U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 05:15 AM

18,006 posts, read 18,259,532 times

Advertisements

Not by any chance, restricted drugs such as one of the oxys are they? Or any drugs with street value?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 05:35 PM

1,093 posts, read 749,993 times
Is there anyone else younger living in the house?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:03 AM

2,983 posts, read 2,159,661 times
Try between the cushions. It is almost always there. If not, sometimes things get behind drawers.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 AM

4,761 posts, read 2,534,121 times
It is much easier to believe in paranormal beings than to admit to yourself or others that you may have forgotten something or made a mistake.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:45 AM

11,334 posts, read 19,247,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I had a cat who would steal the pen we had on the counter. We replaced it with another pen and that, too disappeared. We went through all our pens and then he was working on the pencils. I couldn't figure out where they went. Someone suggested the refridge (which was across from the counter). Sure enough, that is where ALL the pens & pencils went. So, my suggestion to you, is look under the refridge and maybe the stove.

The people who used to live in this house told us that things would go missing but then they were found the next day or so. We have yet to experience that.

Cat
We do find stuff under those things that have been batted by paws.... but my cats also have access to the back yard and the neighborhood..... so my watch is probably out there somewhere.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM

8,190 posts, read 8,461,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestsnow009 View Post
I recently have noticed that items in my house are disappearing from the exact spot where I last had them. Ill give you a good and recent example.

My laptop cord vanished from my bedroom at night, even though I know EXACTLY where I last put it and have a very distinct memory of bringing it up there. I know for certain because I had to come back downstairs to get it and pull the couch out a bit to reach the outlet and unplug it. I went back upstairs, did some school work, turned it off, put it on my closet shelf and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, the laptop was there but the cord was gone. Simply gone. It was nowhere in the house. vanished. I looked EVERYWHERE for days. Gone with no explanation. I instantly knew this was something totally paranormal because I had JUST USED IT!!! 3 or 4 days went by, no cord! Mind you I currently am alone in my house (parents are overseas) with my 12 month old daughter who was knocked out sleeping between the times in which it vanished.

I also noticed my daughters special shoes disappeared. They are a special pair that are designed for little walkers, she wears them everyday and they are kept in the SAME place. Those were gone too. Just gone.

After not being able to use my laptop for a few days really started to anger me and become an issue. I looked up object disappearance because I just knew it had nothing to do with me...I read that I should demand outloud that the entinity/poltergiest return my property...So I did...and within minutes(literally) my laptop cord appeared wedged behind an end table and recliner in the corner of the living room (which I happened to see because I was setting up a play tent for my daughter in the living room) It was slightly wrapped up and totally hiding. This was so freaking scary I didnt even go pick it up for a good hour! IM NOT DONE!! Her shoes appeared RIGHT after that...in my purse!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe this happened!!! I am totally disturbed by this!

I said outloud "PLease return my laptop cord and my daughters shoes. I need these items and I dont appreciate them being taken from me. Thank you." Boom!! There was my stuff. It was creepy, like someting heard me and returned my items to weird places.

Is this real? I just have zero explanation for how these things appeared in these spots. Like I said, i currently live alone with my 12 month old so I dont know how this happend. I am an atheist, but I guses now I am starting to believe that there is at least some type of other dimension.

Any information would be hepful!
When having to choose between conflicting explanations for an event, the simplest explanation is generally the correct one.

The supernatural explanation would be that a poltergeist, demon, fairy, or ghost removed the object.

The natural explanation would be that some other person in the house, an animal that resides in the house, or a stranger (unbeknownst to you) entered the home and took the object.

The natural explanation is the simple explanation and almost certainly what happened.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,023 times
Yes, I've been having my shoes disappearing for a while now. Since I began college, I lose a pair - freshman year was my running shoes, sophomore year my formal shoes and junior year my flip flops. My running shoes was probably because I partied where i was staying and got lost, but the formal shoes and my flip flops, I, for sure knew where I placed them. Especially my formal shoes...how do they get lost hahah, but yeah...it's weird af

Old 11-21-2015, 03:13 PM

965 posts, read 985,900 times
My socks disappear in the dryer all the time.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:32 PM

17,328 posts, read 21,471,019 times
"Has anyone experiences objects disappearing in the house without explanation?"

Yes. I have. All of my life. More so in some dwellings than in others.

In our current house it happens, significantly, several times a year. It does not feel malevolent, but it can be disruptive and inconvenient.

For example, I was packing for a trip to visit my niece in early May. The winter before that, I had bought a pair of white jeans on clearance. They were cut well and they were comfortable. I never got to wear them, but I hung them in the out of season side of my closet. I thought they would be perfect to wear on the plane and when we went out to dinner later on.

So, you guessed it. They were GONE. Never wore them. Never got to wear them. And they never returned.

This has happened with jewelry, photographs, important and irreplaceable memorabilia, documents - you get the idea.

I went to a seminar given by a spiritualist church a few months ago, and a woman was giving a talk about this issue. She gave a number of reasons - fey folk - faeries and the like, and spirits that are a degree more mischievous than those. As well as evil spirits.

Her thought was that it is seldom the latter. I would tend to agree.

She suggested the same thing another did - to leave a tiny cup of beer in a thimble or another tiny container. She also suggested leaving sweets out. Small candies.

A Catholic friend taught me to say this little rhyme "St. Anthony St. Anthony please come around. Something's been lost, that can not be found".

As someone who was raised Protestant and taught not to pray to saints, I was a little reluctant to try this. But, it works. Not all the time. But better than half the time.

I think in my case, I lived once in a particularly haunted apartment - before we bought our first home. And I happen to believe that a mischievous spirit has followed me since then.

I have moved seven times in the past 27 years. I am a pretty good packer, and I am OK in the organization department.

However, it never ceases to amaze me, how I can lose my high school year book, yet a leopard patterned banana clip bought in the 1980s will turn up every time I move.
Annoying as hell.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:58 AM

31,719 posts, read 17,143,658 times
I was talking to our yard worker the other day and this subject came up. He said they found a stash of all sorts of missing objects underneath the house. The culprit was a pack rat. We live in a rural area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or