U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 09:16 AM

15,511 posts, read 14,588,305 times

Advertisements

There are several not far from me. Although I don't know of any local people that think they are haunted, tourists seem to be convinced they are.

For a listing of the better known "Haunted Places" in ND see HERE

However, I have yet to meet any local people that even knew the places are allegedly haunted.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 09:58 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,136,150 times
Avenel Plantation House in Bedford, Virginia is about 5 minutes away from where I live. I used to work at a place two streets over which would have put it on the grounds of the original plantation. I had very odd things occur there and many co-workers felt it was haunted, as were many spots in Bedford.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:26 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
34,062 posts, read 61,944,958 times
None that I know of in our city or within about 25 miles, but in Seattle there are many, and also across the water at Port Townsend, and north in Sedro-Wooley (Western State Hospital). Our first experience was at the Palace Hotel in Port Townsend, but there are better known locations there.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,683,194 times
Here is a website with video and audio for noteworthy haunted locations near Las Cruces, NM:

Home

Old 08-03-2014, 04:58 PM

735 posts, read 817,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I do not believe in the paranormal, but have investigated many local spots. Some of the most well known are:

Winchester House, San Jose
Alcatraz, SF
Toys'R'Us Sunnyvale
Jack London Park (can't remember exact city)
Black Diamond Mines, Anitoch
Mount Diablo, Antioch
Golden Gate Bridge, SF
Bay Bridge, SF
Presidio, SF
Golden Gate Park, SF

A days drive away:
Disneyland, Orange County
Carson City, NV

There are probably dozens of lesser ones that I can't think of at the minute.

Never seen anything paranormal, but I have come up with some good debunkings.
There's also the USS Hornet in Alameda; and the Presidio, Fort Point, Queen Anne Hotel in San Francisco.

There are more not-so-well known spots here in SF, such as a children's hospital at UCSF and a bathroom at a Catholic parochial school (I forgot which one).

My house has a few friendly ghosts, and a friend's house has a violent, malevolent ghost (I witnessed one of the attacks).

There are a lot of spots here in SF where I've had & have experiences with ghosts because for some reason I tend to attract & stir up ghost activity (as well as communicate with them except they do most of the talking when they choose to talk).

Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 AM

11,978 posts, read 11,248,688 times
The Baleroy Mansion is down the street from where I grew up in Philadelphia; it is supposedly one of the most haunted places in The US with a "death chair" that was once owned by Napoleon. The owner banned people from sitting in it years ago LOL. I always thought it was the scariest home perched up on the hill like that but I never knew it's history until fairly recently.

Baleroy Mansion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chestnut Hill's Baleroy Mansion's Many Ghost Stories - Around Town - Chestnut Hill-mt. Airy , Pennsylvania | Patch

"In the infamous blue room of the mansion, a 200 year-old blue chair known as the chair of death is said to be cursed. It has been said that when someone sits in it, the person dies. About 4 people have died and Easby then banned people from sitting in the chair. The chair was said to be owned by Napoleon."

Old 08-06-2014, 09:53 AM

8,274 posts, read 23,316,926 times
I live in Maryland....so plenty There is an asylum just outside of DC that is supposedly haunted. There are active duty police officers that patrol the property (they operate from a trailer located on the property) so I have yet to check it out. Considering the amount of asbestos in the old buildings, I probably never will. The place was, I believe, featured on one of those ghost hunters shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I do not believe in the paranormal, but have investigated many local spots. Some of the most well known are:

Winchester House, San Jose
Alcatraz, SF
Toys'R'Us Sunnyvale
Jack London Park (can't remember exact city)
Black Diamond Mines, Anitoch
Mount Diablo, Antioch
Golden Gate Bridge, SF
Bay Bridge, SF
Presidio, SF
Golden Gate Park, SF

A days drive away:
Disneyland, Orange County
Carson City, NV

There are probably dozens of lesser ones that I can't think of at the minute.

Never seen anything paranormal, but I have come up with some good debunkings.
I am from Nor Cal. Outside of the Winchester House (which is really cool, but most def not creepy), I haven't heard of the other locations as being haunted.

I was on the Bay Bridge less than 24 hours before the earthquake, so that is kind of creepy, I suppose.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:56 AM

8,274 posts, read 23,316,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are several not far from me. Although I don't know of any local people that think they are haunted, tourists seem to be convinced they are.

For a listing of the better known "Haunted Places" in ND see HERE

However, I have yet to meet any local people that even knew the places are allegedly haunted.
I have a good number of friends from Minot, no ghost stories that I know of. North Dakota does have a rather large population of ghost towns, though.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:41 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,324,672 times
The Queen Mary in Long Beach - have stayed there several times and did have one explainable experience.

The Glen Tavern Inn in Santa Paula - about an hour from here. I've been there - they took me up to the most haunted room. Definitely something there.

Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood

Many others in the Los Angeles area.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:11 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,320,894 times
I've seen the Queen Mary on many of my cruises that I go to. Nice looking ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal