Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:28 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
This just happened almost 2 mos ago that I still can't explain. This is the very first time something like this has ever happened to me.

In my apt, my fiance' asked me, "where did this come from?" It was a slender, wooden triangular-shaped doorstop that you place at the bottom of the door to keep it open. Neither of us have ever seen that & we don't even use doorstops in this place, but my fiance' said it was sitting right smack in the middle of one of the counters in the kitchen. It didn't seem to be any wooden framing that fell from the underside of the cabinet or anything.

Hmm.
So THAT'S where it went! Through a portal to your house. I swear I go through doorstops like you can't believe. I buy a package at least once a year.

In our house, it's been Barbie shoes. We've lived here for 30 years, we don't have kids, the people before were old and no kids...and in the past year I've found a few Barbie doll shoes. No one in my area has daughters...

The obvious thing is the cats find them and bring them in, but...

When I was young, I was very careless with Barbie shoes, and my dad would end up stepping on them in his bare feet. So when I got a new Barbie outfit, my mom took the shoes. So when I find one, I kinda wonder if they are from Mom...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 11:40 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
I see a penny on the ground, I pick it up..the ''good luck'' jingle, etc. So last year, just before Christmas, I buy this Snoopy dog bank. It is about 8 inches tall and 4 inches wide. I decide to put my ''found'' pennies in it for fun and luck.
In the time since to last week I have probably only put a few pennies in it a few times.
Well, money gets tight to pay day so I decide to purge my coin banks for a small purchase. I have seperate banks for each coin type. I go through them all and need 2 bucks more.
I figure Snoopy might have something to add so I open him up. To my amazement this bank is completely filled with pennies!
No way did I personally fill that bank and no one else did either except my Guardian Angel, whom I acknowledge to be my deceased mom.
I believe the pennies were left to me to assure me of her support and love during what had been a very difficult week in our home.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,398 times
I gave a red, heart-shaped, smooth stone I had found to a close friend, told him to take care of this piece of my heart when I went home from a visit to his house. I live 800 miles away. Four months later, I reached in my jeans pocket when I put them on in the morning, and found a smooth, heart-shaped stone almost identical except it is brown. I had worn the jeans the previous day and there was nothing in the pocket then. The new stone has a scar on one side, and my friend has had open heart surgery. There is no possible rational explanation for its appearance in my pocket.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
A good friend of mine once thought that remodeling workers stole a pair of very expensive diamond earrings, they were there one day and just gone the next. She turned that house upside down looking for them. this was about 3 years ago.

However when she had another bathroom remodeled a few months back, and workers were demolishing a wall, the earrings were found inside the wall. The lathe and plaster wall they were found in, was original to the house (house built in 1903).

She wasnt surprised though, its common to have strange things happening at this house.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:38 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Found my deodorant and shampoo on the top shelf of my closet one day. No idea how they got there.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I had a lot of things disappear, but then my kids moved out and it stopped.

I only had something appear once. It was something I owned, it was put away in my closet and was something I'd forgotten all about. And then one day I went in my bedroom and into the bathroom and there it was. Nobody else was with me at the time - my kids were away at school. It was something from a loved one who had passed. I KNOW I didn't put it there - I had completely forgotten about it and hadn't thought of it in years.

I've stopped questioning such things. Now I just smile and nod my head.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:51 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I rented a room in my younger days from a good friends mother in San Diego. The woman was normal in all respects, worked hard and had a normal life. When I first moved in, she told me about a ghost that she believed was in the house, nothing bad just a few weird things that would happen.
One thing that happened is that she found a nice woman's ring on the bathroom sink one day. She lived there by herself at the time and used that bathroom everyday. She had no idea where the ring came from or how it got there. She'd never seen it before and knew it wasn't hers. She decided not to move it and just leave it alone. The next day the ring was gone just like it had never been there.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:05 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A good friend of mine once thought that remodeling workers stole a pair of very expensive diamond earrings, they were there one day and just gone the next. She turned that house upside down looking for them. this was about 3 years ago.

However when she had another bathroom remodeled a few months back, and workers were demolishing a wall, the earrings were found inside the wall. The lathe and plaster wall they were found in, was original to the house (house built in 1903).

She wasnt surprised though, its common to have strange things happening at this house.
It's very likely she hid the earrings and forgot. I do this all the time with jewelry and other valuables.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:57 PM

186 posts, read 175,483 times
It all started when I bought a house my money keeps disappearing.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Parents with more than one child experience this daily.

Who spilled the juice?

Who tracked the mud in from the front yard?

Who threw that wrapper in the floor?

Who left the sink full of dirt?

No one ever takes responsibility for these things, but they happen on a daily basis.
All perpetrated by an elf named Ida No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal