U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,557,997 times

Advertisements

So much of it is fake...and I include the 'Long Island Medium' in that...that if there were any truth to any of their claims, it would be lost in the overwhelming tide of garbage.

Any magician can do as good if not better demonstration of 'psychic powers' as any of these frauds. They use the same techniques and once you are clued in, you won't be fooled again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 AM

186 posts, read 173,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Again, until one of these people step up and pass the Randi Challenge, none of them have any credibility.

Challenge Info

If you want to remain uneducated about what very credible universities have researched on the subject, that's fine, but this probably isn't a thread you would find interesting unless you're just interested in being argumentative.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:21 PM

14,172 posts, read 20,520,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaMoBThere View Post
If you want to remain uneducated about what very credible universities have researched on the subject, that's fine, but this probably isn't a thread you would find interesting unless you're just interested in being argumentative.
I'm unaware of any major, peer reviewed research that actually supports the existence of the paranormal. I've seen some that can support further hypothesis though.

That said, the Randi Challenge has been open for DECADES now, and no one has progressed past the preliminary stage.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:40 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,388,582 times
Quote:
I'm unaware of any major, peer reviewed research that actually supports the existence of the paranormal. I've sedoesn't e that can sis hpiport further hypothesis though.

That said, the Randafterwoe has been open for DECADES now, and no one has progressed past the preliminary stage.
No one is going to come forward because it's a slap in the face. I doubt someone such as yourself would get that.. but it might as well be taken off the books. It will never happen

Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM

186 posts, read 173,775 times
Quote:
I'm unaware of any major, peer reviewed research that actually supports the existence of the paranormal. I've seen some that can support further hypothesis though.
That said, the Randi Challenge has been open for DECADES now, and no one has progressed past the preliminary stage.

Of course you're unaware of it. You obviously haven't looked into this, wanting to hold onto notions from the 1940's instead.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
No one is going to come forward because it's a slap in the face. I doubt someone such as yourself would get that.. but it might as well be taken off the books. It will never happen
Obviously it's not a slap in the face because hundreds of people (650 I think at last count) had attempted it but failed to progress past the preliminary stage. Sylvia Brown herself agreed to take the challenge, had Randi bending over backwards to accommodate her and then simply started ignoring him when she realized it was a losing fight.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Of course you're unaware of it. You obviously haven't looked into this, wanting to hold onto notions from the 1940's instead.
Feel free to share it then. I spend a good amount of time in scientific journals (mainly actual hard sciences though) and would love to see it if you have it.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM

29,042 posts, read 47,369,428 times
I went through a phase (10-15 years ago?) where I read a handful of her books, and was really into watching her appearances on the Montel Show. But I'm not a particularly religious person, and consider myself a culturally-Jewish agnostic... so I don't necessarily buy into the "hocus pocus" or heaven-related stuff, but did find her words to be very comforting as general guides for life. Thus, the ones where she ONLY focused on afterlife, heaven, predictions, etc, weren't really my cup of tea. My favorite of her books was Blessings from the Other Side, which offers a lot of CURRENT life advice and anecdotes.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 AM

5,807 posts, read 4,522,439 times
Quote:
So basically anyone who expresses skepticism in this forum is not welcome? Where does it say that in the rules?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,388,582 times
Quote:
Obviously it's not a slap in the face because hundreds of people (650 I think at last count) had attempted it but failed to progress past the preliminary stage. Sylvia Brown herself agreed to take the challenge, had Randi bending over backwards to accommodate her and then simply started ignoring him when she realized it was a losing fight.
I just said that. I said it was a slap in the face. Actually, she wasn't that bright not to realize that, beforehand. So, I obviously didn't miss that much by not reading her books. You can't take the phenomenal and make it a science. With my experiences, you can't bring it over it ( most of it) It goes against universal laws and you DIE. You go there and you're dead.. period and end of statement. Now, I have visited-- but I can't stay. You only have so much time anyway..

And yes, there are way more dimensions in the universe than this one. The universe doesn't forget anything... time stops and it looks vast-less ( which it is) but there is memory. I know the psychics say there is no memory ( or that is the first to go) and that may be on the physical level as human..but the universe itself doesn't forget, although it's endless. It's timeless.

When I visited, there are people that I only know there. They weren't part of the life I have right now... but they greet and know exactly who I am and I know who they are.. but I am not allowed to bring it back. Memory isn't allowed to record it.. although I can remember just what I wrote.. most of that is a universal 'no-no'. I could actually get into trouble for even knowing half of of that because memory is not suppose to remember and bring anything back. It's designed that way. The earth is ours, the universe is not.

The universal dimensions are off limits

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-28-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal