U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 01:30 AM

2,321 posts, read 2,276,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
A little ( true) story.
I had heart surgery. I put some frying pans away in the basket that slides in and out of the cupboard under the stove.
Well the handle was sticking out toward the back, and the cupboard wouldn't close all the way. I couldn't bend down to close it, cuz i didn't want to rip open my chest.
So i would have to wait till someone came over to help me close it.

Late into the night i hear this loud bang. Got up in the morning, and the cupboard was CLOSED...
I had my brother come over to see if some giant rat had somehow done something. Didn't see anything.

I don't tell too many people, cuz they'll think i'm crazy. I"M NOT...lol
I don't think you're crazy at all. My first hunch on this was "angel" or "friendly ghost," guardian spirit, you name it. I don't know anything about this at all, but I have a strong feeling for some reason that this was NOT a rat!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 08:36 AM

12,655 posts, read 10,306,481 times
I heard similar sounds when I moved into my home and it was mice. I put out poison in the cabinet under the sink. After a few weeks, no more banging. While I believe in the paranormal, I always look for logical source first.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:21 PM

1,969 posts, read 1,284,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
You need to set some traps and bait them every night. In the morning see if the bait (cheese) is gone if you have not caught any. The traps may even spring on you if the rodents are quick enough and manage to avoid them. I've had them in the past and they can sound quite noisy in the still of the night.

Also look for tell-tale signs like rodent droppings (dark and about the size of a grain of rice or smaller) in the pantry and any place else where food is accessible.
I may set out traps. But my brother and i did look for signs of droppings and didn't see anything...
Thanks for your suggestion.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Sure, I believe it is your parents hanging out and watching over you. No doubt in my mind.

I once lived in an apartment with a ghost. Before I saw her I somehow "knew" it was an elderly lady who had died there. Then one day she actually appeared to me as a full body apparition!

Before and after that appearance there were things that happened and so one day I just said out loud to her,

"You are welcome to stay, but just don't scare me anymore! And if you see The Light, go toward it!"

After that no appearances, no doors opening on their own, no other stuff. I always hoped she found peace, but maybe she is still there just lying low.

You might consider having a talk with them so that you can get some peace and quiet and rest in your own home!
Interesting , isn't it? How neat that you actually saw someone.
I have things on the recorder so i can have proof. I have the cutting board ( wooden) slamming down on the kitchen counter on tape. That was the beginning of things to come. lol
It was sooo loud!

Old 09-04-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't think you're crazy at all. My first hunch on this was "angel" or "friendly ghost," guardian spirit, you name it. I don't know anything about this at all, but I have a strong feeling for some reason that this was NOT a rat!
I know, me too, on the angels, guardian thing. I think my parents come around every once in awhile.
I haven't heard anything in the last few weeks tho...thanks for believing.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:24 AM

859 posts, read 532,651 times
does this always happen when you lie on your bed?

Old 09-06-2014, 11:53 AM

6,281 posts, read 5,516,890 times
I happen to have several experiences with the spirit world .
I too look for the obvious an unusual things that can cause noises or disturbances before I jump the gun.
My job professionally often required investigation in to the causes of failure in machinery , and having worked in construction foundation to finish work.
I know what wiring can and will do under certain circumstances, and the influence of harmonics near industry and magnetic fields .
I have had plenty of adventures in the supernatural both good and bad and the very bad.
Also have a number of acquaintances, and friends with their own personal experiences, with the super natural.
Beware of seers or mediums ,and not so much them, but the spirits they may contact .
There is no obligation in them (spirits) to be honest .
They have an extended life span some are centuries old,
They know details about people they have companioned , even given guidance, through the years, so they can pretend to be that person .
There are those that have been the victim of an accident, and remain to accomplish some mission, and aided in rescues and comfort to other victims .
Because deception is such a common problem , God had forbidden His people from having any thing to do with these spirits and those that attempt to communicate with them.
1. they are not God, and not omnipresent.
2. they are not all knowing , though they pretend to be, and some do have some inside information, witch craft use to manipulate others.
If I were invisible and hung around you for a while I could rat on the secret things you do ,through some one else, and you'd be amazed, and believe every thing that person had to tell you. Hooked.
One boy foolishly got in a group inviting demons in them selves , and it got really nasty, till he was finally freed, but he wears the scars for the rest of his life, both physically and emotionally, including the capacity to see demons and he is not left alone.
One boy in his group died ,cut up on the inside.

I had kicked out an evil spirit from my cabin, and it went across the street to a rental I found out years later, from folks that were living there at the time.
in the middle of the night their gas stove would get turned on and they could smell the heat up stairs came down and shut it off a few times and they finally moved to escape it.
Another friend lived in a motor home ,in an area that had reputation for spirit activity .
Though the houses were gone, he was there for security for the marina there along the lake. He watched the water faucet come on ,and had to get out of bed several times to shut it off , he finally left and moved to a different location and no further problems.

I could go on, but basically spirits can be like bullies looking for a reaction to affirm their existence to them selves probably like some people we already know.

Origins vary much like you an I vary , but the bottom line is don't regard them with any more respect than you would a stranger of any sort.

Sending them away is the best route, and most importantly sending them away the second you detect them .

The moment they are accepted for any reason; fear, or entertainment , getting rid of them can prove to be a much bigger problem. I emphasize my direction opening windows and doors to pressure my point.

I have also been under personal attack ,and my strength is in the power of Jesus name .
Because I know the power of Jesus name in this issue, does not certify my relationship with God .
My relationship with God exists because I choose to obey Him, a provision Jesus made, to those choosing His Lordship in their life.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:17 PM

1,285 posts, read 646,980 times
The ICEMAKER, DUH!

Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 PM

11,139 posts, read 8,992,379 times
Some of these early-morning noises can be explained by a natural phenomenon. Houses with their associated structures - floors, doors, and cabinets - consist largely of wood and metal elements.
Wood and metal expand and contract with rising and falling temperatures.

During the day, various wood and metal components are used, and also warm and expand. During the night, when temperatures drop, the components contract back and often make noises in the process. For wood, this is especially true in older houses and even more so in high traffic areas where the wood has been subject to more wear and stress. Those high-traffic areas often include stairs, hallways, frequently used doors, and kitchen cabinets.

To give an example of how this works, it's best to use a hallway floor as an example: through the years, people have walked many, many times over the floor, and their repeated steps in the same place have stressed those spots of wood. These stressed spots expand/depress during the day due to traffic and temps (doesn't have to be summer time, almost everywhere daylight hours are warmer). Then at night, with several hours to "rest" from traffic and with falling temps, the stressed spots will begin to contract, i.e. "pop" back into place and make noises that can sound remarkably like footsteps going down the hall.

The same thing happens with kitchen cabinet doors and drawers that have been opened many thousands of time through the years. The wood at vulnerable spots will expand during the day then contract at night, and not only can it sound like they're being opened/closed but in some cases, the expansion/contraction will actually cause the door or drawer to bang or open or close. Like the hallway steps, the most likely candidates for this effect are those cabinet doors and drawers used heavily by occupants through the years.

Metal and/or cast iron plumbing fixtures can behave in the same way.

This is a very well-known and proven phenomenon. I realize it doesn't explain all the kitchen noises described by the OP, and I keep an open mind about the possibility of "paranormal" (for lack of a better word) influences. But if I were hearing the same sounds, I'd know to dismiss at least some of them as perfectly ordinary house noises.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
does this always happen when you lie on your bed?
Yes, it happens in the eves while i'm in bed watching tv, or early in the am, when the tv is low.
but when i start to hear the noises in the am, i turn the tv louder...

As i've said earlier i've tried to de-bunk some of this stuff, but that bamboo cutting board slamming down on the kitchen counterthat i have on the recorder is just too much to doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal