Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 02:33 PM

275 posts, read 332,207 times

Advertisements

I had one on a Saturday, and unfortunately it came true that following Tuesday.

It played out a little differently in my dream, but that main event happened, regardless. It wasn't a good one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 09:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I think given the amount of dreams we have over the course of a lifetime, at least one of them is bound to "come true." Probably more than one.

I had a dream before Halloween that it POURED. It hadn't rained (IRL) here in my neck of the woods for many months. Well, wouldn't you know it - ON Halloween night, it poured. I mean buckets, it was so loud that I ran to the window.

I am definitely not psychic. I'm sure I must have had other rain dreams, but they didn't stand out in the thick of so many dreams (I remember multiple dreams per night).

Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 PM

540 posts, read 1,910,587 times
In my dream there was a tornado north of my aparment at the time, felt real but knew after I woke up it was just a dream. I even told my mother about it in case it would come true. Within a week we had the real thing happened and it touched down NorthEast of my apartment, did some good damage at a trailer park.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:27 AM

607 posts, read 1,402,745 times
Here's a weird one. About 9 years ago I had a dream about a high school classmate that I had not seen in almost 20 years. We were amicable but never what I would call close friends. In the dream, he took a briefcase and disappeared from a pier telling me and someone else in the dream that he was leaving to join the Navy like his mother had wanted him to do. He then disappeared over the ocean.
I remembered the dream but did not give it much thought. I have weird ones from time to time.
About 4 days later I got an email from another friend from school telling me that the person that I had dreamed about was killed a couple of days before in a fiery automobile accident.
I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The dream that I had about him took place a few days before he died. Like I said, I hadn't seen him in almost 20 years, and I have no idea why I had that dream, but I will never forget it.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
A couple of night ago I had a dream that the columns we just installed between the living room and dining room were leaning and about to fall. John checked them and sure enough one of them is loose. When I was i high school I had a dream that my boyfriend who had moved to Montana was sitting on the banks of some water with another couple watching a boat tip over. I told him of the dream and he said that that's exactly what happened. One person tragically died.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul91 View Post

It played out a little differently in my dream, but that main event happened, regardless. It wasn't a good one
No, everyone doesn't. How often do you have these dreams? The daughter of a friend of mine has these, and she tries to warn the people involved of what's going to happen.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:10 PM

275 posts, read 332,207 times
Rarely. In fact, I rarely remember my dreams.

However, there have been 2 occasions I recall of having dreamt of two family members dying. Thankfully they didn't happen. I woke up crying, though.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:12 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul91 View Post

Short and fast, I don't think so.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:05 AM

279 posts, read 534,062 times
When I was five, I dreamed about being in an old house. The wallpaper was peeling and there were pictures of my family under the paper. At the top of the stairs was a single door that opened into a large walk-in closet. Racks all around the walls and something was moving behind the clothes towards me. Then I'd wake up.

I had that dream maybe 3 times and forgot about it for 7 years.

So my Grandma died and mom takes us to rural TN for the funeral and we wind up staying with my Aunt for a few days. Somebody gave us some bottle rockets and we were shooting them down the road and chasing them and there is a house with an open front door and broken windows and I feel this sense of dread but little sister and I look through the outbuildings and go in.

The place was trashed, odd and interesting things scattered everywhere. Poop on the floor. Some of the walls were covered in cork with old, curled B&W Polaroids pinned up. So we head up the stairs and there was just a closed door up there at the top of the stairs with hangers sticking out from under it and the whole dream came back and something started making knocking noises and I told my sister that it was time to run.

Kind of wish I'd opened that door.

Not exactly a dream come true, but I was a very rational 12 year old and that just spooked me in a way I will never forget.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:38 AM

52 posts, read 47,855 times
Yes, I had precognitive dream when my grandfather died, that was a sadness dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal