U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 AM

187 posts, read 169,210 times

Advertisements

My wife and I purchased a home three years ago that has a history of two separate suicides from two separate families that have lived in the home.
One suicide was a 32 year old man who shot himself in the basement in the early 60's and the other was a woman in her 40's who hanged herself from a rafter in the attic in 1979.

The house is in a upper middle class neighborhood and is quite large at 3600 square feet.
Due to the stigma associated with this house we were able to purchase it at a solid 125,000 dollars below what it would normally sell for.

Within the first six months of living in the home we began to experience the sounds of footsteps coming from the attic.

The basement has a rather strong negative energy in it and causes my wife to expedience dizzy spells while down there.
Both her and I hear extremely muffled speech at the volume of a whisper at times throughout the basement area.

Our neighbors seem rather concerned about us since no one before us remained in the home for longer than a year or so.

So far the main living areas of the first floor and second floor remain relatively calm other than the occasional door closing by itself or at times catching the scent of perfume in the bedroom that isn't my wife's.

We are pleased with our home and the activity occurring.

Has anyone else lived in an apartment or home with a history of suicide?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 AM

35,103 posts, read 44,527,366 times
Get a sage smudge stick from "The Little Shop of Auras" in Edwardsville, then light it and take it through the entire home and basement.
When you hear the noises you are hearing ask the spirits to please leave because this is your home now and you would prefer they not be there.

As far as your wife becoming dizzy I would check for some sort of leak in the basement area that could be causing that.

Our daughter has a home for sale in Glen Carbon

Old 09-04-2014, 09:48 AM

Thank you for the reply CSD610.

Our purchase of the home was based on the fact that there were spirits in the home.

We don't want the home cleansed.

As far as any leaks concerning natural gas or otherwise the home has been inspected by all utilities and has received a clean bill of health as recent as three months ago.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
Thank you for the reply CSD610.

Our purchase of the home was based on the fact that there were spirits in the home.

We don't want the home cleansed.

As far as any leaks concerning natural gas or otherwise the home has been inspected by all utilities and has received a clean bill of health as recent as three months ago.

Okay, I misunderstood your post then.

The checking for a leak was just a thought on my part.

At any rate, if they do get too unruly just ask them to tone it down a bit and generally they will comply.
You might ask as well if they are the cause of whatever is affecting your wife and if they are to please stop doing that.
Spirits can and will be quite compliant if you ask them nicely.

Good luck with the new home and your guests, I do hope you can work things out and be happy sharing your home.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM

2,004 posts, read 1,310,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, I misunderstood your post then.

The checking for a leak was just a thought on my part.

At any rate, if they do get too unruly just ask them to tone it down a bit and generally they will comply.
You might ask as well if they are the cause of whatever is affecting your wife and if they are to please stop doing that.
Spirits can and will be quite compliant if you ask them nicely.

Good luck with the new home and your guests, I do hope you can work things out and be happy sharing your home.
I, myself could never live in a home where suicides had occurred, Too much negative energy.
But gosh, kudos to you and your wife for doing so. Just be sure to keep all weapons hidden...lol

Old 09-04-2014, 05:32 PM

5,105 posts, read 7,048,309 times
Sage . . . burn lots of sage. And have the elders in if the spirits become rowdy.

I was in a rental that had horrible vibes. Shortly after I moved out, I found out that a man had murdered his wife and infant son in a drunken rage. Yuck. I don't doubt it in that house. I was broke or I wouldn't have rented there.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:21 PM

We do have some rather unusual things that both my wife and I collect that seem quite at home in this house.

I have a rather extensive vintage morgue equipment collection and my wife collects thrift store dolls that are a bit ratty and worn. We have three rooms dedicated to everything we have.

We both are rather dark spirited people.

We enjoy inviting others over from work for dinner. My wife is an RN and I am in management at a medical supply company.

Many times people can sense the energy flowing throughout the house but some cannot, usually men.
The intensity of the energy in the basement where the man killed himself is the most intense. Like I said in the OP my wife becomes dizzy while in the basement.

That leaves me to do the laundry due to where the washer and dryer are located.

I have ordered an Ovilus that has a built in vocabulary that spirits can manipulate in order to form words. I've also ordered an SB7 spirit Box along with some static night vision cameras and a thermal imaging capable camcorder. I am also waiting on a couple of digital voice recorders.

This should allow me to document the homes other inhabitants.

The really interesting thing is as I'm typing this in our upstairs bedroom I'm hearing foot steps coming from the attic as I discussed in my OP.

My wife is currently at work and we have no pets.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Are you originally from the area?
If so then you are well aware of the Spirit Filled tunnels in Alton and the Mansion in St. Louis.

I am glad that you are enjoying your home and your guests.
I still would ask the Spirit in the basement to quit doing whatever it is that is affecting your wife.
It never hurts to ask I will say though, our laundry area is in the basement as well and I don't do stairs so my Husband is the one who does most of the laundry in our home as well.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Yes I was raised in Alton. The house I grew up in is haunted. The foundation of that house is made of limestone as are countless other older houses are in Alton.

I am well acquainted with those tunnels as well as the infamous Mc Pike mansion and the Mineral Springs Hotel.

Have you been to either one of those?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
Yes I was raised in Alton. The house I grew up in is haunted. The foundation of that house is made of limestone as are countless other older houses are in Alton.

I am well acquainted with those tunnels as well as the infamous Mc Pike mansion and the Mineral Springs Hotel.

Have you been to either one of those?

Unfortunately I have not but would like to go at some point.

Mr. CSD grew up in Godfrey so he is very familiar with all of that in the area.
I got to the area sort of in around 1998 when I lived in Madison and worked at the Gateway Truck Stop in East St Louis.
I've lived in Madison, Granite City, Roxana, Hartford, and Godfrey and honestly I think Roxana was my favorite place.
We have friends and family in the area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal