U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 02:54 AM

8,991 posts, read 9,838,763 times

Advertisements

By January, 1934 G. Warren Shufelt and his staff had driven a tunnel at least 250' deep in Los Angeles. They sought an underground city populated by intelligent reptiles capable of interplanetary travel. From the evidence the reptiles walked upright. We do not know how closely they resembled humans. Shufelt was a mining engineer and geophysicist who had invented a machine that effectively looked into the ground. He saw no people, but he did see all sorts of artifacts. There was a lengthy article in the LA Times on January 29th, 1934, then nothing. There was no further mention of the tunnel, the project, or of Shufelt.

Did Franklin Roosevelt cooperate with Stalin in dispatching Communist agents from both America and the Soviet Union who then formed an alliance with the lizard people who, unknown to Shufelt, had survived and still inhabited the city? This could explain the large number of Communists in the US government because those agents were likely not human. Eighty years ago people didn't need to carry identification. States issued driver's licenses based upon what the individual put on his application. People in the sixties still didn't need identification for driver's licenses and Social Security cards. I know this from experience as I was in California in 1961 when I was a few weeks from my eighteenth birthday. I went into the driver's license facility and filled out an application stating that I was exactly three years older. I took the written and road tests and left with a temporary license. I had an address to receive the permanent license so that on my eighteenth birthday I could buy alcohol with a genuine California license which showed that date as my twenty-first birthday. When I returned to Illinois no one questioned it as it had my picture, a feature absent from an Illinois license at the time. Reptiles who looked human albeit with rugose skin could have blended into the human population and then be hired as government workers. Some likely replaced human workers who simply disappeared.

Don't dismiss the story out of hand. In 1970 there were rumors in the right wing community about Soviet attempts to modify weather in the US. Official US government sources denounced it as preposterous. Yet after the fall of the Soviet Union and opening of KGB files it turned out that the Reds had been doing just that although it was unsuccessful.

Read the article below in the LA Times. Think about it. Think about preparing for it as they are probably among us and even interbreeding. DNA modification to allow interbreeding would be simple enough for an advanced species.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/im...tiles17_05.jpg

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/im...tiles17_04.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 04:33 AM

5,413 posts, read 4,437,957 times
You would think that by now more would actually be known about these people.
No doubt that hiding among the indigenous people and becoming one of them might prevent racism and their numbers to flourish. No doubt that indian culture would be as puritanical as easter asian cultures, and just as protective over the occupation of the land.
I would not be so quick to deny their existence seeing there are tribes of pigmy 3'-4' tall and less, and have been some remarkably 8' tall men as well .
Even natural science knows, that denying sunlight has an effect on human development, even selective breeding can have obvious effects too.
Though mutations can occur generally they do not reproduce except to weaken the body as with radiation.
Living under ground can have it''s draw backs in these areas.
Due to in breading deformities also occur and families are encouraged to stop that practice and find unrelated partners.
Alien or appearing to be , does not necessarily equal honesty,
It has long been known that we have a fascination with the unknown, and using that distraction among modern men might be more acceptable and disarming than admitting they are simply mutations.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:11 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,492,392 times
You guys been listening to Coast-To-Coast AM a little too often???

Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 AM

16,595 posts, read 50,360,554 times
IIRC, it was President Harding that believed in a hollow earth theory. We do tend to elect odd and gullible folks to be President.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:17 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,449,949 times
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov

Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM

8,991 posts, read 9,838,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov
When I was pondering for a minute or two who might be a reptiloid (they're obviously not reptiles since they are members of a different biological system) the first and only name that came to mind was Isaac Asimov. It's interesting that you came up with the same name as someone who would be a naysayer. Asimov was a biochemist and a member of the establishment.

Michael Polyani has pointed out that received wisdom allows innovative thinking, but that acceptance is carefully circumscribed. The scientific establishment proscribed Tesla for years and has even now continued to reject much of his thinking.

I ask thee (I use the old second person singular because I wish to emphasize that I speak to you alone rather than the world) why the notion of extraterrestials is not allowed by the scientific establishment except as fiction. I'll also ask why not only the concept but even the evidence has become unacceptable, in fact proscribed, as a topic to be studied.

When William Clinton was running for president he said that he would find out what the government actually knew about extraterrestials and report it to the people if he were elected. Well, he was elected, but we heard no more. I can't provide a citation, but I do recall it from the time.

I'm not asking that you or anyone else uncritically believe what I've written on the subject. However, I ask you why almost the whole scientific establishment has accepted global warming without any investigation but won't tolerate a serious investigation into the existence of extraterrestials. I do not believe that there is a conspiracy of millions. I believe that they simply fear to cross previously established boundaries exposing themselves to ridicule, the primary weapon used against those who venture into uncharted territory. The okapi was discovered only a century ago and a large herbivore was discovered in Indo-China only a few years ago. Both discoveries were made when received wisdom stated that there could be no unknown large mammals.

Finally, I'll ask why Shufelt was never exposed as a charlatan or even mentioned.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 09-05-2014 at 02:13 PM..

Old 09-05-2014, 05:24 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,594,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
By January, 1934 G. Warren Shufelt and his staff had driven a tunnel at least 250' deep in Los Angeles. They sought an underground city populated by intelligent reptiles capable of interplanetary travel. From the evidence the reptiles walked upright. We do not know how closely they resembled humans. Shufelt was a mining engineer and geophysicist who had invented a machine that effectively looked into the ground. He saw no people, but he did see all sorts of artifacts. There was a lengthy article in the LA Times on January 29th, 1934, then nothing. There was no further mention of the tunnel, the project, or of Shufelt.

Did Franklin Roosevelt cooperate with Stalin in dispatching Communist agents from both America and the Soviet Union who then formed an alliance with the lizard people who, unknown to Shufelt, had survived and still inhabited the city? This could explain the large number of Communists in the US government because those agents were likely not human. Eighty years ago people didn't need to carry identification. States issued driver's licenses based upon what the individual put on his application. People in the sixties still didn't need identification for driver's licenses and Social Security cards. I know this from experience as I was in California in 1961 when I was a few weeks from my eighteenth birthday. I went into the driver's license facility and filled out an application stating that I was exactly three years older. I took the written and road tests and left with a temporary license. I had an address to receive the permanent license so that on my eighteenth birthday I could buy alcohol with a genuine California license which showed that date as my twenty-first birthday. When I returned to Illinois no one questioned it as it had my picture, a feature absent from an Illinois license at the time. Reptiles who looked human albeit with rugose skin could have blended into the human population and then be hired as government workers. Some likely replaced human workers who simply disappeared.

Don't dismiss the story out of hand. In 1970 there were rumors in the right wing community about Soviet attempts to modify weather in the US. Official US government sources denounced it as preposterous. Yet after the fall of the Soviet Union and opening of KGB files it turned out that the Reds had been doing just that although it was unsuccessful.

Read the article below in the LA Times. Think about it. Think about preparing for it as they are probably among us and even interbreeding. DNA modification to allow interbreeding would be simple enough for an advanced species.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/im...tiles17_05.jpg

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/im...tiles17_04.jpg
What are the concerns?
Death of a species? Certain agendas? Is this a curiosity thing?

Topics involving so-called UFOs are largely about technology. The technology is the most important thing. It would completely change the structure of the planet. If one has watched how inventors are treated one can see why so-called disclosure from government is very unlikely.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:08 PM

7,249 posts, read 6,313,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
Indeed. BTW Asimov is one of my favorite writers.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:37 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,492,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
However, I ask you why almost the whole scientific establishment has accepted global warming without any investigation but won't tolerate a serious investigation into the existence of extraterrestials.
I, for one, would love to see a serious investigation into the existence of extraterrestrials. They won't waste the time or money because either 1) "They" know there is no such thing, or 2) None have been captured or made themselves available to be "investigated". I truly believe the closest we have come to capturing, dead or alive, a real alien creature was the Roswell NM incident of summer, 1947.

Unfortunately we are dealing with political agendas with both the global warming issue, and the extraterrestrial issue. The "scientific establishment" doesn't have much to say about either...that's the privilege of the political class. That said, I also believe that if ET's were alive and among us, a sufficient number of earthlings would be aware of it by now, that this wouldn't even be an issue.

As for global warming, I don't bother to argue with anybody any more.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:17 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,449,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Unfortunately we are dealing with political agendas with both the global warming issue, and the extraterrestrial issue. The "scientific establishment" doesn't have much to say about either...that's the privilege of the political class. That said, I also believe that if ET's were alive and among us, a sufficient number of earthlings would be aware of it by now, that this wouldn't even be an issue.

As for global warming, I don't bother to argue with anybody any more.
Nor': I usually like your posts but this one is...well...

I always tell people - do not read "digested science". That's not science any more, it is opinions driven by agendas and agendas usually mean someone has something to lose or gain.

You cannot really have an opinion of the "scientific establishment" without actually reading the real science first, right?

If you want to educate yourself about global warming and climate change, go to the data and the scientific papers. Read them and make up your own mind. Start with Dr. Hansen's publications as he is the one of the main proponents of the idea. Then find someone who opposes it with real scientific papers, not opinions (won't find many). One of the many problems this country has is the general scientific illiteracy of the population, even people with Bachelor's degrees do not know how to critically read papers and understand data. Couple that with general intellectual laziness and lack of time and you find that a lot of people read "think tank" opinions (NOT science!) or individual works that "digest the science for them" (which is NOT science again!). What this means is that people with usually seek out someone they "trust", someone that usually ideologically lines up with them to feed them the "knowledge". Not good.

The "scientific establishment" has plenty to say on the topic of global warming. They also have a lot to say on the possibility of existence of ET life and there are efforts even you can participate in when looking for ETs (like SETI@Home).

My $.02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal