U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:12 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,689,797 times

Advertisements

Yes and I did some reading on it. When I was younger, it happened frequently. I noticed that while it is occurring, your body is somehow paralyzed and you cannot change what is happening. Here is what is going on: Your brain is receiving the signals of events and conversation but is unable to process it - it only hears/sees it. So, it runs all that info thru again (which is the De ja vu thing) and then you are able to process it. So.... to you it feels like I've been here, heard this, done this previously. But that is only the case in your brain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 10:11 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,108,653 times
I've had it happen many times. Not so much lately, though. In any event, I never stopped to try to figure it out. I do believe it's real though, and not just some mental abberation.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 AM

735 posts, read 821,342 times
Many times.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:47 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,344,489 times
I experience deja vu. I can be doing something or talking with someone and I get the feeling that "I've done or had this conversation before."

Just last Thursday, my husband and I were at a restaurant in Lawton, Oklahoma. We were talking with our waiter about a certain subject, and the feeling came over me that I had been in this same situation talking about the same subject with this person. It couldn't have happened before as the waiter was a new employee and had just started his job that morning.

It's a strange eerie feeling, but I seem to experience deja vu every month or so.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 PM

251 posts, read 256,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I think it would be interesting to have it happen, but it never has. I once mentioned to others that it hadn't happened and someone said, "Maybe it has and you didn't know that's what it was."

Maybe I'm mistaken but how could that be? If it happened the way déjà vu happens, surely I would recognize it.
I experience it quite a lot. Sometimes twice in one day. It all depends on where I'm at or what I did and it ranges from seconds, minutes or hours after I left the area or done whatever it is, then I'll experience it full force. It happened to me in a certain area here in Vegas. It felt like I been there before.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,283,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Yes and I did some reading on it. When I was younger, it happened frequently. I noticed that while it is occurring, your body is somehow paralyzed and you cannot change what is happening. Here is what is going on: Your brain is receiving the signals of events and conversation but is unable to process it - it only hears/sees it. So, it runs all that info thru again (which is the De ja vu thing) and then you are able to process it. So.... to you it feels like I've been here, heard this, done this previously. But that is only the case in your brain.

I've had it as well, and this makes more sense to me than anything I've ever read/heard before. Thank you!

Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM

2,701 posts, read 4,217,329 times
De ja vu happens when the Matrix construct has a problem and is trying to reset itself.. So don't worry it's not real...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal