U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,297 times

Advertisements

This happened 10 years ago, & since has kept me wondering what exactly I witnessed. I was about 12 years old, and woke up in the middle of the night. My bed faced the door way, and on this night, I kept some tube lights (which were next to my door) on. I remember being wide awake, sitting up and just petting our family dog. Suddenly, our dog ran out of my room & down the hall, so my eyes were focused on the door way. Then, I had a very, very dark figure walk into my room. It was as tall as my door, slender, with no definition in it's face. (No nose, mouth..) it seemed slightly hunched over, too. The strangest thing was it wasn't a shadow person, it was more like a casted shadow. The arms and legs moved, and as it walked the figure even moved along the grooves of my bedroom door. But once it moved past my door, it was gone... I followed it as it moved expecting it to continue onto my wall, but it never did. As scared as my remembrance of it makes me now, when it happened I was not frightened. As soon as it vanished I thought of what it could be. I had things hanging by the tube lights & wondered if something had fallen.. But nothing had. So I got out of bed, turned off my tube lights & went back to sleep. We had lots of strange occurances in that house before it burnt down, but nothing close to what I saw that night. I've also had a huge HUGE fear of anything extraterrestrial since. Has anyone witnessed something similar & can give me the explanation of what I saw?? Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 12:58 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,443,800 times
Shadow Person. They are always around watching, wandering and doing their thing. They don't usually want to be seen so you only see them by accident. A rare hostile attack by one is just about as scary as anything in our world could possibly be.

I don't know what they really are, but the more I study the subject, the more I see how the (ghost) haunting and alien visitation/abduction phenomenons bleed into each other. They are likely both caused by the same thing(s) which exists in a "higher dimension" and are only seen when they slow down enough to enter our perspective.

Apparently they are interested in our feelings, both good and bad... though to what ends I don't know. I almost think it's just for their $h!#s and giggles than for any truly necessary or useful purpose, really!

I don't know if any of you have seen the Anime show "Death Note", but that's exactly the motivation of the Shinigami (demons) in the story... simple boredom. It rang very true with me, anyway.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,297 times
Thank you for your feed back!!! Makes a lot of sense. I had all sorts of things happen in that home.. Even captured a male voice on my phone while I was recording my mom. Sometimes it was playful and would make my whoopi cushion go off lol & Almost everyone witnessed a shadow move from the front door to the hallway-possibly going to my room-it even passed through furniture. As soon as you would turn your head to look, it had already passed. I ran after it a few times trying to see where it was going.
It is a miracle I came out alive when our home burnt down. I often wonder if this shadow person (because i had only been frightened once) watched over me, & is the reason I escaped safely. There was only one time when I was extremely scared. I had moved my furniture down the hall into my sisters old room & painted. Because of the paint fumes, I had to sleep on the floor of my old room. I kept waking up throughout the night, but dismissed it to me just sleeping on the floor. But then our dog got very, very protective & I felt paralyzed as he growled and barked at the darkest corner of my room. He was all hackled up and ready to attack- he is not an aggressive dog. When I found the courage to move, i ran to my moms room. By this time, she had had enough (she experienced things herself) and was ready to demand it leave us alone.
After our home burned down, we rebuilt on the same slab. In the new home, we have heard a woman humming. My mom heard it and thought it was me, just as I thought it was her! Lol after I experienced an attack, my mom demanded it to leave and cleansed our home. Never had anymore major events since.
My great grandmother was a medium & many of my family members are able to sense things. Does not help that my mother & aunt played with a ouiji (sp?) board when they were young. I wonder if there was more than one "ghost" who visited us, and who/what exactly they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal