U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 12:52 PM

186 posts, read 173,452 times

Advertisements

Since you're accustomed to reading scientific research, I'm sure you can find it. University of Arizona's Center for Consciousness has done studies. You'll also find other studies in peer reviewed journals in the U.S., Australia, Great Britain. There have been single-blind, double-blind and triple-blind studies done.

University of Virginia has done quite a bit in the way of researching reincarnation.

There's plenty out there, and if you were really interested you would have found it by now.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 03:15 PM

87,803 posts, read 81,538,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I just said that. I said it was a slap in the face. Actually, she wasn't that bright not to realize that, beforehand. So, I obviously didn't miss that much by not reading her books. You can't take the phenomenal and make it a science. With my experiences, you can't bring it over it ( most of it) It goes against universal laws and you DIE. You go there and you're dead.. period and end of statement. Now, I have visited-- but I can't stay. You only have so much time anyway..

And yes, there are way more dimensions in the universe than this one. The universe doesn't forget anything... time stops and it looks vast-less ( which it is) but there is memory. I know the psychics say there is no memory ( or that is the first to go) and that may be on the physical level as human..but the universe itself doesn't forget, although it's endless. It's timeless.

When I visited, there are people that I only know there. They weren't part of the life I have right now... but they greet and know exactly who I am and I know who they are.. but I am not allowed to bring it back. Memory isn't allowed to record it.. although I can remember just what I wrote.. most of that is a universal 'no-no'. I could actually get into trouble for even knowing half of of that because memory is not suppose to remember and bring anything back. It's designed that way. The earth is ours, the universe is not.

The universal dimensions are off limits
I'm reading a book by a Dutch cardiologist, about his patients' NDE's. He says many patients gained an instant understanding of how the universe works, and why things happen the way they do, and what the purpose of life is, and their life, others' lives. But he said none of them was able to bring that knowledge back into this mundane world. I also think it's possible to access that information via a spontaneous psychic opening, or Kundalini experience, but the memory of it doesn't last.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,379,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm reading a book by a Dutch cardiologist, about his patients' NDE's. He says many patients gained an instant understandingI'of how the universe works, and why things happen the way they do, and what the purpose of life is, and their life, others' lives. But he said none of them was able to bring that knowledge back into this mundane world. I also think it's possible to access that information via a spontaneous psychic opening, or Kundalini experience, but the memory of it doesn't last.
Interesting.. I'll have to look at it. I do know the one lady that greeted me when I crossed, knew me for a very long time and I actually knew her like I've known her forever.. but the thing is.. I have.. I just don't know her here. I was not allowed to bring it back but I know her. I think I could remember that much of it because it was about length of time. And she way back there.. I mean way back. I AM very old, obviously.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:32 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,379,567 times
Also.. I've crossed over maybe six times and I wasnt near death. Hey. It was actually a long time ago.. but I know how to do it. The last time I did it.. I bothered someone because they wanted to be here with me and then I figured out that it was unfair. So.. sometimes it's seen as detrimental and selfish... You just have to be careful about your motives because everything is seen or you WILL get it. There are no smoke screens there and you are still responsible for your actions

Old 08-28-2014, 04:40 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,871,801 times
back in the montel days alot of people thought she was legit

had something to do with her maneurisms

i suppose psychics and palm readers and shhh are all "for entertainment purposes only"

but when you have desperate emotional people crying in front of you on national tv its kind of f'd up to do that to people

ever since miss cleo was exposed, the game aint never been the same

Old 08-28-2014, 05:11 PM

11,139 posts, read 8,990,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'm unaware of any major, peer reviewed research that actually supports the existence of the paranormal. I've seen some that can support further hypothesis though.
To be fair, "major" and "peer" are subjective terms, and once something's been observed in a laboratory, it's no longer called 'paranormal', it's called 'science'. Example: Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments

But imo, your point here is beyond the scope of this thread, which discusses Ms. Browne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That said, the Randi Challenge has been open for DECADES now, and no one has progressed past the preliminary stage.
Yes, it's true Ms. Browne initially agreed to take the challenge and then failed to follow through. That was typical behavior for her.

Actually very very few persons who claim psychic powers have shown any interest in the challenge. I respect and applaud Mr. Randi and his efforts and successes in exposing frauds. But I don't think for a moment he had the remotest interest in setting up truly objective tests. His entire raison d'être was to expose all things he labelled "irrational" as fraudulent, and his Achilles' heel was his closed-mindedness.

For the purposes of this one thread, it's apropos to assume at least an open mind about the paranormal because it goes without saying that someone who is not (like yourself) would automatically reject Ms. Browne's writings. If you want to debate Mr. Randi and the validity of paranormal events in general, perhaps you'd like to start another thread?

Old 08-28-2014, 06:52 PM

501 posts, read 909,794 times
My wife used to watch Montel mainly to watch Sylvia. I thought even back then she was a fake. After several failed predictions my wife finally saw the light, so to speak, and stopped watching. Her biggest flub that turnd my wife off to her was that boy that disapeared in Missouri several years ago, she told the boys mother to get over it, he's dead. A few years later he was found several miles north of St. Louis still alive, still with the guy that abducted him.

Other things that didn't jive were she'd tell people that their deceased loved ones watched over them from the other-side. Then the next show she'd say they don't care about us, they're enjoying the after life, no time to waste on things happening in this world.

So to answer the OP question, no, neither the wife or I read any of her books. The only thing she was good at was milking the gullible of their hard earned money.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:36 PM

87,803 posts, read 81,538,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
My wife used to watch Montel mainly to watch Sylvia. I thought even back then she was a fake. After several failed predictions my wife finally saw the light, so to speak, and stopped watching. Her biggest flub that turnd my wife off to her was that boy that disapeared in Missouri several years ago, she told the boys mother to get over it, he's dead. A few years later he was found several miles north of St. Louis still alive, still with the guy that abducted him.

Other things that didn't jive were she'd tell people that their deceased loved ones watched over them from the other-side. Then the next show she'd say they don't care about us, they're enjoying the after life, no time to waste on things happening in this world.

So to answer the OP question, no, neither the wife or I read any of her books. The only thing she was good at was milking the gullible of their hard earned money.
Wow, that's awful that she said that to that mother in the audience. And thank heaven the boy was eventually found.

I have to admit, I was fascinated by her on Montel. I'm one of the ones who watched Montel just to see her. She seemed so sure of herself when she spoke to people, but it turns out she was just good at faking being assured. And her books are clearly fake, poorly written, and she doesn't proofread or fact check her writing.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:45 PM

11,139 posts, read 8,990,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, that's awful that she said that to that mother in the audience. And thank heaven the boy was eventually found.
She did the same thing to Amanda Berry's mother. Amanda was one of the three Ohio women kept prisoner in a house for over a decade. The mother died without knowing her daughter was alive.
Browne told the mother:
Quote:
“She’s not alive, honey. Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call.”
Source: Sylvia Browne, Amanda Berry, and Psychic Arts | The Wild Hunt

Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 PM

7,376 posts, read 14,220,741 times
I predict that I won't be reading any of her books and also predict that she won't be writing any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal