U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:48 AM

1,969 posts, read 1,285,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OP---Have you considered contacting a good medium? S/he could help you get in touch with your parents to see if they have any messages for you.

Yes, i have considered it. In fact, i did have 1 girl come by, but she somehow had access to some of my medical records, so i knew she wasn't for real.
But i took a paranormal class a few yrs ago and thought abt having the teacher and her crew come and set up shop at my house to chk it out.

They would come around 2 am and do their thing. But i never followed thru w/it tho.
She has her own ghost finder group. They go on outings to all these kinda local places
w/their evp's and cameras ghost hunting.
I went w/them once to a local haunted house and had some weird things happen...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,573,787 times
Just yell, "Get out" and stop being afraid. You will drive yourself crazy. Your parents lived long lives, be blessed and like them....move on.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:00 AM

17,583 posts, read 8,006,140 times
While some mediums will do phone readings, I think face-to-face appointments are better. I don't know where you live but if you do a google search for mediums/psychics for your town/city some names should come up. Once you get some names you can research them to see if they are the real thing, not fakes.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:42 AM

17,334 posts, read 9,322,476 times
This could be caused by stress and is often created by the individual. I've dealt with this for decades in our house, but there have been times when I wasn't stressed and it still happens. There have been times at work as well and witnessed by my coworkers. One theory is that our electrical energy is transformed into things that sometimes are not nice.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist

Old 08-24-2014, 11:06 AM

HA HA Richard!!! lol

Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 AM

Thank you all, i think i just needed some confirmation. I have other noises and happenings on a recorder, for non-believers.
But like i said, this is their home too. And if the noises get too loud, i'll just turn up the volume on the tv like i always
do...

Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 PM

11,640 posts, read 8,434,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
If these noises started after your parents passed away then it might be them. I don't now much about this kind of stuff, but there are others on here that do and might be able to tell you what they think. I do find it really fascinating though. I wonder if 5:00-6:30 am is when they would normally wake up, since that is when the noises often happen.
This is off topic but I have read that true soul mates will very often pass away within 2-3 months of each other like your parents did.
My husband's parents passed away less than 3 weeks apart. MY MIL had been sick for a while, but my FIL's death came as a complete shock. He died of a sudden heart attack when he was in a store returning some used books that my MIL had bought, and was telling the owner about her death.

I think we always thought that he died of a broken heart.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
My husband's parents passed away less than 3 weeks apart. MY MIL had been sick for a while, but my FIL's death came as a complete shock. He died of a sudden heart attack when he was in a store returning some used books that my MIL had bought, and was telling the owner about her death.

I think we always thought that he died of a broken heart.

That's what i thought abt my dad too. Sad.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:54 AM

5,278 posts, read 3,589,002 times
It could be anything, really.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:06 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,014,171 times
It's the homeless guys from downtown watching for your lights to go out so they can sneak in and make dinner on your stove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal