U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 08:24 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,383,280 times

Advertisements

This needs to be watched first though

O Esconderijo(Hideaway) - 1995 Parte 3 - YouTube
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 02:50 AM

23,421 posts, read 29,375,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I have read many NDE stories and find them very interesting.
Me, too.

I have a few of Sylvia's books. Overall, I find them informative. I am not saying that I 100% believe everything she wrote, but still interesting stuff.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:47 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,901,090 times
No and I did not like her so I would not read her books.

I saw her on Montel and I thought she came across as arrogant and rude and unfeeling with people.

And somewhat patronizing.

I do not think she was a real psychic either.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:28 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,065,507 times
I've never been a fan of Sylvia Browne. She used to have a call-in show on Hay House Radio and would give readings to people; I bristled every time I heard one. If you listened to her show long enough, you would see the established pattern...anyone who called in with illness that they said their doctors couldn't diagnose were told "get them to check your T3, T4, it's your thyroid" (she also kept promoting the fact that doctors were quacks who knew nothing). For people who were wondering what to do when looking for work, in the majority of cases she told them to flip houses, saying they were going to get rich quickly by doing so. One woman who called in despair on behalf of her sister, because her nephew was in hospital after an accident, Sylvia told her, "I'm sorry, but he won't survive". The woman was taken aback with shock, stating that the doctors never said he was going to die; her sister had been wanting to know how long he would take to recover from his injuries. With another woman who called stating that she had constant stomach pains, and the doctors were doing all sorts of tests, Sylvia told her, "Your doctor doesn't know what he's doing. Every morning, lie on your back at the end of your bed and do stomach crunches...you'll be fine". And yet another woman who called in tears because she and her husband had separated, Sylvia informed her to wait for him, he just needed his space and they would get back together soon. When the woman told her that he was living with another woman, Sylvia told her to 'hang in there, that won't work out and he will come back to you'. (The same woman called almost a year later, still heartbroken over her husband, and Sylvia STILL told her to not give up, he would come back.)

That's just a small sampling of what I used to hear from her on her daily call-in show. She would lead people on, give them false hope, dispense medical advice that could potentially cause a lot of harm, encourage people to not listen to their doctors, and in general, was highly inaccurate. I knew someone many years ago who had spent over $700 of her money - money she really couldn't afford to spend - on a reading from Sylvia. When she finally got her reading, she said that the entire reading was horribly inaccurate. She was so upset and disappointed that she called and tried to get her money back, or at least some of it, realizing what a waste it had been, but the staff member on Sylvia's team that she spoke to said, "Sorry, no refunds" and hung up.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that there are people out there who do have a talent for psychic ability. I once had a reading done - when I was in my early 20s - by a woman who charged $20. She knew absolutely nothing about me, asked me no questions, and yet she got my past bang on, and her predictions of the future were eerily accurate. She also did a reading for my sister with the same result. And I've had my own experiences with "knowing" certain things before they happened. I think we all have the potential to possess the gift of psychic sense, we just have to know how to tap into it.

Sylvia Browne though...she made the hairs on the back of my neck bristle every time I heard her give a reading, I sensed she was that bad. Not just bad...she may have potentially caused a lot of people serious harm in their lives from the things she told them. And quite honestly, that's the only reason why I listened to her show...to get my ire up, much the way people love to watch scary movies.

At any rate, that's my opinion...with apologies to those who were/are fans of hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal