U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 3,064,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
When I mentioned abnormalities, it wasn't to mean that it affects just one thing. Abnormalities, depending on what it is, can potentially affect a lot of things, including strange behaviors as well as deformed bones and skull. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to abnormalities. That doesn't mean they're unhuman. It just means they have a congenital condition that causes deformity and other problems. For example, Joseph Merrick (the Elephant Man) had an extremely severe deformity of the bones, so he certainly didn't look like the average person on the street, but he was still very much human.

I tried to get in here before, I hope some people take a look at this post because it can save a lot of unnecessary angst and speculation.

There is nothing archaic human about the shapes of their skulls and bones, or DNA. They had a scientist come in, look a the skulls, and successfully DNA test them on Natgeo. All of this business about archaic human traits is just wishful thinking by people who can't let go a good mystery.

You got it exactly right, and I am pretty damn sure that the condition is gigantism, as evidenced by their large size and Zana's prognathous jaw. Kwit is almost the spiting image of giant-turned-boxer Nikolai Valuev.

I suppose I shouldn't get upset over this, but there is something so sad in this story. A part of me wishes they could just rest in peace.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 12:34 AM

5,460 posts, read 8,632,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I tried to get in here before, I hope some people take a look at this post because it can save a lot of unnecessary angst and speculation.

There is nothing archaic human about the shapes of their skulls and bones, or DNA. They had a scientist come in, look a the skulls, and successfully DNA test them on Natgeo. All of this business about archaic human traits is just wishful thinking by people who can't let go a good mystery.

You got it exactly right, and I am pretty damn sure that the condition is gigantism, as evidenced by their large size and Zana's prognathous jaw. Kwit is almost the spiting image of giant-turned-boxer Nikolai Valuev.

I suppose I shouldn't get upset over this, but there is something so sad in this story. A part of me wishes they could just rest in peace.
Regarding Zana, from what I understand, her bone's have apparently never been found, so there's no way of telling exactly what her jaw looked like regardless of Khwit's jaw. All I've seen in the way of pictures of Zana is an unrealistic pencil drawing more in line with creating a sensational depiction for an article.

"Despite repeated attempts by Russian archaeologists and others, Zana’s bones have never been found in spite of the fact she was allegedly buried in the family graveyard near Khwit."
The Story of Zana, Abnauayu | Obiwan's UFO-Free Cryptozoology Page

I think you summed it up pretty well. Some folks enjoy a mystery and the thrill of the hunt, especially when a notion has been raised to somehow connect her as being some kind of Bigfoot or some other form of human that has survived since the Stone Age.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,239,755 times
I'd hate to break your bubble but the hairy thing in the pictures looks exactly like my uncle. And he is very much human, at least we always were under the impression he is human. So, this has nothing to do with the real Bigfoot.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 AM

4,176 posts, read 3,064,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Regarding Zana, from what I understand, her bone's have apparently never been found, so there's no way of telling exactly what her jaw looked like regardless of Khwit's jaw. All I've seen in the way of pictures of Zana is an unrealistic pencil drawing more in line with creating a sensational depiction for an article.

"Despite repeated attempts by Russian archaeologists and others, Zana’s bones have never been found in spite of the fact she was allegedly buried in the family graveyard near Khwit."
The Story of Zana, Abnauayu | Obiwan's UFO-Free Cryptozoology Page

I think you summed it up pretty well. Some folks enjoy a mystery and the thrill of the hunt, especially when a notion has been raised to somehow connect her as being some kind of Bigfoot or some other form of human that has survived since the Stone Age.

Jump to 40:43.

They suggested cretinism and hypertrycosis. I am sticking with gigantism.

Is It Real - Russian Bigfoot - YouTube

Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM

5,460 posts, read 8,632,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
They suggested cretinism and hypertrycosis. I am sticking with gigantism.
I agree that gigantism is a more reasonable possibility. A lot of descriptions about Zana have been made regarding her height, but without skeletal remains it's hard to guess how tall she may have been. I can't remember off hand, but I saw a reference somewhere that Khwit's height was thought to be around 7-foot or so. His height may or may not have had anything to do with his mother's height. It's not unusual for people afflicted with gigantism to be from a family with parents and siblings of average height. That doesn't mean that Zana wasn't tall, but again, without any skeletal remains, there's no way to know.

I Googled the area where Zana is said to have been located. It's pretty remote and sparse in terms of location and population at the present time (see link below). Imagine how it was in the mid-1800s with locals having little more to do socially than to exchange tall tales and legends. I also found that the word used in the local area is the word for "black", not necessarily someone covered with hair. As tales are verbally passed along over time, the story could well have changed to suggest that she had reddish-black hair. The idea of relating to her as a possible Bigfoot, is sheer imaginary speculation, especially considering there's never been any hard convincing evidence of a Bigfoot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tk...1ae55fc4a2d2a5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal