U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2014, 12:14 PM
 
59,385 posts, read 46,409,627 times
Reputation: 36830

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Mathguy lives in Ks some where near the Kan/Mo stateline. We have both debated or talked about online several subjects . He knows my screen name is from Mo. etc. I can understand how you would not know that. Thus he doesn't need a plane ticket. We would meet in person before we go to OK.

As fr the shaken tree. No i didn't go to that tree because it is on a very very steep slope and i would have had to go down to it by hanging onto trees one by one to get to it.I HAVE AVERY HARD TIME WALKING WITH A CANE LET ALONE START DOWNHILL IN THE BRUSH (darn caps. sorry) Unless you have been in SE OK you cannot really get a picture of the terrain. I don't need any hair tufts etc. I have seen plenty.

As for Matt Moneymaker. He is known for charging for a trip into an area and they always find some sign or have an experience or so he says. Money Maker did a recent trip into AR. and he made about $15k ff his marks. imo

Most of those so much in the public eye are in it for the cash and rarely contribute anything except BS.
THE ONLY THING THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED IS A BODY.

You will very rightfully be negative about this until you actually get out in the field and get to know some people in the field.

My cousins live in north central Arkansas and he explained this to me. He said"You just want to come down here and get them all stirred up. Everyone knows that you leave them alone then they leave you alone. You start messing with them and they will mess with you."

Why put something out there so as to have people attack what you say?
As for pictures. These blob squatch photos are due to camera shaking and poor quality equipment. I have posted before the equipment list needed for people going to Africa to photo Gorillas. There is very little difference in Africa and the USA in regards to photo equipment. I saw a wildlife photographer on PBS and he stated that he never goes into the woods before noon due to the morning shadows.

Try it out for yourself. Get out there. I just about ignored this thread because i know how MATHGUY posts and this is sure an easy debate to win with just a denial. I suspect it was just a trolling thread.
It's not a trolling thread.

It's quite honestly the position that with so many people looking and the advances in technology after what period of time is the lack of evidence going to eventually be damning, IF PROOF DOESN'T SHOW UP.

In fact, let me ask you the question from your point of view.

Assuming that they are real, how long before somebody produces solid evidence? If never, why?

P.S. It's not that I'm never wrong, I'd be THRILLED to find out there is such a population....it's just that I've been hearing about this for decades now and nobody has turned up any proof.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-04-2014, 12:44 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,527,374 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's not a trolling thread.

It's quite honestly the position that with so many people looking and the advances in technology after what period of time is the lack of evidence going to eventually be damning, IF PROOF DOESN'T SHOW UP.

In fact, let me ask you the question from your point of view.

Assuming that they are real, how long before somebody produces solid evidence? If never, why?

P.S. It's not that I'm never wrong, I'd be THRILLED to find out there is such a population....it's just that I've been hearing about this for decades now and nobody has turned up any proof.
I don't have an answer for that. I do know that anyone with any outdoor skills that can actually get out and find some facts for them self will come back and say that there is a lot more to this than a person thinks. Get away from the computer and get out in the field in areas that others talk about. Once you get to know a few people then you will really get interested by this after they talk with you for awhile. I can without a doubt say that getting out and experiencing some things will really perk your interest.Don't be looking a things and try to make them BF related. Go at it with the attitude that this is not BF related at all. There is solid evidence but very few get to see it. Definitely if you are an arm chair researcher. When you go to a zoo take your camera and get photos of chimps in foliage and you will see why you are seeing only blobsquatchs.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,795 posts, read 4,510,220 times
Reputation: 11012
So Versatile, what do you suggest for those of us demanding a higher standard of proof? Just go away and keep quiet because we don't share your experiences or have a good reason to take them as gospel (which apparently makes us trolls)? Spend time and money we can't afford traipsing around the woods with you while (for all we know) your colleagues do whoops and shake trees?

What about all of those people who spend a lot of time in the woods and *don't* come back saying "there's a lot more to this than a person thinks?" If you claim they're all hiding the truth, where's you're evidence of that?

By the way, getting to know people who claim to have seen things as you suggest isn't real proof. Back when I did clinical work, I had plenty of clients who saw and heard things. That doesn't mean those things were objectively real, or that they weren't misinterpreting the evidence of their senses.

So where's all this solid evidence that none of us have seen that if we "got out more" we'd be privy to (and which you alone of us has apparently seen)?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 PM
 
59,385 posts, read 46,409,627 times
Reputation: 36830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I don't have an answer for that. I do know that anyone with any outdoor skills that can actually get out and find some facts for them self will come back and say that there is a lot more to this than a person thinks. Get away from the computer and get out in the field in areas that others talk about. Once you get to know a few people then you will really get interested by this after they talk with you for awhile. I can without a doubt say that getting out and experiencing some things will really perk your interest.Don't be looking a things and try to make them BF related. Go at it with the attitude that this is not BF related at all. There is solid evidence but very few get to see it. Definitely if you are an arm chair researcher. When you go to a zoo take your camera and get photos of chimps in foliage and you will see why you are seeing only blobsquatchs.
So in short, all of the solid evidence cannot be conveyed by any sort of modern camera etc.

Ok, if we accept that fact then why is there no DNA proof or body?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 PM
 
14,056 posts, read 20,286,898 times
Reputation: 23622
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Since you can't prove a negative...probably not!
That's simply an idiom, just a saying. You can indeed prove a negative via controlled tests per some logic experts and mathematicians.
Beyond that, I think Big Foot was plausable into the 1970's, maybe the 80's. But today, with the satellite technology, DNA technology that was able to evaluate every set of bones and skulls out there claiming to be bones of Sasquatch, camera technology (beyond the blurry photos), the expansion of human settlement, etc.....I think, sadly, at this point it's conclusive that Big Foot does not exist.

I want to believe, but...alas....

Last edited by Dd714; 11-04-2014 at 09:25 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-04-2014, 09:34 PM
 
14,056 posts, read 20,286,898 times
Reputation: 23622
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The expiration date will be when every single square inch in North America is paved over, but even then there will be people claiming "bigfoot hides in the sewers/caves/underground tunnels they built". It is astonishing how obtuse people can be to facts, and how desperate they are to hold on to some unsubstantiated belief. .
Indeed. What is ignored is almost the entire wilderness, every square mile, every square foot, east of the Mississippi has sadly, not paved over, but totally logged barren at one time or another by the turn of the 19th century. There are very few patches of natural forest. There is no way Bigfoot would have survived. The brown bear did not survive in the east and just barely hung on in the west, the buffalo did not survive in the east...or the west. The smaller Deer and black bear did, but by adapting to be very open scavangers to human settlement (raiding trash dumps and gardens) to the point of being pest animals. They are very visible.
But an hidden large creature like BigFoot? It's just not feasible.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-05-2014, 08:35 AM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,527,374 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
So Versatile, what do you suggest for those of us demanding a higher standard of proof? Just go away and keep quiet because we don't share your experiences or have a good reason to take them as gospel (which apparently makes us trolls)? Spend time and money we can't afford traipsing around the woods with you while (for all we know) your colleagues do whoops and shake trees?

What about all of those people who spend a lot of time in the woods and *don't* come back saying "there's a lot more to this than a person thinks?" If you claim they're all hiding the truth, where's you're evidence of that?

By the way, getting to know people who claim to have seen things as you suggest isn't real proof. Back when I did clinical work, I had plenty of clients who saw and heard things. That doesn't mean those things were objectively real, or that they weren't misinterpreting the evidence of their senses.

So where's all this solid evidence that none of us have seen that if we "got out more" we'd be privy to (and which you alone of us has apparently seen)?

I have no suggestions for you and you can go away or not it won't change my life one bit. I am not asking nor telling you to do anything. I told you some straight up facts. Your choice to believe or deny.
One thing is set in stone. NO GUTS NO GLORY.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-05-2014, 11:09 AM
 
59,385 posts, read 46,409,627 times
Reputation: 36830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have no suggestions for you and you can go away or not it won't change my life one bit. I am not asking nor telling you to do anything. I told you some straight up facts. Your choice to believe or deny.
One thing is set in stone. NO GUTS NO GLORY.
Don't take it personally because we don't take the word of someone off the internet as "fact" and "proof".

There are a lot of people making the claim, some of which you yourself have alluded to being full of it....not to mention all of the ones that got caught in hoaxes.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-05-2014, 01:27 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,527,374 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't take it personally because we don't take the word of someone off the internet as "fact" and "proof".

There are a lot of people making the claim, some of which you yourself have alluded to being full of it....not to mention all of the ones that got caught in hoaxes.
Of course there are quite q few hoaxers. This thread is a good example of why no one with any proof wants to say anything. I posted the info i have and to me i know to be true and you can see the replies. Nothing but a body will prove it.

Once again i say get away from the computer and get out there and experience this for your self.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-05-2014, 07:22 PM
 
2,775 posts, read 3,259,599 times
Reputation: 3026
The search for Bigfoot has been revealed to have been begun by a known liar. Since then nearly every item presented as evidence has been proven to come from other liars. In the attempt to find real/new evidence with modern technology, not a single thing has been found and yet other liars have come out of the woodwork to claim they know Bigfoot personally and somehow Bigfoot can detect EMF and avoid all detection equipment. It's all a farce and has been from the beginning.

There is indeed evidence that Neanderthals lived side by side with Homo Sapiens not too long ago (in the grand scheme of things), but today, in this information and technologically filled surveillance age nothing has supported the case for Bigfoot. Some famous hunters and at least one scientist claim they have "heard something bipedal" that could have been Bigfoot, but that is it.

People love to believe in dramatic and fantastic things, Sasquatch wandering nearby but out of sight when we are camping is one of those things. The search for Sasquatch expired years ago in my opinion.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top