U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 03:50 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,278,845 times

Advertisements

Until some one comes out with reliable evidence rather than pie in the sky conspiracy theories i'll continue to believe a bunch of Arabs who hated America highjacked some planes and flew them into buildings.
Rate this post positively

Old 06-08-2014, 08:15 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 16,085,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hello
I always thought that the incidents of Sept. 11 2001 were a bit fishy and if our Gov wasn't involved they allowed it to happen.
Last night I watched a rather compelling documentary called "911 in Plane site" They concentrated on the Pentagon and what they said made sense. In the early photos and video from the site the hole was only approx. 16x14 and there was no wreckage at all? The fire was intense but no where near what we saw at the twin towers It was very odd yet compelling. They also had interviews with eraly responders and witnesses to the twin tower crashes and they said that they heard a series of explosions and the planes that crashed didn't have any windows? Once again very odd.
With what we now know about how far our Gov. will go to cover up a story and how much the media is in their back pockets it is plausible that the Bush administration was involved. If they were it would make everything that Obama has pulled so far seem like a joke.
I wonder if the truth will ever come out? or with time people will not care to hear it.

Your thoughts?
Your confusing me. I thought the general consensus is that the media is in bed with the Dems but your post insinuates that the media was in bed with the Bush administration.

I was never a fan of Bush but I refuse to believe he had anything to do with 911.

Dick Cheney, maybe but not W.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:02 AM
gg

21,637 posts, read 20,585,840 times
I don't think there is any conspiracy regarding this. It was a simple surprise attack that can never be duplicated again, not because our government would stop it, but the people on the plane would. We are wise to the possibilities now. I do feel the plane over my hometown was shot down by the military, but I have no proof and can't sit here and tell people that is what happened. I just feel it was shot down in a remote place to save more people. On the other hand, maybe it wasn't shot down, but I just feel the planners of all this had the element of surprise on their sides.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 AM

6,486 posts, read 7,791,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Were other buildings in history ever intentionally hit by airplanes packed with jet fuel ready for a cross country flight? If so, did those buildings also have burning jet fuel that shot down the elevator shafts, sucking up oxygen, all the way to their lobbies, where flames burst out once the doors opened and burned people all the way on the ground levels? Did those buildings also burn for at least an hour, at high temps at impact zones 80-110 stories in the air no firemen could reach with water to try to douse the flames even a bit, while weakening the interior steel structures? Did those weakening structures also start to give, bending from heat until they broke, when the floors fell on top of one another as each weakened interior column and support finally gave in?
The Empire State building was hit by a B-25 Mitchell bomber during WW2. As we know, the Empire State building did not collapse

Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 AM

42,762 posts, read 47,290,871 times
Our grandchildren will find out just like other secrets came out with our generation of the past.

And during Bush senior's adminitration there was an attack and they said next time we will bring it down.Then the whole Clinton scandal came with trying to impeach him instead of watching what was going on with the terrorists. Then in Bush junior's, bio he knew, something was going to happen but didn't know when?

Let's be honest I'm no Bush fan but he did try to keep us safe.

But op yes there might be a conspiracy, because after this attack both parties were in agreement (for once) to retaliate.

Both sides were more and more proud to be an American. "We Will Not be Intimidated!!!"Bumper stickers everywhere.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:32 AM

12,907 posts, read 11,731,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
The Empire State building was hit by a B-25 Mitchell bomber during WW2. As we know, the Empire State building did not collapse
That was a small plane and the crash did not compromise the building's structure. Not even slightly the same thing, but still an interesting event.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 AM

7,315 posts, read 9,014,375 times
1. I have a video of Larry Silverstein (owner of WTC #7, lessor of WTC #1 & 2) stating that he advised officials To "pull" WTC #7, which had small fires in it. To "pull" means to implode by demolition, which is what happened to WTC #7 around 5 pm on Sept. 11th. Most people don't even know that another WTC building collapsed on that day, late in the afternoon. It wasn't widely covered. Why not?

2. It takes a professional demolition team weeks to wire up a building for explosive demolition, so Larry Silverstein's "decision" was not made that day. WTC #7 had been prepped for some time. Why?

3. No steel skyscraper on fire has EVER collapsed from the fire. They just burn till it goes out. Does not matter how the fire started, nor what fuel was used. Never before, means never before - or since. But here, we have 3 in one day, all within several hundred feet of one another. Hmmmm.

4. The Patriot Act was drawn up and ready to implement well in advance of 9-11, as was the Dept of Homeland Security. This alone was enough to make any thinking individual wonder, why?

When it comes to events like 9-11, I think that "conspiracy theories" are definitely in order for citizens to consider. We all felt much the same way when President Kennedy was assasinated (e.g. that we were not given the whole truth) and that turned out to be true. We likely will never get all the facts about what happened. I feel that it is healthy, and part of the healing process, for people to entertain ideas contrary to the "official" story that was presented.

That said, I would not blindly believe any particular conspiracy theory, any more than I would swallow the official story without consideration. We should take all the facts as we find them, and think it through for ourselves.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:05 AM

31,304 posts, read 29,613,701 times
Any two incidents surrounding an event that can’t be explained is a coincident, any three or more incidents that can’t be explained becomes a conspiracy.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:25 AM

31,304 posts, read 29,613,701 times

9/11 Pentagon Conspiracy by Conspiracy Theory

Old 06-08-2014, 12:01 PM

67,476 posts, read 62,976,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Not to debate one way or another; but here is a 'recap' from an article that ran in the SF newspaper. CNN.com - U.S. warned in 1995 of plot to hijack planes, attack buildings - September 18, 2001
Yes, I do know about this, of course. We were well aware we worked in a terrorist target and received threats regularly, and when we would talk about what the next attempt would be, two people I know said it would be planes, though neither said commercial jets. Both lived to say "Told ya!".

I meant i don't know who, if anyone, knew specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.