U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:32 AM

12,907 posts, read 11,731,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Then why did Bill Clinton launch a cruise missile attack on Bin Laden?
When was this? I didn't say they never went after him, I said "until it was too late." The fact is that the US wasn't too concerned with terrorism prior to 9/11. Increasingly so as the years went on, yes, say from 93 to 01 because of the WTC bombing and there were foreign attacks on American embassies and an American ship, but modern anti-terrorism is much different than anti-terrorism pre-9/11. It changed a lot.

Like I said, for a long time the FBI and CIA did not work together or share information. They worked separately on terror when it would have been extremely beneficial for them to share information. Bin Laden was not perceived as a threat for many years.
Rate this post positively

Old 06-10-2014, 12:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 29,613,701 times
They had the intelligences information about this but chose not to react they didn’t think anything could happen. And you’re correct, the FBI & CIA didn’t communicate with each other. Reports of Arabs taking flight training for flying but not landing had been reported a year or more earlier, yet nothing was done with the information.

I still want to know how an aircraft with that large of a wing span could fit into a 18ft hole at the Pentagon. Simply a round 18ft hole with no damage to either side of it where the wings might have hit the building doesn’t make sense. Where are parts of the wings? Also I understand that the engine that was found on the grass outside was not the type of engine for that plane, a totally different manufacture.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 AM

592 posts, read 2,052,230 times
Just wondering if any of you have checked out the 911truth movement. Lots of engineers looking into this stuff.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 AM

67,470 posts, read 62,976,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Those who planned 9/11 were not a bunch of "cave dwelling illiterate Afghanis." Without bin Ladens's money (he comes from a very wealthy family), it probably wouldn't have even been possible and most hijackers were Saudi anyway (a very rich country). A lot of planing went into 9/11. The hijackers who flew the planes even came to the US and attended flight school in Florida... not only do you have to be literate to do that, but you have to have money, either your own or donated.

Our intelligence missed this because we weren't looking for it, simply enough. Only SINCE 9/11 have we as a country become so obsessed with terrorism. The FBI and CIA barely cared about terror threats, or bin Laden himself, until it was too late. They didn't even collaborate on anti-terrorism.
Right. Some of the hijackers went to university together in Germany. They were educated young men.

This is the sort of thing that discredits in people's minds any validity the conspiracy theories may hold. If you have a case, why the need to spread easily-disproven falsified information to bolster your theory? Shouldn't your suspicions be enough to stand on their own without embellishment?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-10-2014 at 10:25 AM..

Old 06-10-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomiles View Post
Just wondering if any of you have checked out the 911truth movement. Lots of engineers looking into this stuff.
Not really. There is a group that calls themselves architects and engineers for 911 truth run by an architect who uses cardboard boxes to prove his collapse theory. He has about 1500 followers, which leads one to question why such a paltry number supposedly in the profession have signed on to his dog-and-pony show in 12 years, given that there are 25,000 members in just the American Society of Civil Engineers alone.

I ran through his list some years ago when it was at around 700. Very few were actually either architects or engineers. The only one with a connection to the WTC was an electrician who had worked on the original construction. Many are students.

I don't think people outside the construction and engineering worlds are aware that in the years following the attacks, whole conferences were held all over the world to analyze and discuss the collapses with an eye toward developing better structural and life-safety designs. Surely if the collapse analysis didn't make sense to these tens of thousands of expert professionals, they too would be speaking out.

And what of all the engineers who worked in the WTC and escaped and lost friends and in some cases family that day? They worked on the cleanup and reviewed the NIST drafts. The weak and laughable response is that they are all keeping silent because they are afraid of losing their jobs. That is ridiculous. Some have retired. Some have moved on to other jobs. All dismiss the controlled demolition idea as ignorant.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM

6,486 posts, read 7,791,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
When was this?

1998. Bin Laden was already a target back then.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
The workings of getting something done in secret when there needs to be so many people involved is compartmentalization. It's a big pyramid and only those on the top level know the truth. Everyone else is just following orders. Orders are often benign in appearance as a standalone order.
Yes, that is how it worked with the building of the atomic bombs dropped on Japan.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:56 PM

14,027 posts, read 20,244,565 times
Why is this in this forum? You know how many 911 conspiracy theories are in the P&C forum? The OP can't simply add to one of the many threads in that forum? You know what happens when P&C posters migrate to the (relatively) normal forums? Trust me you don't want 10 pages of those nuts saying "Bush is Hitler" and "Obama is Stalin".

Unless we are blaming 911 on aliens, ghosts, or bigfoot, you can get this crap out of here.

I never thought I would say that this forum deserves better, since I make fun of it sometimes.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:23 PM

31,304 posts, read 29,613,701 times
^^^ Maybe because it's still a mystery and unexplained ,,,,,, thus in Unexplained Mysteries forum!

Nineteen hijackers from Saudi Arabia and we end up in a 12 year war in Afghanistan,,,,, now that’s a mystery!

The POTUS at the time allowed Arab friends of the family to fly out of Florida and return to their homeland. Now that’s a mystery!

POTUS reads a book to a third grade class while building are coming down in NYC because of terrorists ,,,,, Now that’s a mystery!

Old 06-10-2014, 04:34 PM

13,692 posts, read 16,529,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hello
I always thought that the incidents of Sept. 11 2001 were a bit fishy and if our Gov wasn't involved they allowed it to happen.
Last night I watched a rather compelling documentary called "911 in Plane site" They concentrated on the Pentagon and what they said made sense. In the early photos and video from the site the hole was only approx. 16x14 and there was no wreckage at all? The fire was intense but no where near what we saw at the twin towers It was very odd yet compelling. They also had interviews with eraly responders and witnesses to the twin tower crashes and they said that they heard a series of explosions and the planes that crashed didn't have any windows? Once again very odd.
With what we now know about how far our Gov. will go to cover up a story and how much the media is in their back pockets it is plausible that the Bush administration was involved. If they were it would make everything that Obama has pulled so far seem like a joke.
I wonder if the truth will ever come out? or with time people will not care to hear it.

Your thoughts?
The planes didn't have any windows?

That does not make any sense whatsoever.

It smacks in the face of all decency. There are a lot of kids without parents who died in those jets, and for somebody to diminish the event by stating the jets didn't have windows is lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.