Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,349,168 times

Advertisements

Keep it nice here folks. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,447,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
I used to read the horoscopes, still do occasionally, then I worked with a spiritual astrologer and found some things to be right on.
Lately, when I read my horoscopes, they're right on.

Hoax or facts?
A total hoax, but with entertainment aspects.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:32 AM

16,889 posts, read 16,010,571 times
Those that have astronomical knowledge can see how silly astrology is.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,265,745 times
Yes, totally. I have used it off and on for years and while it is not end all be all, and certainly does not foretell any type of doomsday thing, it has helped me understand the meaning of my cycles, why things are "happening", which has caused me over the years to adjust my attitude accordingly. OK not really! I was being facetiouis when I recommended Destiny Cards. That book more than anything else showed me how life does have a fated quality, but that type of thing isn't for everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
catrinac.....Many years ago I bought a big thick book on the relationship between the 52 cards and birthdays. I still remember my card because it is the King Of Hearts. ( I'm an avid collector of heart shaped rocks. We have heart rocks all over our property...indoors and out! ). The name Robert Camp seems vaguely familiar, so I'm thinking he may have been the author of that book. I remember that the book had a gold cover, and it described a process for doing a card layout for any year of a persons life. Most of the personality interpretations in the book seeemd to fit, but not everything. This is an interesting system indeed. I still have the book tucked away somewhere. Probably hidden in a box out in the garage ( we moved 3 year ago, but still haven't unpacked the non-essentials ). I love this kind of stuff!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,937,252 times
rainroosty wrote:
Those that have astronomical knowledge can see how silly astrology is

Astronomy is NOT astrology. They are two differnet studies. Forming an opinion about astrology based on astronomy is equally silly. Unless a person has had at least one professional astrology consultation and found it to be totally off the mark, saying that astrology is silly, or that it is a hoax is based on prejudice and hearsay, but not on any kind of personal KNOWING.

catrinac wrote:
That book more than anything else showed me how life does have a fated quality, but that type of thing isn't for everyone!
The hit or miss quality of astrology, tarot, destiny cards, the I Ching, etc is one thing that keeps me from taking any of it too seriously, yet they all have value and I hesitate to throw out the baby with the bathwater. They are all good tools for providing insight when facing a difficult decision, but certainly not the final answer taken alone. When I'm really in the flow of life, answers come from randomly opening a book and reading a random paragraph, or walking down the street and catching a sliver of conversation from passerbys on the street. I know that a higher guidance is alwasy available to me, but all too often I'm not tuned in, so I revert to lower level guidance like astrology, destiny cards, etc. At the very least, those things often help me to become tuned in again, and rise above the temporary reliance upon them.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 11-08-2009 at 10:36 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,408,771 times
HowStuffWorks "September 11 Birthday Astrology"

not much truth in this one

A bit better--

http://www.cafeastrology.com/birthda...er11_2010.html

I look forward to this---it will be the greatest year of my life-it seems like I have done a good bit of work to bring about these exceptional possibilities. I know I am tired--not exactly content--not going out to attract love. I suppose one day my soulmate will just appear at my door--hope this happens on a magical day when there hasn't been a major crisis and I have chosen to do my hair. lol--in my 'hood we go with--nose to grindstone, life is not fair--things like that. That approach never really worked well for me--I am in a prime place for something random to occur--we shall see. I do need to do something with my hair--the planet of hair must hate me--I am almost certain my hairstylist does. lol

2011 will be a Number Six year for you. Ruled by Venus. This is a year of relative contentment. It is a time when love is the easiest to attract, and partnerships formed under this vibration have a better chance for longevity. You are able to attract others, and material things as well, this year. This is a good year for establishing harmony in the family and in the home. Advice - develop existing relationships, be positive and receptive because these kinds of energies help you to attract what you desire.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-04-2011 at 03:47 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM

178 posts, read 183,092 times
Based on Astronomy, the signs aren't even in their rightful place (Taurus is not in the location where Taurus is proclaimed to be in Horoscopes) - so how can they actually have any truth?

But even if they were, how can one paragraph apply to millions of people born during that that specific period? Geez, the few times I have read them they were so vague and all encompassing they could have applied to anyone and their message could be interpreted any which way.

I don't find them entertaining, either, I might as well read the dictionary.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,636,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejoicer View Post
Based on Astronomy, the signs aren't even in their rightful place (Taurus is not in the location where Taurus is proclaimed to be in Horoscopes) - so how can they actually have any truth?

But even if they were, how can one paragraph apply to millions of people born during that that specific period? Geez, the few times I have read them they were so vague and all encompassing they could have applied to anyone and their message could be interpreted any which way.

I don't find them entertaining, either, I might as well read the dictionary.
Based on astronomical calculations- and astrological ones. Astrologers are aware- in fact it was an astrologer that rediscovered the processions (signs not being where they are) that the ancients had already known about. And that is all factored in.

One paragraph does not apply to millions of people. Newspaper horoscopes are garbage.
That we are just a Aries or just a Virgo is the biggest misunderstanding there is with astrology. Each sign, as a sign only, has specific positive and negative (desirable & undesirable) traits as well as more mundane and physical/material associations.
Put the Sun in sign X and it is the ego that takes on these traits, put to moon in sign B and it's the need, put Venus in sign Y and it expresses where pleasure is found and what is seen a beautiful.
So here we see that we are not JUST our sun signs. That is just a small part of the whole picture.
This is why newspaper horoscopes are garbage. The woman who writes the horoscope for our local paper is a complete joke- she talks about today's placement of the moon and always mentions spending or not spending money. The moon has no direct association to money what so ever.
A real horoscope that looks at all the stellar placements is much, much more than a single paragraph and becomes much more refined and accurate.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 PM

I read the strangest Virgo horoscope. there is some truth but it is too complicated

-not Mercury--ruling planet
--used to be Vulcan

---other planets, such as Pluto, that no longer exist or have recently been discovered--i can see why the ancients stared into the heavens----that is all they could do--finally Galileo found a way to see more clearly

I have some grasp of Greek/Roman mythology--and other mythological beliefs.

'The Virgin' earth/wheat-harvest--strong, unless things go wrong--for whatever reasons. Independent thinker---practical. So on. Which does not mean what the name would seemingly imply--either talk about it correctly or don't talk about it at all.

ie---
'A male Virgo----perfectionistic, critical--many scientists are like that, healing professions, professors---critical thinkers---not tyrants'

there is truth--if you know how to find it--so sayeth this Virgo

Old 05-10-2011, 05:30 PM

moon--in a planet that is really messed up i know that for a fact. worst possible planet--i won't bother to find out. i suppose it makes me care about those that are incredibly selfish and uncaring. bad planet--

ETA: it must be Lilith--black moon.??? capricorn--it didn't ask AM or PM--i heard that was important--not too sure i am capricorn--might be. not that much fun--the people of capricorn--so that is probably just my luck.

lol--Lauren Bacall and Queen Elizabeth---that works for me--those 2 chicks --my oh my.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-10-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal