U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 10:53 AM

19,319 posts, read 22,998,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Well if they are having to come here from the future for what we have now it means our future is pretty bleak. It can't be for the movies, I can get movies from the 1930's online now, and as for our music, that's been going downhill for a long time, but you can get old music same as old movies online, so it can't be that. Burritos, maybe, but if our future society can't make a decent burrito I don't want to be around to see it.
Precisely my point. Things are getting worse. 500 years from now, when such time travel technology might be possible, things must therefore be really bad. We've gone from the Ramones to Justin Bieber in just 30 years. Can you imagine the horror of 2514?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
As for the light years thing, we can't go there with our primitive chemical rockets in any realistic timeframe, but unless we know everything about physics, which some assume we do, there may well be methods of traveling such distances we don 't yet know about, or which most choose to dismiss out of hand. There was a time when it was universally accepted that a heavier than air craft could never fly.
All that is entirely possible. Sure. But until we have hard evidence, it's just speculation. It's possible, but not probable.

People used to think all those dinosaur fossils were the bones of giants and griffins. It was decent speculation, given the facts they had at the time. But it turned out not to be true, because they didn't have all the facts. I suspect the same will prove true about "alien visitors."
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 11:25 AM

7,151 posts, read 3,574,234 times
Ezekiel encountered something interesting back in his day. He called it a fiery chariot, according to the English translations. He described actually being taken aboard this thing and transported somewhere and being given instructions by the occupants. Look up Spaceships of Ezekiel. He wasn't the only one either. Was there an advanced civilization around at that time? If so then where are the traces of it? Unless he was actually eating mushrooms or something which somehow doesn't make sense. I had a dream once in which an alien spacecraft hovered over me. It seemed pretty real too while I was still dreaming but my dream was 'inspired' by all the UFO talk and it was a dream. What others are describing are not dreams which makes it rather curious.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:44 AM

14,147 posts, read 20,385,743 times
What I don't understand, for you guys here that prescribe to the supernatural to explain events, is when you run into a strange event, how do you know what phenomena it belongs to. Some one here's bumps in the night, it could be:

-Ghosts
-Aliens
-Interdemensional beings
-time travelers from a future earth
-Demons
-your local neighborhood medium doing some mind stuff
-your own "undiscovered supernatural powers"
-Bigfoot
-Or of course it could be...*gasp, unheard of*...that you simply knocked over the alarm clock in your sleep.

So for all of you that believe in ghosts for instance, you could have it all totally wrong. That dust speck that you took a picture of and think is a ghost - could just be aliens f*cking with your head.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 AM

5,791 posts, read 10,691,591 times
Read this about the Roswell incident and draw your own conclusions. There very well may have been proof, a flying object, alien bodies -- but there was a massive cover-up:

Roswell UFO incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We'll never know.

But my gosh, so much anecdotal evidence over so many years. Thats a mighty bunch of weather balloons, yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal