Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:21 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,392,592 times

Advertisements

I had a strange experience a few nights ago and would appreciate other's opinions.

I was half-asleep, staring at the corner beside the door. It seemed a mist or shadow formed slowly, almost like some sort of shadow, but, there was no source of light coming into that area.

It grew bigger, then, took a form, like a man, only about 10 ft tall---went all the way up to the ceiling. Its "body" became more defined, it looked like some sort of Biblical person, in long white robes. It was translucent, but slowly becoming more solid. It formed a head, with distinct, green eyes. I spoke to it and said what do you want? The head seemed to turn in a mechanical fashion. My dh woke up and heard me, so, it wasn't a complete dream, unless he just heard me talking in response to a dream. It seemed to move a bit, but not much, except the head. My dh asked what I saw, I described it, he didn't see anything. I got up and turned on the lights, there was nothing. I assumed it was a dream and turned off the lights, it was gone. But it slowly formed again, this time looking directly at me. I told it "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I command you to leave". Right about that point, my cat walked right through it and through the open bedroom door. It vanished.

Was all this a crazy dream? My dh remembers the conversation, so I didn't dream talking to him and his responses.

I've had other encounters with shadow people, but none as defined or colorful. Usually they are simply the color of a dull shadow and monochromatic. This thing had some color, white, green eyes, and a glint of metallic around the head, and some gold in the robes.

Anyone else have any such encounter? What do you make of this? Please, no jokes, etc, I would really like to know if anyone else has had some similar experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 05:54 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,166 times
Interesting.
As a kid I would 'see things' and felt that it was me doing it. The reason I figured it was me was because I formed things with my eyes closed and still saw them. I don't mean like a dream, I mean like a movie screen on the back of my eyelids.
So I just figured that I was 'projecting' these images/vision into/onto real space. Having something come into my field of vision (a cat) would distract me and the image would instantly vanished.

So it could have been, and likely is, just a dream or dreamlike something. And I would think that the cat would have picked up on any sort of malicious energy present. I have had several pets be telling of badness in the air, be it physical or of the spirit realm.

I have seen shadow creatures. I call them 'smoke bunnies'. But nothing bigger than a bunny...or as creepy.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Perhaps you are right, it was an odd dream I was "projecting out". When the cat walked through it, it disappeared. The real image of the cat broke my dream image. Ok, I will accept that.

I've had other "encounters" where a cat gets involved and somehow scares the "ghost" off. Its probably like you say, the real cat breaks the imagined ghost.

So, always sleep with a cat or two!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:13 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,327 times
I once saw a man in spirit on the side of my bed, holding his neck. He was an older man and I had no idea who this was. So, I elbowed my SO that was sleeping right next to me and asked him if he knew of an older guy with gray hair. He said "yes, I know many men with that are older with gray hair". And that was that. I said, "He was holding his neck and this seems very important, so, tell me what you know MR!" He just said.. 'sweetheart, I have no idea.. did you see anything else?" I said, "No.. but this is important!" and he just rolled over because I couldn't identify the guy. The next morning, his ex-wife mother called and said her husband had passed of a heart attack that night, so that is why I couldn't identify him and I didn't know him. He was alive at the time he came through. But, he was trying to communicate through me to him. Very sad week.

As far as shadowy figures, I have never seen one and would probably get my shotgun out very quickly. Passed spirits do have the ability to form some recognizable type of energy so if they don't, that means they can't and are dark entities that will not reason.. and they are history. They won't put me through all the mental capacity it takes to understand them and I won't go there.. I would if there was some type of reward or something but it is just dark.. Darkness only knows darkness... period

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 06-01-2014 at 07:25 PM..

Old 06-01-2014, 07:39 PM

This reminds me of a story my Grandfather used to tell.

This happened when he was about 25, which was back in 1916. GF said he came home from work exhausted and fell asleep in front of the kitchen stove. Something woke him, and he saw a coffin on a wheeled platform going down the hall. GF said according to the kitchen clock it was 1:30 am. Later the following morning, they got a phone call, his father-in-law, Grandmother's father, had passed away in the night.

I've been doing some family history and came across G-GF death certificate. Time of death was 1:30 AM....and according to my research, they did have a telephone in their home. It was a shared party-line. I always believed GF story, but to find evidence that bore out the exact details, ie---the timing of the death and the vision, well....that's something!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
This reminds me of a story my Grandfather used to tell.

This happened when he was about 25, which was back in 1916. GF said he came home from work exhausted and fell asleep in front of the kitchen stove. Something woke him, and he saw a coffin on a wheeled platform going down the hall. GF said according to the kitchen clock it was 1:30 am. Later the following morning, they got a phone call, his father-in-law, Grandmother's father, had passed away in the night.

I've been doing some family history and came across G-GF death certificate. Time of death was 1:30 AM....and according to my research, they did have a telephone in their home. It was a shared party-line. I always believed GF story, but to find evidence that bore out the exact details, ie---the timing of the death and the vision, well....that's something!

That is interesting and probably very true about what your grandfather saw. I get it quite often. So much, that I put myself on medication because I was getting stuff like this all the time. I am not on it currently, but there are times when everyone and their brother is coming to me. And I don't know any of them.. so how in the he** am I suppose to help them? Out of all them, I helped my dad. ( Or maybe a few others, that I could identify) but it's much different if you get these images and can't so anything with it. It's frustrating.

I once saw two twins ( identical girls) that were missing.. I saw the town, even the street name, the school that was by it, the police cars with the blue lights going, the people in the street and had no clue to how I could help. I got up the next morning.. looked for some info on the news, tried to Google places but had no idea to where I was suppose to look.. but I really think they were murdered. Because they were hovering between the thin veil of this life and the next. I'll look at some images online now that it has arouse my curiosity once again.. but then again, it could be a book that someone was writing or one I was suppose to write.. I have no way of knowing but I knew these two girls were in serious trouble and was coming to me . The place was not around here.. I am going to say it was PA or somewhere. That's a true story.. I'll see if I can find some image that matches. Two girls that were blonde that resembled Jon Benet? Heck.. I don't know.

Something like the above.. I'll have to read the story.. This is just a picture while on the internet.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Here's the article on that ( 2006 is about the the time i had it)

Mother of twin girls, 5, stabbed to death by their father driven crazy by Prozac reveals why she's fighting to free him from jail | Mail Online

Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times
Sounds like a hypnopompic hallucination:

Hypnopompic Hallucinations | Hypnagogic Hallucinations

Old 06-03-2014, 02:22 PM

855 posts, read 623,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Sounds like a hypnopompic hallucination:

Hypnopompic Hallucinations | Hypnagogic Hallucinations
I was thinking hypnopompic as well.

Usually when I get those, it's in the form of patterns all over the
walls and ceiling which are so realistic they conform to the
actual dimensions of the bedroom, and then they gradually fade
out the more awake I become.

-

Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 AM

172 posts, read 274,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I had a strange experience a few nights ago and would appreciate other's opinions.

I was half-asleep, staring at the corner beside the door. It seemed a mist or shadow formed slowly, almost like some sort of shadow, but, there was no source of light coming into that area.

It grew bigger, then, took a form, like a man, only about 10 ft tall---went all the way up to the ceiling. Its "body" became more defined, it looked like some sort of Biblical person, in long white robes. It was translucent, but slowly becoming more solid. It formed a head, with distinct, green eyes. I spoke to it and said what do you want? The head seemed to turn in a mechanical fashion. My dh woke up and heard me, so, it wasn't a complete dream, unless he just heard me talking in response to a dream. It seemed to move a bit, but not much, except the head. My dh asked what I saw, I described it, he didn't see anything. I got up and turned on the lights, there was nothing. I assumed it was a dream and turned off the lights, it was gone. But it slowly formed again, this time looking directly at me. I told it "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I command you to leave". Right about that point, my cat walked right through it and through the open bedroom door. It vanished.

Was all this a crazy dream? My dh remembers the conversation, so I didn't dream talking to him and his responses.

I've had other encounters with shadow people, but none as defined or colorful. Usually they are simply the color of a dull shadow and monochromatic. This thing had some color, white, green eyes, and a glint of metallic around the head, and some gold in the robes.

Anyone else have any such encounter? What do you make of this? Please, no jokes, etc, I would really like to know if anyone else has had some similar experience.
Hmmmm I'm not sure. My guess is that if it's real, other people would have experienced the same thing. When I saw a spoooook, it was after some people had done a seance.There was a statue in the room with food around it, I guess they prayed to it to speak to their dead relatives. Anyway, as I was relaxing in the darkened room a few hours later, the ghosts appeared in all white and had the image of real people, kind of like Colonel Sanders KFC. They seemed like nice people, all smiles. Then after they left, the statue started writing stuff on the walls and mirrors in Greek or something ancient. Then I felt this extreme cold and saw this dark shadow form on the ceiling (red eyes on the middle). It was the scariest chit I had ever experienced. Needless to say, I ran out of the room ( opposite direction of the demon) and never went back in. A few days later I found out that other people had experienced the same thing. My assumption is that if it's real, you'll know it, there's no guesswork.

Last edited by CDJudge; 06-09-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal