U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 07:49 PM

16,804 posts, read 12,863,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This logic sort of bugs me.
For example, nothing in the world is ever going to convince me that a four-year-old child
who doesn't even know what sex is and who up until this point believed in magic, Sesame
Street and the undying power and protection of a parent's love attracted her father to
come into her room and molest her.

That's just one example and probably the most obvious one, but there are so many others.
Ah, I remember I wanted to get back to this post and didn't have the time...

Yes, when we use our limited perspective of things it does not make sense. I understand that.
So...
when we get an understanding of the Universe, Creation, the System that is set up here...
we see that all is perfect.
We have no idea what relationship a soul has with another.

May I give you an example, JerZ? To make this more personal and less
philosophical and hypothetical?

I was very abused. Picture an innocent cute, blue eyed, blonde girl... I mean really...growing up with puppies in the country, in middle class America.
Yet, emotionally abused from day one (in the hospital) til the day my father died.
Amazing as I write this...but true.

I went to therapy to forgive my dad...I yelled in therapy, cried, screamed at 'him'.
(He died in '84).
Oh, what a legacy he left in ME!

I didn't want to hate him, raised Catholic/Christian, but, come on!

One day, unexpectedly, I had a past life flash in front of my mind (within this last year)
...I was transfixed...I saw a scene...
My father was my best buddy.
Short version...he said he would be my father, I would be a girl...and he would treat me as I treated women back then...2 timing them, negating their heartfelt feelings...hurting them deeply...
to show me what it felt like ...so I would stop ...and, thus, grow...move on to a higher place...

So this enemy, abuser was really my friend and beloved teacher.

WE DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING! Do not judge any situation.
Rapist, murderer, adulterer...we no nothing of the workings of this Universe.

I hope this opens you to the fact there is more going on than the eye can see.
Take care.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
It hasn't worked for me. I'm still poor and ugly.
And you are exactly the product or result of your past thinking...
I am doing fine and too attractive for my own good!
My past thinking and realizations manifested.
Sorry, but that's how the Universe rolls.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:30 PM

25,740 posts, read 25,906,592 times
^ Miss Hepburn, I hate to say it, but that sounds a bit as if you couldn't handle what had happened to you, so your mind created something to explain it all. Understandable. Abuse victims make up all kinds of stuff in order to keep themselves from literally going crazy. Trust me, I know.

Also, the whole "blame the victim" thing doesn't make a lot of sense, even from a karmic perspective, particularly in the example you give above. Presumably in this "other life" you were big enough and strong enough to actually abuse grown women...correct?

So to get you to "understand" the feeling you were brought back as a small child abused by a huge person in a situation you could not have gotten away from pretty much under any circumstances, at least from the view of a small child?

Sorry, it just doesn't add up.

Also, who or what gave your father the right to abuse you in order to teach you some lesson, and by the way, therefore, doesn't HE receive recompense for having abused a small child in this life...? And on and on and on...

Does not add up. A gigantic and neverending torture of an entire childhood to gain an "understanding" of something a grown person would have perpetrated upon another individual who could have physically run away, used a credit card, gone to the police and so on....with, meanwhile, the person presumably having no past-life memories and therefore being clueless as to why it happened and therefore, almost inevitably (I escaped this...with A LOT of work), probably abusing people as a reaction, and lather, rinse, repeat, but it's all going to come clear after all that unnecessary chain of abuse and horror AFTER you're dead and therefore the information is useless to you, and after, by the way, possibly ruining even more lives along the way?

"But it is useful," you may argue, "because after this life you'll understand it."

Yeah, and go into the next one NOT understanding any of it, particularly the next gigantic karmic beating you're going to get in order "to learn."

Nope, not buying it. IMO, the whole idea of karma is a self-preservation belief in order not to literally just snap. It also happens to be very easy for abuse victims to latch on to such beliefs because, having been told all their childhoods (and perhaps beyond) that they are useless and bad and that they're the cause of everyone else's problem, they much more readily are willing to believe that their abuse was their fault too (oh, excuse me, "their lesson")...which IMO makes this all the more criminal.

How many times in your life do you want to be abused? What is it that makes you want to keep punishing yourself now that your father is dead and he can no longer punish you? I'm surprised these questions in particular weren't addressed while you were in therapy. I would think any therapist would find this glaring and would address it. You don't have to address it here, that's personal, but I would ask you to think about it. That's about all I, a stranger, can do, so take from that what you will.

Last edited by JerZ; 10-05-2014 at 10:44 PM..

Old 11-29-2019, 12:42 PM

Someone repped me that brought me back to this thread. So
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Nope, not buying it. IMO, the whole idea of karma is a self-preservation belief in order not to literally just snap.
But, the beauty of this is is to look at our lives now - Example, harbor thoughts of real vengeance against someone...
or start stealing things - it's obvious what goes around will come around.
Quote:
How many times in your life do you want to be abused?

What is it that makes you want to keep punishing yourself now that your father
is dead and he can no longer punish you?
Huh? I'm being abused now?

These types of questions can be answered, tho, by ourselves.
As in, why are we not all that we can be - what holds us back?
Why do we allow our boss to walk all over us?
What keeps us from the love we want and want to express?
What makes us have low self-esteem?
Common questions for people.
Why this or why that?

I had a few things to learn this life, as we all do, cuz we're here. Ha!
It took me decades to not gossip.
Took me (lifetimes, cuz i saw them, and decades) to hold my temper, not be a hot head...and always to my loved ones!
Took me exactly - 49 years to learn not to be a scared child around domineering mothers, neighbors,
bosses, and finally my sister.

I learned not to murder and pillage centuries ago, see ....now it's the subtle things.
So far so good!

Talking to the crowd, cuz ur probably not around anymore. Have not seen you.

Old Today, 07:43 PM

775 posts, read 214,060 times
My fiance is quite negative, and bad things happen to him all the time. His mother is another negative person...so is my mom, but not always. Most of the people I have known & am around tend towards the negative. I try to keep those vibes away but when you're fighting depression as well, it's often impossible. Lately, I've been meditating in order to keep the negativity at bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or