U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 AM

67,863 posts, read 63,311,155 times

Advertisements

Before she was 3, my niece kept telling us that she was in a fire and that her mother used to be her sister. She said that "when me and Mommy were sisters", their house caught fire and an ambulance took them to the hospital. When asked what happened after that, she shrugged and said, "Now we're here." She is 35 now and has no memory of telling us this.

I have no past life memories, but I do have an odd dream occasionally that I am in a small plane coming in for a landing in Johannesburg in South Africa. I have had this dream since I was a small child and remember being surprised to find out that there is a real place called Johannesburg.

Of course it is possible that I heard something that I don't remember and incorporated it into a dream. I thought I might have seen something about it on TV, too, very young, except that the dream is in color and back then, TV was not! I could have colorized it, though!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 11:09 AM

5,521 posts, read 3,964,234 times
I have always felt that I was born 5 years later than I should have been. I believe that I MUST have been born then but of course that meant that I died young-maybe in a car crash because many times I am very nervous in a car.

I'm sure I have had more past lives but I haven't had any clues to them-that I have noticed.

Cat

Old 07-07-2014, 10:40 PM

251 posts, read 256,542 times
I got a past life reading before and most of my past selves fit my personality perfectly. It also explained a lot of why my life is the way it is today. I pretty much have the same personality more or less through out history. The reader doesn't know me personally so there's no way he could have guessed that accurately about my current life and match it up with a past. It explains a lot why I can't stay in one place for long. I'm always moving from apartment to apartment. Now I moved from one state to another and possibly about to leave NV for CA and I just got here 2 months ago.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 AM

9,011 posts, read 8,959,150 times
I'm curious about this....I don't know if I've experienced past lives but to me this subject is fascinating.
Maybe that's why we have certain inclinations in this lifetime...certain things we avoid,
or even places that we are drawn to, etc.
I have the tendency to toy w/ these notions....
I've met people who actually went through past life regression-
the stories are really cool.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:34 AM

2,008 posts, read 6,326,979 times
I had this done in the very early 1980's. I was given a tape of the session where I described three places of injury during three different times of my death. I have these very pronounced scars in odd places on my body where these were supposed to have happened. It was me describing my last minutes without the fishing questions like some of the physics of today use in the session. In fact the questions were like" How old are you? When was this time? Describe you death." Not the machine gun vague ones like we see on TV today.
OH! I forgot to add, I was not a Prince,famous artist or king of anything....

Old 07-12-2014, 07:23 PM

3,680 posts, read 6,832,738 times
I'm not sure, I often wonder.. I'm Atheist so in a sense it goes against my belief we are here and just die and that's it but I'm not afraid to admit I do not know anything for certain.

Since being a small child I've had an obsession with first anywhere from 1950's to around early 70's. Even in kindergarten I listened The Supremes, The Temptations etc etc (this was the mid 80's). I often felt I had lived in that Era at one point. My grandfather once brought all his friends over with a guitar and tried to see how many songs I knew going back to the 40's even. I was 12 and they left stunned that I could recall the words to every song they played. In middle school I became completely engrossed in that era even dressing up in poodle skirts every Halloween.
Around high school completely engrossed in late Victorian and early Edwardian Era (late 1800's to around 1918's I also had a fascination with it before that.).. I started collecting Edwardian and Victorian cookbooks and had "feelings" of the Era. I would suddenly smell something and recall, almost as a vivid picture in my head, sitting in a rocking chair in Edwardian Era clothing looking out a window. I always felt the draw to New England, as if that's where I could have been. To this day I still collect primarily Edwardian cookbooks now and still have strong feelings of flashback like episodes if I hear or see or smell something that almost jogs a past memory. Its all very bizarre.

Some of my books I started collecting young

This one I had a particular connection to.. Its a piece of an ad asking for people to submit their approval or opposition to the implement of daylight savings time, via telegraph. I would assume this would be perhaps between 1917 to very early 1918.. Daylights savings was established in March of 1918. All the little ads were hidden in various books I had acquired over the years, all from the New England area oddly enough, even when the books were bough on E bay and didn't come from there.

and add for ladies corsets

and lastly these random ads.

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 07-12-2014 at 07:40 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 08:56 AM

810 posts, read 560,314 times
We are ALL recycled souls and have lived and will live again. This should not come as a shock to those who aspire to gain knowledge with an open mind. I am fascinated by old churches and even though I do not believe in god as in part of an organized religion, I believe in supreme consciousness that we are all part of.

It is hard to not accept what we are , where we come from and where we are heading.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:14 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,391,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I hear people say occasionally that they have had a past life. It sounds like eastern philosophy to me. But I never had it explained what the deeper meaning is. I assume something to do with their life force continuing after they die.
Yes, I believe I lived before. I believe this explains why I am drawn to certain cultures and times in history. I believe my partner and I knew each other before, in other lives. I felt this way the second I saw him, from a distance in another city. By sheer chance (???) I met him one month to the day later, in another place entirely and under entirely different circumstances. That was 20 years ago. Coincidence? I don't think so. Then, so many odd feelings and recollections and interests made lots of sense.

Each person is free to believe in what they wish. I believe that we are reincarnated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal