Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:43 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,615,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Any ideas of what occurred??? I swear I'm a perfectly sane person. Maybe not nice sometimes, but perfectly sane.
You just had an encounter with a demon. Demons smell like sulfur because they come from Hell which is made of fire and brimstone. You can't see them because God made most of humanity blind from seeing the spiritual world. But they are all around certain places and people that have opened a door/portal for them to come in. You need to plead the blood of Jesus all over your room and house. Play Christian music LOUDLY if you have to. He is the only thing they are terrified of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
This was last night. See what happens tonight and tomorrow night. Get back to us.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Just noticed the OP is from Mile High City.. That means Denver and there are a lot of weirdos in Denver....
Are you implying that a weirdo snuck into the OP's bed and farted?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:52 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain
Hello people no one farted. And there's no medical conditions. I was just checked out. Then how do you explain the bed ruffling??
Maybe you had a visit from a spirit

Old 10-30-2014, 02:56 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Maybe you had a visit from a spirit
I agree with this- ive had many "visits" in my life

have a camera at the ready next to the bed, in case this happens again

I have 3 photos like this, and it is very interesting - this may also deter future visits-

Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,380 times
Do you live near (even in the next county) a paper mill? I live two counties away from one, and it can stink up the whole city. They use hydrogen sulfide, and it smells like rotten eggs. It's so awful, you can smell it inside sometimes, but it permeates everything. It's not just there for a moment and disappears, so this is not your likely culprit.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
I get that sulfur odor in the house when I'm running out of propane.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Could be that you were falling asleep but didn't realize it. You could have been dreaming.
^^^^this^^^^

To the OP: It's a known phenomena, I've had this happen and read about it as well. It's almost like you are on a mind altering drug, a hallucination/lucid dream driven by anxiety. Yes our minds can really do this sort of thing to our perceptions of reality, for real.

Two other things come to mind -
1) Lay off the thought that a demon was visiting you (the sulfur smell) as it is based upon preconceived notions/hollywood like concepts which are not likely to be at all true. If it was a supernatural experience you had (if you are really convinced of that), then I would in your situation try to make it happen again by replicating the circumstances as best as possible but instead of freaking out, stay cool and be observant. If you cannot repeat the event, I would bet it was just a waking-state dream.

Honestly, anyone that claims they know about demons and how they only fear Jesus and have sulfur smells need to get their head out of their butts and do some real research beyond a single religious text of a single religious group. If you would just get control of your mind and think rationally you would realize that this is all crazy silly pumped up fantasy drama. Sure there's evil in this world, but what possible motivation would it have to do what it did to you last night? Fluffing your blankets, bothering your dog and leaving smells... ya that makes sense! *rolling my eyes*

2) You developed a massive sense of anxiety when this happened and I recommend analyzing "the why" behind that (lest you go through the rest of life with this anxiety waiting to rear up again). It would be good to eliminate such paralyzing fear from your mind as it doesn't serve anything positive. Figure out what it was about the smell which made you immediately think of a demon or such and why you even think that is something worth fearing. I point this out to you only to encourage you to purge anxiety from your life.

Best wishes.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:03 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Natural gas and propane are both purposely scented with an additive called mercaptan which smells like rotten eggs (or sulfur). If you have a propane tank, I would have it, and all the appliances it serves) checked for leaks. Same goes for natural gas. Both could cause a huge explosion if ignited by something as seemingly innocent as turning on a light switch or lighting a cigarette. KABOOM!

Other than that, I would go with flatulence on the part of BF or maybe a pet. As far as the blanket moving, I couldn't say what that might be. It would have to be a pretty healthy "poot" to move a blanket!!

Old 11-08-2014, 10:02 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
I would like to make a very important point here.

The human mind has a tendency to see patterns that just aren't there. I cannot explain the blanket moving, but it might be totally unrelated to the sulfur smell. Your mind may be linking them only because you sensed two anomalous things at the same time.

This is an extremely important point, because regardless of the blanket, the people who are telling you that it is a gas leak are far more likely to be right than those who are saying it is a demon. Before you call a medium, call PG&E and they will come out and test it out for you.

It could very well save your life, or at least save you some headaches and fatigue.

POST SCRIPT: And it just occurred to me that if indeed there is a gas leak, it is not out of the question that it caused you to hallucinate the blanket. Perhaps something very ordinary happened with the blanket, like your boyfriend's leg twitched, and the gas made it seem more than it was?

Call PG&E and let your concerned friends here know how it turned out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal