U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 12:07 PM

68,019 posts, read 63,419,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I didn't know there was one, but there are old mines all throughout the area and also lots of mine subsidence. Shanksville is an area that I am not familiar with, which is sort of amazing considering all the family I have scattered all over that area nearby.... but none in Shanksville.

I knew about the previous bombing, but never knew that taking down the towers was intended. Since we weren't near New York, this incident was not as intensely scrutinized as it would have been had we been there. My memory of the 93 bomb blast was the bomb was a small device, not nearly as large as it should have been to cause both towers to fall.
The crater left by the 2/26/93 bomb was enormous. Five people, one a woman eight months pregnant, were killed and a thousand were injured. Next to the 16 acres of devastation that was 9/11 it looked small, yes, but I wouldn't consider a 1,336-pound bomb a "small device". I am not an expert on explosives, however. I think of small devices as being like the backpack bombs that the would-be NYC Subway Bomber was making--something that could be carried by a person. The WTC bomb was brought in inside a van to the parking garage.
Rate this post positively

Old 06-08-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
The Empire State building was hit by a B-25 Mitchell bomber during WW2. As we know, the Empire State building did not collapse
Completely different type of building. The exterior of the ESB is limestone, for one thing, not glass and aluminum. And completely different type of plane.

Still a sad event with a number of deaths and one amazing survival of a woman who fell down an ESB elevator shaft when the plane hit and survived.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:07 PM

67 posts, read 60,383 times
Was 9/11 an Inside Job? | Cracked.com

Required reading.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:39 PM

3,354 posts, read 6,187,799 times
Many, many things from that day don't add up. Many witnesses have said they saw a plane coming toward the Pentagon from a different direction from the official account, and others have said they saw the plane pull up and over the building at the last minute, followed by a separate explosion. The hole in the building does not look large enough for a jetliner, plus where were the wings? And why are there no marks on the lawn, where the plane's belly surely would have hit before colliding with the building?

In Shanksville, where were the bodies? Where was all the plane debris?

In NYC, why did witnesses on the ground report hearing explosions beneath the towers? How do two tall buildings pancake straight down into their own footprints without a controlled demolition? Why did WTC7 fall from (allegedly) just a few office fires, when it was never hit by a plane? Why did at least once BBC report say WTC7 had fallen before it actually fell? Why were traces of explosives found in the dust from the collapse of the towers?

And how does the nation with the world's largest military fail to stop these planes from hitting their targets? How does the world's largest surveillance network not figure out this is happening before it happened? There have always been rumors that FDR knew the Japanese were going to bomb Pearl Harbor and did nothing about it to deliberately draw the U.S. into World War II -- did Bush and Cheney similarly know about the 9/11 attacks and do nothing?

I'm not one to seek out conspiracy theories, but the more I've read and seen over the years about 9/11, the more I can't help thinking we aren't being told the whole story.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:47 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,258,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Were other buildings in history ever intentionally hit by airplanes packed with jet fuel ready for a cross country flight? If so, did those buildings also have burning jet fuel that shot down the elevator shafts, sucking up oxygen, all the way to their lobbies, where flames burst out once the doors opened and burned people all the way on the ground levels? Did those buildings also burn for at least an hour, at high temps at impact zones 80-110 stories in the air no firemen could reach with water to try to douse the flames even a bit, while weakening the interior steel structures? Did those weakening structures also start to give, bending from heat until they broke, when the floors fell on top of one another as each weakened interior column and support finally gave in?

9/11 was unprecedented in pretty much every aspect. There has to be a first for everything, doesn't there?

If you watch the South Tower fall (the one that fell first), you'll see its very top tip to one side before it falls vertically. It's almost as if the tipping top crashes straight through every other floor.
You have a point, there is a first for everything and since we're in the Unexplained Mysteries forum let's consider the mystery of how a civilian commercial jet aircraft (flight 175) can have an appendage attached to its fuselage that only military style aircraft of its type have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V38SlquOjvE

I don't care to devolve into a POC type bs session here, I'd simply recommend people read an excellent book, Extreme Prejudice, by Susan Lindauer, an ex CIA asset. Lindauer was arrested March 11, 2004, and locked up in Federal prison in Texas without trial or hearing and "threatened with indefinite detention and forcible drugging to shut her up". She was eventually released Jan 16, 2009 after five years of being under indictment with no conviction or guilty plea.

Why you may ask? Well, as she explains she was a US intelligence asset covering anti-terrorism at the Iraqi Embassy in New York from 1996 until Iraq War 2. More importantly she was an anti war activist in possession of Iraqi pre war intelligence that would expose the myriad lies used to justify the US War in Iraq. She also claims to have given advance warning on 9-11.

"Americans needed to hear the real truth about Iraqi pre war intelligence and the CIAs advance warnings about 9-11. ...the government was so desperate to reinvent the facts so that politicians in Washington could escape their responsibility for having pushed the country into this catastrophic war"

"The fact that the US Justice Department made the accusations and was unable to go into court and complete the case and make a presentation to a jury, should tell you... that I would've conducted my own oversight investigation into Iraqi prewar intelligence right in that courtroom".

For those inquiring about mysteries of Flight 93, you may find this link of interest in trying to put the puzzle pieces of what actually happened together. Its a bit tedious to wade through but highly interesting in an Unexplained Mysteries way.

Plane swap flight 93 - flight maps 9/11

Then there is the mystery of Donald Rumsfeld referring to $2.3 trillion dollars of unaccounted funds at the Pentagon the day before it got hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-F5NKAMdFc

And the mystery of how Hani Hanjour could manage to expertly fly a Boeing 757 into the pentagon?
9-11 Review: Location of Pentagon Strike

The mystery of how official protocol for response to such a situation is not followed??

9-11 Research: NORAD Stand-Down

Rather than going on with the many mysteries surrounding what happened on 9/11, can we all agree on one thing though?

Wars and occupation of vital resource rich geo-political areas around the globe make certain select people extremely wealthy and enable maintenance of global policy and power.

Who are the US military (and contractor$) really working for?? I would contend it's not the welfare of 300 million Americans but rather the concerns of a few. Former USMC General Smedley Butler summed it up well. Here's a brief reenactment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jruQfJkDLRg

Now back to regular programming such as Bigfoot

Old 06-08-2014, 02:56 PM

↑ I can't believe no one can find Bigfoot. I just saw him walking down Grand Street in Soho about an hour ago!

Old 06-08-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
1. I have a video of Larry Silverstein (owner of WTC #7, lessor of WTC #1 & 2) stating that he advised officials To "pull" WTC #7, which had small fires in it. To "pull" means to implode by demolition, which is what happened to WTC #7 around 5 pm on Sept. 11th. Most people don't even know that another WTC building collapsed on that day, late in the afternoon. It wasn't widely covered. Why not?

2. It takes a professional demolition team weeks to wire up a building for explosive demolition, so Larry Silverstein's "decision" was not made that day. WTC #7 had been prepped for some time. Why?

3. No steel skyscraper on fire has EVER collapsed from the fire. They just burn till it goes out. Does not matter how the fire started, nor what fuel was used. Never before, means never before - or since. But here, we have 3 in one day, all within several hundred feet of one another. Hmmmm.

4. The Patriot Act was drawn up and ready to implement well in advance of 9-11, as was the Dept of Homeland Security. This alone was enough to make any thinking individual wonder, why?

When it comes to events like 9-11, I think that "conspiracy theories" are definitely in order for citizens to consider. We all felt much the same way when President Kennedy was assasinated (e.g. that we were not given the whole truth) and that turned out to be true. We likely will never get all the facts about what happened. I feel that it is healthy, and part of the healing process, for people to entertain ideas contrary to the "official" story that was presented.

That said, I would not blindly believe any particular conspiracy theory, any more than I would swallow the official story without consideration. We should take all the facts as we find them, and think it through for ourselves.
I'm not getting into the endless arguments over this mess, but I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Larry Silverstone had no power to decide what FDNY could or could not do, no matter what he may have said. People who were there said the fire was huge and out of control and the decision was made to abandon efforts to save it. Sorry, but I believe engineers and firefighters who were actually present over Internet conspiracy sites.

And your statement about no one knowing about it is curious. Building 7 went down on live television with cameras trained on it for at least an hour that I recall with the news anchors stating that efforts had been abandoned and it was expected to collapse. It was the first thing I saw on TV that day. Literally millions of people saw 7 collapse live.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:24 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,595,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hello
I always thought that the incidents of Sept. 11 2001 were a bit fishy and if our Gov wasn't involved they allowed it to happen.
Last night I watched a rather compelling documentary called "911 in Plane site" They concentrated on the Pentagon and what they said made sense. In the early photos and video from the site the hole was only approx. 16x14 and there was no wreckage at all? The fire was intense but no where near what we saw at the twin towers It was very odd yet compelling. They also had interviews with eraly responders and witnesses to the twin tower crashes and they said that they heard a series of explosions and the planes that crashed didn't have any windows? Once again very odd.
With what we now know about how far our Gov. will go to cover up a story and how much the media is in their back pockets it is plausible that the Bush administration was involved. If they were it would make everything that Obama has pulled so far seem like a joke.
I wonder if the truth will ever come out? or with time people will not care to hear it.

Your thoughts?
The problem I have with conspiracy theories of this magnitude is the shear amount of work in keeping the deeds secret. Governments have a horrible time keeping anything secret this long.

Also, no matter how much I disliked your president Bush and his VP Cheney, I just can't bring myself to believe that they would be so evil as to plan or let an attack happen to their own country. Other countries, ya..in fact they did, but their own?

Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,595,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
↑ I can't believe no one can find Bigfoot. I just saw him walking down Grand Street in Soho about an hour ago!
We call him Sasquatch in my area….if he or she walks by, I'll post photos...

Old 06-08-2014, 03:28 PM

12,907 posts, read 11,788,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The problem I have with conspiracy theories of this magnitude is the shear amount of work in keeping the deeds secret. Governments have a horrible time keeping anything secret this long.

Also, no matter how much I disliked your president Bush and his VP Cheney, I just can't bring myself to believe that they would be so evil as to plan or let an attack happen to their own country. Other countries, ya..in fact they did, but their own?
I know someone who says that if the government can't even create a successfully working website (the new healthcare one), how could its people have all worked together, multiple people and multiple agencies, agencies who often suck at collaborating in the first place, to cover up that 9/11 was an inside job? SO true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.