in the coat closet so I've stopped misplacing those.

One instance comes to mind that I still can't explain. I've got an amazon prime credit card, it's dark grey and metallic and has rust spots on it.I use it for 99% of my purchases. One day, it was missing. I didn't freak out because it has happened that it dropped under the car seat or it fell behind the bed if I ordered something online and took the card out for reference. Days went by I couldn't find my card. Several times took everything out of my wallet. Went through all the usual spots at home. Continuously monitored my online transactions to make sure nobody was using it. One day, I'm in a store and go to grab my capital one card which is red and what's the first thing that I see in my wallet but a dark grey card with rust spots just right there in front of me.
You could imagine someone held on to it, noted the information for future use, and put it back. This was months or even a year ago. Still no fraudulent use...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 05:29 AM

2 posts, read 302 times
hi ! im catholic btw but i dont believe that a ghost got my things and put it back at the same exact spot. There has to be an explanation. I remembered where i put my library pass this morning (in my bag) but after a while it's gone ! 20 mins of no attention to it and it disappears !

Old 10-11-2018, 09:27 AM

20 posts, read 2,241 times
I experience this, but only when my mischievous, bratty nephew visits. He's stolen laundry money (coins), the TV remote control, headphones, a pocket knife, another knife from the barn, etc. I visited his house recently and left my laptop there. When I asked my brother to look where I left it, guess what....it disappeared, case and all. What takes the cake is he pulls this crap and still has the nerve to ask me for money. I'm not talking about $1's or $5's. This one asks for $50 or $100. I'm like, "Hah! Get a job, kid...when I was your age, I washed dishes in a pizza parlor to earn enough money for school clothes." None of it sinks in, unfortunately.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:42 AM

20 posts, read 2,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
At least once a year smudge your home to get rid of spirits. You can buy smudge sticks online. They are usually made of sage and maybe a few other things. You should be able to find directions for how to use it. Be careful you don't drop any sparks and start a fire. Also be mindful of smoke detectors to keep windows and doors open if necessary while doing it and have a fan or even a hairdryer to blow smoke away from the detectors.

You can hold the smudge stick in front of you and fan smoke around your body to cleanse and heal.
This reminds me of a podcast I heard. There was this powerful entity doing freaky things to this family (ie: writing on the mirror with soap; waterfalls coming from the stairs; knives in cushions, etc), so the family hired a shaman to get rid of it. It turned out Mr. Entity had a sense of humor. All the night before the shaman showed up, the entity pounded on the walls, making it sound like indian drums, lol. Then when the shaman and his assistant showed up, they started smudging the house, going room to room with smoking sage. There's this one room that the entity liked. When the shaman blew the smoke into the room, the entity blew it back out, lol. The smoking/non-smoking went on for a while.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 98 times
Default The Fair Folk

Things like this never happened to me until I took up with my now-husband. His family is of Irish descent. His Grandmother had recently 'bequeathed' him the family little people or fair folk. These beings attach themselves to, in this case, the family. Sometimes it is a particular person or a particular place or even item! The caveats of this bequest were to speak kindly of the folk, to not throw wash water over the back stoop (no problem here, we lived in an apartment) and to leave a dish of milk out for them on the high holidays. That would be Imbolc (Feb 2), Beltane (May1), Lughnassa (Aug 1) and Samhein (Oct 31).

The idea of this just enchanted me! I was careful to obey the strictures. Soon, things began to go missing. The best remembered instance that I noticed was in early September (so it was not a punishment).

Simultaneously, a silver goblet and a book on software engineering went missing. The goblet from the top of a bureau in the living room and the book from a bookcase in the same room. We were looking for the book because my husband was assigned it for a university class he was taking. Ultimately we had to buy a new copy. As I thought of it over the next few months, I began wondering if they were trying to build a rudimentary computer. I thought that,maybe, they were trying to draw the silver out into wire and using the book to try to figure out what to do. So I said out-loud "The goblet is silver-plated brass and the book won't do you any good; the engineering part is not really physical engineering at all" Just a few days later, the borrowed book was right there beside the new book and the goblet was back on the bureau. They earned an extra dish of milk.

I do, by the way, believe that the cat drank the leftover milk.

Over the next 30 years, many, many things have gone missing. And, for the most part the things eventually have come back. We have always warned them when we were planning to move and gave them the next address. The fair folk have never been malicious, just - from our point of view - mischievous. It is my belief that they always have a good reason - from their point of view - for borrowing something and if asked nicely, they will return it. I also think they forget that they've borrowed something. Asking for it sends rhem into a multi-day scramble to find it and so return it.

Be good to your little folk and they will be good to you. They don't grant wishes or do magic. Its just live and let live. Blessed Be

Old 10-18-2018, 07:08 PM

17,157 posts, read 22,161,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinster View Post
Things like this never happened to me until I took up with my now-husband. His family is of Irish descent. His Grandmother had recently 'bequeathed' him the family little people or fair folk. These beings attach themselves to, in this case, the family. Sometimes it is a particular person or a particular place or even item! The caveats of this bequest were to speak kindly of the folk, to not throw wash water over the back stoop (no problem here, we lived in an apartment) and to leave a dish of milk out for them on the high holidays. That would be Imbolc (Feb 2), Beltane (May1), Lughnassa (Aug 1) and Samhein (Oct 31).

The idea of this just enchanted me! I was careful to obey the strictures. Soon, things began to go missing. The best remembered instance that I noticed was in early September (so it was not a punishment).

Simultaneously, a silver goblet and a book on software engineering went missing. The goblet from the top of a bureau in the living room and the book from a bookcase in the same room. We were looking for the book because my husband was assigned it for a university class he was taking. Ultimately we had to buy a new copy. As I thought of it over the next few months, I began wondering if they were trying to build a rudimentary computer. I thought that,maybe, they were trying to draw the silver out into wire and using the book to try to figure out what to do. So I said out-loud "The goblet is silver-plated brass and the book won't do you any good; the engineering part is not really physical engineering at all" Just a few days later, the borrowed book was right there beside the new book and the goblet was back on the bureau. They earned an extra dish of milk.

I do, by the way, believe that the cat drank the leftover milk.

Over the next 30 years, many, many things have gone missing. And, for the most part the things eventually have come back. We have always warned them when we were planning to move and gave them the next address. The fair folk have never been malicious, just - from our point of view - mischievous. It is my belief that they always have a good reason - from their point of view - for borrowing something and if asked nicely, they will return it. I also think they forget that they've borrowed something. Asking for it sends rhem into a multi-day scramble to find it and so return it.

Be good to your little folk and they will be good to you. They don't grant wishes or do magic. Its just live and let live. Blessed Be
thank you for writing this I love folklore!!!!!!

I think we are just too damn arrogant if we think we know eeverything..

I have things that get moved from room to room or turned upside down..

Old 10-18-2018, 07:17 PM

145 posts, read 22,108 times
My husband recently lost his pocket knife. It reappeared a couple weeks after he bought a replacement. It showed up when I switched purses. We both forgot he gave it to me to keep for him when he went to the hospital. I keep telling him he needs a man bag. I have enough responsibility keeping track of my own stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or