Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:12 PM

2,497 posts, read 2,057,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
It's the homeless guys from downtown watching for your lights to go out so they can sneak in and make dinner on your stove.
Nah, i think my Doberman would get them first!! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 06:10 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,268,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Nah, i think my Doberman would get them first!! lol
Oh wow, the fur coated razor blade, that eliminates the homeless. You may have ghosts!

Old 08-27-2014, 08:31 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,743,200 times
Does your Doberman react to these things in the house?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:29 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,361,815 times
^ I'd like to know this as well. Although as much as I'd like to think my dogs prick their ears up at some sounds I hear, I also know two of my 3 pitbulls didn't pick up on the rodent in our chimney. Only one did and she got a doggy biscuit for letting us know. So... I wouldnt put it all on the dogs response.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:20 PM

102,119 posts, read 107,341,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Good question. Pets usually react to that sort of thing.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,573,658 times
The last time I heard noises in my kitchen, I noticed my cat started hanging out a lot in front of the sink cupboard. . . Yep . . . Mice!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post

The one I have now doesn't come in the house...so no.

The one b4 her, yes. And it was in the kitchen!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 PM

A little ( true) story.
I had heart surgery. I put some frying pans away in the basket that slides in and out of the cupboard under the stove.
Well the handle was sticking out toward the back, and the cupboard wouldn't close all the way. I couldn't bend down to close it, cuz i didn't want to rip open my chest.
So i would have to wait till someone came over to help me close it.

Late into the night i hear this loud bang. Got up in the morning, and the cupboard was CLOSED...
I had my brother come over to see if some giant rat had somehow done something. Didn't see anything.

I don't tell too many people, cuz they'll think i'm crazy. I"M NOT...lol

Old 09-02-2014, 06:34 PM

2,828 posts, read 4,328,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
A little ( true) story.
I had heart surgery. I put some frying pans away in the basket that slides in and out of the cupboard under the stove.
Well the handle was sticking out toward the back, and the cupboard wouldn't close all the way. I couldn't bend down to close it, cuz i didn't want to rip open my chest.
So i would have to wait till someone came over to help me close it.

Late into the night i hear this loud bang. Got up in the morning, and the cupboard was CLOSED...
I had my brother come over to see if some giant rat had somehow done something. Didn't see anything.

I don't tell too many people, cuz they'll think i'm crazy. I"M NOT...lol
You need to set some traps and bait them every night. In the morning see if the bait (cheese) is gone if you have not caught any. The traps may even spring on you if the rodents are quick enough and manage to avoid them. I've had them in the past and they can sound quite noisy in the still of the night.

Also look for tell-tale signs like rodent droppings (dark and about the size of a grain of rice or smaller) in the pantry and any place else where food is accessible.

Last edited by nezlie; 09-02-2014 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: droppings

Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,557,049 times
Sure, I believe it is your parents hanging out and watching over you. No doubt in my mind.

I once lived in an apartment with a ghost. Before I saw her I somehow "knew" it was an elderly lady who had died there. Then one day she actually appeared to me as a full body apparition!

Before and after that appearance there were things that happened and so one day I just said out loud to her,

"You are welcome to stay, but just don't scare me anymore! And if you see The Light, go toward it!"

After that no appearances, no doors opening on their own, no other stuff. I always hoped she found peace, but maybe she is still there just lying low.

You might consider having a talk with them so that you can get some peace and quiet and rest in your own home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal