U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,261 posts, read 20,358,720 times
Reputation: 19593

Advertisements

I had an experience a few years ago that I wouldn't necessarily call a haunting. It happened once or twice then disappeared/did not recur.

Is there such a thing as wandering spirits? Do spirits roam the earth unattached to a specific area/structure?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2014, 11:47 PM
 
1,728 posts, read 1,467,578 times
Reputation: 1081
What was your experience?
Personally I have no idea if there are wandering spirits, but I have heard there are. I have heard that sometimes troubled spirits who can not accept the fact they died or think they have some unfinished stuff here on earth become wandering spirits. I am not sure how true this is. I do find stuff like this very fascinating, and I love to read stories from people who have experienced stuff like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2014, 12:44 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,922 posts, read 8,626,636 times
Reputation: 8685
I can't define this as a "wandering spirit", but more a spirit in limbo.
Shortly after my partner died, a friend got me interested in the afterlife, and through that, I became involved in evp.
My very first contact, and encounter was with a woman who was obviously lost.
She kept asking for help, and was persistent in her pleas.
Later after that recording session, I contacted an associate in the field of esp.
Her name was Sarah Estep.
She was one of the early pioneers in evp.
She is the person that got me involved in it.
I use the past tense because she is now deceased also.
I asked her about this woman that I had recorded, and she stated that many spirits, for whatever reason sometimes remain in limbo.
She was not where spirits gather after releasing them selves from their human bondage, and she was not back on this plain.
She knew not the ways to get into the realm of spirits, and desperately wanted to return to the earth plain.
I never heard from that spirit again, and I can only hope other spirit saw her plight, and helped her to where she needed to be.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2014, 11:37 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,261 posts, read 20,358,720 times
Reputation: 19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
What was your experience?
Personally I have no idea if there are wandering spirits, but I have heard there are. I have heard that sometimes troubled spirits who can not accept the fact they died or think they have some unfinished stuff here on earth become wandering spirits. I am not sure how true this is. I do find stuff like this very fascinating, and I love to read stories from people who have experienced stuff like this.
My experience happened a few years ago. I had been living in my condo for about a year without experiencing any type of activity. It was in the late autumn/early winter because I had placed a second blanket on my bed. So for several nights in a row, in the middle of the night, I could feel someone(thing) tapping me on the back of the legs (on my calves) with like open palms. Then it escalated a little more a few nights later. In the middle of the night the tapping turned into paddling on the back of my calves and thighs. Half awake I yelled, "Stop it", really loud. I turned and sat up in bed and saw nothing/no one. But I know that I wasn't dreaming. After yelling at whatever it was the experience never happened again.

So it made me wonder if whatever that was happened to be a wandering spirit that moved on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2014, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,913 posts, read 2,083,993 times
Reputation: 9626
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I had an experience a few years ago that I wouldn't necessarily call a haunting. It happened once or twice then disappeared/did not recur.

Is there such a thing as wandering spirits? Do spirits roam the earth unattached to a specific area/structure?
Yes, they can wander aimlessly or have a territory that they cover fairly consistently.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM
 
1,728 posts, read 1,467,578 times
Reputation: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
My experience happened a few years ago. I had been living in my condo for about a year without experiencing any type of activity. It was in the late autumn/early winter because I had placed a second blanket on my bed. So for several nights in a row, in the middle of the night, I could feel someone(thing) tapping me on the back of the legs (on my calves) with like open palms. Then it escalated a little more a few nights later. In the middle of the night the tapping turned into paddling on the back of my calves and thighs. Half awake I yelled, "Stop it", really loud. I turned and sat up in bed and saw nothing/no one. But I know that I wasn't dreaming. After yelling at whatever it was the experience never happened again.

So it made me wonder if whatever that was happened to be a wandering spirit that moved on.
I would have been so scared. I'm glad whatever/whoever it was left you alone, and I wonder why they would do this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2014, 10:45 PM
 
19,284 posts, read 25,793,806 times
Reputation: 37379
I live "out in the country" in maine - about 8-10 yrs ago my son and I loved to get on our roof at night- with these super-lights (flashlights) we charged them,,,got up on the roof, and aimed them in the field across the street- 90% of the time,,,we would see deer, sometimes up to 12-15 of them feeding in the field.. they wouldn't get spooked by the light- they would just carry on feeding -their eyes would glow bright,,
even if we saw a raccoon,,,their eyes would be bright...

about the fourth night of doing this, something spooked the deer- they scattered- ran into the woods, so we are zooming the lights around the field looking for coyotes, maybe even a bear,
then we see the weirdest thing- 3 to 4 figures come out of the woods,men wearing overalls,and two women
holding something,,, then the men start digging a hole, shoveling, I could hear the noises, but these people just seemed to have outlines and no faces,,,we did not see any eyes at all- my son started to freak,,,i hushed him, and said they are sending us a harmless message we must see it out- so the men dig a couple holes and they grab something from the women figures and put it in the holes - im whispering to my son,,,,its probly babies/toddlers that passed for whatever reason
once the babies were in the holes they shoveled the dirt on them and went back in the woods

the next day - we took our atv's over to the field just to look- no grass/dirt had been disturbed where they were digging the night before,,,but, their were boot prints heading into the woods from the field ...freaky!!!!




we stopped flashing the fields after that
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,261 posts, read 20,358,720 times
Reputation: 19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Yes, they can wander aimlessly or have a territory that they cover fairly consistently.
Thanks. I have tried looking for info on wandering spirits but haven't found any as of yet. I wanted to know if my experience was common or if there was a name for the phenomenon that I experienced.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I would have been so scared. I'm glad whatever/whoever it was left you alone, and I wonder why they would do this.
What's weird is that I was more annoyed than scared....and I am a very "afraid of the dark" type person. A part of me believes that the reason "it" left me alone was because I yelled at it on that night when it started paddling the back of my legs and thighs. It hasn't happened since then and I am very glad that whatever it was left or wandered away.

I would like more info on wandering spirits if anyone has an understanding of what they do and why. Do they simple roam the earth? Is it regional?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 AM
 
16,434 posts, read 20,177,988 times
Reputation: 9565
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I live "out in the country" in maine - about 8-10 yrs ago my son and I loved to get on our roof at night- with these super-lights (flashlights) we charged them,,,got up on the roof, and aimed them in the field across the street- 90% of the time,,,we would see deer, sometimes up to 12-15 of them feeding in the field.. they wouldn't get spooked by the light- they would just carry on feeding -their eyes would glow bright,,
even if we saw a raccoon,,,their eyes would be bright...

about the fourth night of doing this, something spooked the deer- they scattered- ran into the woods, so we are zooming the lights around the field looking for coyotes, maybe even a bear,
then we see the weirdest thing- 3 to 4 figures come out of the woods,men wearing overalls,and two women
holding something,,, then the men start digging a hole, shoveling, I could hear the noises, but these people just seemed to have outlines and no faces,,,we did not see any eyes at all- my son started to freak,,,i hushed him, and said they are sending us a harmless message we must see it out- so the men dig a couple holes and they grab something from the women figures and put it in the holes - im whispering to my son,,,,its probly babies/toddlers that passed for whatever reason
once the babies were in the holes they shoveled the dirt on them and went back in the woods

the next day - we took our atv's over to the field just to look- no grass/dirt had been disturbed where they were digging the night before,,,but, their were boot prints heading into the woods from the field ...freaky!!!!




we stopped flashing the fields after that
Remarkable. Ghosts exist. As to exactly what they are, that's quite a question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2014, 06:35 PM
 
42 posts, read 70,846 times
Reputation: 109
Not sure but I swear our property is a place where wanderers go. I have had many different people or animals here that I've never known. They're here for a bit or a couple days. I think it is amazing to have them. I am so glad for this thread, I wasn't sure how to word this question about wandering spirits. I always try to just let them be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top