U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2014, 11:49 AM
 
25,736 posts, read 27,320,093 times
Reputation: 24473

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Hey Mathguy.I set out back in the late 90's to debunk this phenomena and i have failed to do so.There is plenty BF stuff going on that you will never hear about. I have a spot in OK that i have taken three guys two and two of them refuse to go back. One was a Wildlife Biologist and he laughed at me all the way to OK. When the action started he started crying on me.

As with others i offer you too to go along with me in Oklahoma. You and i have debated politics in the past.
You can go if you want and bring one friend along. Please don't be smug and have an attitude about this.
What action?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-03-2014, 12:02 PM
 
12,203 posts, read 11,555,146 times
Reputation: 4925
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What action?
Huge long howls. Trees 60 ft tall and 5" in diameter being shook like a man could do a 6ft Christmas tree and stomping around camp just out in the brush out of sight.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
 
59,706 posts, read 46,571,669 times
Reputation: 37006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Hey Mathguy.I set out back in the late 90's to debunk this phenomena and i have failed to do so.There is plenty BF stuff going on that you will never hear about. I have a spot in OK that i have taken three guys two and two of them refuse to go back. One was a Wildlife Biologist and he laughed at me all the way to OK. When the action started he started crying on me.

As with others i offer you too to go along with me in Oklahoma. You and i have debated politics in the past.
You can go if you want and bring one friend along. Please don't be smug and have an attitude about this.
1) You cannot "debunk" the claim. It's logically impossible. For example, how would you prove that unicorns don't exist?

2) You should have no problem getting pictures of the creatures using a trail camera and I'm pretty sure you'd get some huge dollars from any number of cable TV shows for taking them out there and having them film the bigfoots etc.

See, that's entirely my point. There is HUGE HUGE MONEY for verifiable evidence but nobody is collecting. Why aren't you cashing in AND validating your claim at the same time?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2014, 04:42 PM
 
12,203 posts, read 11,555,146 times
Reputation: 4925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) You cannot "debunk" the claim. It's logically impossible. For example, how would you prove that unicorns don't exist?

2) You should have no problem getting pictures of the creatures using a trail camera and I'm pretty sure you'd get some huge dollars from any number of cable TV shows for taking them out there and having them film the bigfoots etc.

See, that's entirely my point. There is HUGE HUGE MONEY for verifiable evidence but nobody is collecting. Why aren't you cashing in AND validating your claim at the same time?


It is a very hard thing to get pictures. There are pictures and i have posted some of them from the past from friends etc.I will not keep defending this. I offered to take you. Are you in or out?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2014, 07:32 PM
 
25,736 posts, read 27,320,093 times
Reputation: 24473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It is a very hard thing to get pictures. There are pictures and i have posted some of them from the past from friends etc.I will not keep defending this. I offered to take you. Are you in or out?
Are you seriously suggesting that people buy a plane ticket to Oklahoma to meet some stranger who posted on an internet forum that he heard loud howls and saw trees shake?

I'm pretty sure you KNOW nobody is going to do that. Would you do that? If I had firm evidence of unicorns, and stated that I had made a wildlife biologist cry, would you go ahead and buy a plane ticket to California?

I don't see why it's "very hard" to get pictures. It's not "very hard" to get at least a few very, very good, very clear pictures of other animals out there...including highly intelligent primates, as well as some seriously hard-core reclusive species. It takes some doing and some tracking, but it gets done.

Yet...not with Bigfoot...apparently the largest primate on the planet (by far).

Why not contact Bobo Fay and Matt Moneymaker and have THEM come out? They do have the money to come out to Oklahoma (and probably have). If you have even the flimsiest of all possible evidence, they'll be on your doorstep toot-sweet. Are you confident enough of your evidence to contact them?

I just Googled Bobo and he's on both Facebook and Twitter...very very easy to contact.

Last edited by JerZ; 11-03-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2014, 07:35 PM
 
25,736 posts, read 27,320,093 times
Reputation: 24473
By the way, did you check those trees that were shaken for hair? Blood? Surely with that drastic an amount of shaking, some ACTUAL evidence would exist. Did you get a look? Did you obtain any samples?

There's no way a 7-foot tall ape-man ripping trees around with supernatural strength would not have left behind some hair during this rather violent process.

Look, I'm not trying to figuratively "shout you down" here. If you have actual, real evidence, like blood or hair that doesn't match any known animal DNA to date at least (I guess we really can't ask for a clear photo), then that would be amazing, and HUGE for the scientific community. But just saying "Oh yeah? Well come to Oklahoma - I made a scientist cry" anonymously to a bunch of strangers who are also anonymous really DOES NOT constitute proof. If you can actually prove it, then prove it - and not by challenging a bunch of strangers do do something you KNOW no reasonable person would ever do (buy a plane ticket to come out and see some dude making claims with zero backup, not even pictures to post). How about your scientist friend? You say he was convinced. Did he contact any colleagues? Make any statements, initiate any studies?

Last edited by JerZ; 11-03-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-03-2014, 09:12 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,813,732 times
Reputation: 25191
The expiration date will be when every single square inch in North America is paved over, but even then there will be people claiming "bigfoot hides in the sewers/caves/underground tunnels they built". It is astonishing how obtuse people can be to facts, and how desperate they are to hold on to some unsubstantiated belief.

Such as a poster here, who keeps claiming E. OK is some remote area where bigfoot can reside in a self sustaining population, without anyone ever obtaining one single piece of proof. E. OK is not even close to being a remote area, certainly not to the scale large enough to hide an animal as large as bigfoot.

Bigfoot supporters operate completely on a fallacy, as in "prove it does not exist". Seriously, hard to get a picture? Photo tech is absolutely amazing and at a reasonable cost, someone can just plaster the area with trail cams and pick something up, but no bigfoot believer will ever do this, because doing so will invalidate their belief and the years of BS they have put out.

Not one single but of evidence has ever been presented; out of all the hunters, hikers, development, bigfoot supporters, etc, over the course years and years, across all of North America, not a hair, tooth, body, bone, absolutely nothing.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 12:28 AM
 
25,736 posts, read 27,320,093 times
Reputation: 24473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I'm waiting for a "small foot" campaign.
Oh, now THAT one was already found.

And that's an extinct species, as compared to the supposedly currently-roaming Homo Superpedalensis.

Which ought to tell us something.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 AM
 
59,706 posts, read 46,571,669 times
Reputation: 37006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It is a very hard thing to get pictures. There are pictures and i have posted some of them from the past from friends etc.I will not keep defending this. I offered to take you. Are you in or out?
In short, you have zero proof other than to invite me to go out into the woods with a complete stranger off the internet to experience "bigfoot".

That's the whole point of this thread. HARD EVIDENCE.

With tens of millions of dollars to be made and literally thousands of people actively hunting for proof plus maybe a million hunters out there....nobody has any clear footage. Just howls or trees shaking or blurry man in a gorilla suit type pictures from a distance. No body. No DNA evidence.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 09:17 AM
 
12,203 posts, read 11,555,146 times
Reputation: 4925
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that people buy a plane ticket to Oklahoma to meet some stranger who posted on an internet forum that he heard loud howls and saw trees shake?

I'm pretty sure you KNOW nobody is going to do that. Would you do that? If I had firm evidence of unicorns, and stated that I had made a wildlife biologist cry, would you go ahead and buy a plane ticket to California?

I don't see why it's "very hard" to get pictures. It's not "very hard" to get at least a few very, very good, very clear pictures of other animals out there...including highly intelligent primates, as well as some seriously hard-core reclusive species. It takes some doing and some tracking, but it gets done.

Yet...not with Bigfoot...apparently the largest primate on the planet (by far).

Why not contact Bobo Fay and Matt Moneymaker and have THEM come out? They do have the money to come out to Oklahoma (and probably have). If you have even the flimsiest of all possible evidence, they'll be on your doorstep toot-sweet. Are you confident enough of your evidence to contact them?

I just Googled Bobo and he's on both Facebook and Twitter...very very easy to contact.

Mathguy lives in Ks some where near the Kan/Mo stateline. We have both debated or talked about online several subjects . He knows my screen name is from Mo. etc. I can understand how you would not know that. Thus he doesn't need a plane ticket. We would meet in person before we go to OK.

As fr the shaken tree. No i didn't go to that tree because it is on a very very steep slope and i would have had to go down to it by hanging onto trees one by one to get to it.I HAVE AVERY HARD TIME WALKING WITH A CANE LET ALONE START DOWNHILL IN THE BRUSH (darn caps. sorry) Unless you have been in SE OK you cannot really get a picture of the terrain. I don't need any hair tufts etc. I have seen plenty.

As for Matt Moneymaker. He is known for charging for a trip into an area and they always find some sign or have an experience or so he says. Money Maker did a recent trip into AR. and he made about $15k ff his marks. imo

Most of those so much in the public eye are in it for the cash and rarely contribute anything except BS.
THE ONLY THING THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED IS A BODY.

You will very rightfully be negative about this until you actually get out in the field and get to know some people in the field.

My cousins live in north central Arkansas and he explained this to me. He said"You just want to come down here and get them all stirred up. Everyone knows that you leave them alone then they leave you alone. You start messing with them and they will mess with you."

Why put something out there so as to have people attack what you say?
As for pictures. These blob squatch photos are due to camera shaking and poor quality equipment. I have posted before the equipment list needed for people going to Africa to photo Gorillas. There is very little difference in Africa and the USA in regards to photo equipment. I saw a wildlife photographer on PBS and he stated that he never goes into the woods before noon due to the morning shadows.

Try it out for yourself. Get out there. I just about ignored this thread because i know how MATHGUY posts and this is sure an easy debate to win with just a denial. I suspect it was just a trolling thread.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top