Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:39 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,549,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
I think since the son's DNA is 100% human that he is .... human.
Ancient human can/were still human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 08:17 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,600,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
I think it's just a possibility. What do you think?
I think a genetic abnormality would more likely be the case, as opposed to a human mating with Bigfoot or a different species of human that has somehow survived. Would it be reasonable to think it possible that the late wrestler Andre the Giant may have been the offspring of a human and Bigfoot? He had some unusual features. The thing is that abnormalities can and do happen to the children of completely normal human parents. I would also wonder if Zana or some of the men she had passionate encounters with might have been the product of incest and passed certain abnormal traits along to her offspring.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I think a genetic abnormality would more likely be the case, as opposed to a human mating with Bigfoot or a different species of human that has somehow survived. Would it be reasonable to think it possible that the late wrestler Andre the Giant may have been the offspring of a human and Bigfoot? He had some unusual features. The thing is that abnormalities can and do happen to the children of completely normal human parents. I would also wonder if Zana or some of the men she had passionate encounters with might have been the product of incest and passed certain abnormal traits along to her offspring.
It's not just one thing about them. It's abnormality of the bones/skull coupled with strange behaviors that are very un-modern-human.

Last edited by Quaker15; 07-20-2014 at 09:05 PM..

Old 07-21-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
It's not just one thing about them. It's abnormality of the bones/skull coupled with strange behaviors that are very un-modern-human.
When I mentioned abnormalities, it wasn't to mean that it affects just one thing. Abnormalities, depending on what it is, can potentially affect a lot of things, including strange behaviors as well as deformed bones and skull. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to abnormalities. That doesn't mean they're unhuman. It just means they have a congenital condition that causes deformity and other problems. For example, Joseph Merrick (the Elephant Man) had an extremely severe deformity of the bones, so he certainly didn't look like the average person on the street, but he was still very much human.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
When I mentioned abnormalities, it wasn't to mean that it affects just one thing. Abnormalities, depending on what it is, can potentially affect a lot of things, including strange behaviors as well as deformed bones and skull. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to abnormalities. That doesn't mean they're unhuman. It just means they have a congenital condition that causes deformity and other problems. For example, Joseph Merrick (the Elephant Man) had an extremely severe deformity of the bones, so he certainly didn't look like the average person on the street, but he was still very much human.
But these abnormalities don't usually pass from parents to child, especially when one of the parents is normal.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
But these abnormalities don't usually pass from parents to child, especially when one of the parents is normal.
You're quite right. Sometimes it can just be a freak unfortunate occurrence. But sometimes genetic problems can be passed from parent(s) to child which can result in abnormalities. Unless I'm mistaken, there was some question about Zana. So who is suspected to have been related to or fathered by Bigfoot or other type of hominid? Zana? Or Khwit?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
You're quite right. Sometimes it can just be a freak unfortunate occurrence. But sometimes genetic problems can be passed from parent(s) to child which can result in abnormalities. Unless I'm mistaken, there was some question about Zana. So who is suspected to have been related to or fathered by Bigfoot or other type of hominid? Zana? Or Khwit?
The theory was that Zana is something (bigfoot, etc.) and Khwit is half human half something.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
The theory was that Zana is something (bigfoot, etc.) and Khwit is half human half something.
Thanks Q. I don't know, but the whole Bigfoot angle sounds too sketchy based on a woman said to have been captured in the Caucasus region described as unusual looking. From some of the links you've posted, including the first post, apparently it's been determined that Zana was 100% Sub-Saharan African. There's a claim about "reliable eyewitnesses", but who knows who they are? Even if she was covered with hair, that doesn't make her something like Bigfoot, etc. She may well have been an unusual sight by people in the Caucasus region, but considering the time period (1800s), it shouldn't be surprising that locals would speculate all sorts of things about her. Evidently, she had four children from local men. In any case, having excess body hair is not a condition that's unheard of. Danny Ramos Gomez is a good example.

Danny Ramos Gomez: 'Wolfman' with rare condition says he would not change it | Mail Online

Old 07-21-2014, 10:30 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,191,416 times
I read about this a long time ago, then also saw a show about it maybe in the last year. The show had updated information and was trying disprove the old theories. I think they dug up one of her son's bodies to test the dna? I can't remember the details, but there should be some updated dna info out there now; the show talked about it.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 PM

10,906 posts, read 5,881,951 times
Hairy bodies is a rather un su-Saharan African thing. The sketches of her show relatively straight hair, also very un sub-Saharan African. It's us Europeans who had hairy ancestors and straightish hair. That cast some doubt on the accuracy of the sketches if she was indeed sub-Saharan African. But who can predict how a genetic throwback would turn out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal