U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-05-2014, 08:53 PM
 
59,334 posts, read 46,378,509 times
Reputation: 36799

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Of course there are quite q few hoaxers. This thread is a good example of why no one with any proof wants to say anything. I posted the info i have and to me i know to be true and you can see the replies. Nothing but a body will prove it.

Once again i say get away from the computer and get out there and experience this for your self.
Why would that do me any good?

You can't produce a shred of hard proof and you claim to know exactly where they are.

Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-05-2014, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
7,064 posts, read 3,529,932 times
Reputation: 3409
OK so lets for a moment assume that the man I was talking about really did see a large biped which threw rocks towards him while hunting in a remote part of Alaska (or somewhere north). What possible explanations could there be? Brown bears walking upright would be hard to misidentify, or would they be? Have they been known to throw rocks or pieces of timber? We have all seen video footage of bipedal black bear, most notably the three legged one with a club. But there was the one in the distance which walked upright quite some way. That one was identified as a black bear by some expert in the field but it sure looked like a big foot in the distant scrub.

I tend not to doubt folks who say they have heard or witnessed strange things. It's just that as Mathguy says, it's not proof to to those who have not witnessed or experienced anything strange.

Lack of evidence is not really unexpected. How would anybody be able to find big foot hair in the woods? How many people have found any creatures hair in the woods? Faeces is another hard one. I've been in the woods where other folks go quite often (not in 'big foot' territory though) and have never come across a pile of human crap. Not on the trails anyway. Deer crap on game trails and human pathways so their presence is easily detected.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 05:31 AM
 
19,284 posts, read 25,827,432 times
Reputation: 37385
its intriguing to me for the possibility of finding a bigfoot someday, just as it is that we have been visited by aliens

this is very amusing to hear experts discuss how they sound, what they eat,
and other behaviors, when they may not even exist..

why do people buy books based on fiction, why do people go see scary movies- why do people play fantasy games that aren't real?? we spend billions to be spoofed, amused, entertained, intrigued,

to me bigfoot is modern folklore, and it may be a spoof, but like spirits, psychics, aliens, - I read over 70% of the population believes in spirits - even tho they have never been proven..

my science teacher in high school brought up the existence in bigfoot, and if any of us kids saw the bigfoot (Patterson) film,,,
all us kids saw it but no one wanted to raise there hand and admit they believe in it ,,,because they would be ridiculed
but the point he made was - he of course doesn't believe in it - but he's going to leave the door open at 5% that it could exist ...because we cant be so arrogant and pretentious we think we know everything
"even with all our technology and wisdom,,,,we sent a man to the moon,,,but we still don't know how they built something 3500 yrs ago - the pyramids

he also asked the class about aliens - no one again admitted to believing in them, and again, he said he left the possibility at 10 % this time because "just because we don't seeit doesn't mean it doesn't exist"
if the universe is infinite- never ends,,then there could be thousands or millions of earths out there



id love to hear someday bigfoot exists, they finally have proof, but part of me thinks it would be sad to shoot one of these animals,,,and the other part is....... the ongoing debate would end, and some amusement and entertaining would be gone
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 09:34 AM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,521,456 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why would that do me any good?

You can't produce a shred of hard proof and you claim to know exactly where they are.


I thought you would be above this. IMO this is a trolling thread. Just as i suspected from the beginning.

This just put you in the same position as you were using against me.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-06-2014 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: to note the same position.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 01:23 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,753,405 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
OK so lets for a moment assume that the man I was talking about really did see a large biped which threw rocks towards him while hunting in a remote part of Alaska (or somewhere north). What possible explanations could there be? Brown bears walking upright would be hard to misidentify, or would they be? Have they been known to throw rocks or pieces of timber? We have all seen video footage of bipedal black bear, most notably the three legged one with a club. But there was the one in the distance which walked upright quite some way. That one was identified as a black bear by some expert in the field but it sure looked like a big foot in the distant scrub.

I tend not to doubt folks who say they have heard or witnessed strange things. It's just that as Mathguy says, it's not proof to to those who have not witnessed or experienced anything strange.

Lack of evidence is not really unexpected. How would anybody be able to find big foot hair in the woods? How many people have found any creatures hair in the woods? Faeces is another hard one. I've been in the woods where other folks go quite often (not in 'big foot' territory though) and have never come across a pile of human crap. Not on the trails anyway. Deer crap on game trails and human pathways so their presence is easily detected.
But was a person looking for bear hair? If a person is not looking specifically for something, they often are not going to find it. If a person was looking for evidence of bears, they would research what to look for, and go out and find it, with that, there is more than enough evidence to show that bears exist.

Out of the many decades, development, hunters, hikers, etc, if bigfoot existed, there would be solid proof by now. We are not talking about some rare, 1 inch big frog or something, this is suppose to be a rather large creature, pretty darn difficult to hide from such numerous possible encounters; there would be at least once, solid piece of evidence uncovered by now.

But as you see, all we get is "come out and see for yourself" "I will not show evidence because you will just laugh", blah blah blah. Yea, as if the possibility of uncovering a creature such as bigfoot would not attract every darn scientists and researcher in the world, but fact is they know bigfoot does not exist, so they will not waste their time. It is like stating pink unicorns exist, but you must come out and see for yourself, come on down to Miami, they are out there!

Bigfoot supporters will never conduct a full search, because by doing so, they will disprove what they have been supporting. Nothing prevents plastering this E. OK area full of trail cams and dozens of searchers to comb the area, to the point not allowing anything to pass through unnoticed, especially the claimed size of bigfoot. You could rent helicopters and drones to fly around to assist in spotting bigfoot as well.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,788 posts, read 4,505,844 times
Reputation: 10998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Of course there are quite q few hoaxers. This thread is a good example of why no one with any proof wants to say anything. I posted the info i have and to me i know to be true and you can see the replies. Nothing but a body will prove it.
Yeah, having a body is called objective evidence. I'm currently reading a book by Marjorie Johnson called "Seeing Fairies". It's basically a large set of first person accounts by people who claim to have had contact with fairies, sprites, boggarts, etc. Some of these may be tall tales, others sound like the honest recounting of experiences the recounters can't explain.

Don't believe it? I suggest you get out from behind your computer and spend a few weeks in English country gardens where these long lost relatives of ours apparently live, even today!

Point is: these stories of the fey recount experiences, but they're not sufficient objective evidence to convince someone like myself that fairies objectively exist. I have no way of knowing whether these stories recount real experiences, some altered state of consciousness, misinterpretation of everyday experiences, or a temporary psychotic episode. But many of these people believed in the reality of their experiences.

Ditto with bigfoot accounts here and elsewhere. Accounts of personal experiences isn't scientific evidence, whether you're talking about fairies or large bipeds.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 03:00 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,521,456 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
But was a person looking for bear hair? If a person is not looking specifically for something, they often are not going to find it. If a person was looking for evidence of bears, they would research what to look for, and go out and find it, with that, there is more than enough evidence to show that bears exist.

Out of the many decades, development, hunters, hikers, etc, if bigfoot existed, there would be solid proof by now. We are not talking about some rare, 1 inch big frog or something, this is suppose to be a rather large creature, pretty darn difficult to hide from such numerous possible encounters; there would be at least once, solid piece of evidence uncovered by now.

But as you see, all we get is "come out and see for yourself" "I will not show evidence because you will just laugh", blah blah blah. Yea, as if the possibility of uncovering a creature such as bigfoot would not attract every darn scientists and researcher in the world, but fact is they know bigfoot does not exist, so they will not waste their time. It is like stating pink unicorns exist, but you must come out and see for yourself, come on down to Miami, they are out there!

Bigfoot supporters will never conduct a full search, because by doing so, they will disprove what they have been supporting. Nothing prevents plastering this E. OK area full of trail cams and dozens of searchers to comb the area, to the point not allowing anything to pass through unnoticed, especially the claimed size of bigfoot. You could rent helicopters and drones to fly around to assist in spotting bigfoot as well.


Thank you for your delightful commentary.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,521,456 times
Reputation: 4915
Here is a well known location in Lamar county Texas near Paris Texas in NE TX. Go to Pat Mayes lake in Lamar County. Go into Pat Mays West. Free camping,boat ramp,toilets and picnic tables. There are quite a few people that go here during evenings just to hear the Howling off in the distance. YMMV
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 04:39 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,521,456 times
Reputation: 4915
Does anyone know what is called a Haddick?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 PM
 
11,141 posts, read 9,005,241 times
Reputation: 18283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Here is a well known location in Lamar county Texas near Paris Texas in NE TX. Go to Pat Mayes lake in Lamar County. Go into Pat Mays West. Free camping,boat ramp,toilets and picnic tables. There are quite a few people that go here during evenings just to hear the Howling off in the distance. YMMV
It was in that very area, in the mid-1960's, before Pat Mayse Lake was created, that many ranchers and rural residents reported strange sightings and happenings.
I was a teenager at the time, living about 15 miles north of there, in SE OK. My close friends had ranching relatives who lived near the Chicota area (where Pay Mayse is now). I would go with them to spend some weekends there with their cousins. I vividly remember the older (middle-age) relatives and their neighbors discussing these happenings, which included sightings of large "bear-like" creatures, calves gone missing, trampled brush around their fields, dogs getting all excited in the middle of the night, strange howls and other sounds, etc. They were all convinced some large, strange creature(s) lurked in the woods around their pastures.

It made a big impression on me, how seriously these folks discussed the events.

They were some of the most down-to-earth people you could ever meet. Their big concern was for their cattle, which was their livelihood. No one at that time, in that area at least, had ever heard the term "bigfoot" or "sasquatch". They just called them the "creatures". The Paris (TX) newspaper ran several articles on it, with pictures and interviews of persons who had seen or experienced these strange happenings.

For those unfamiliar with the area, there are tens of thousands of acres of fields, timberland, and bottomland there, as well as hundreds of miles of rivers, creeks, and tributaries. Some of these waterways drain into the Sulphur River. The Sulphur River is the main river in the Fouke AR area, which was made famous in the 1972 movie "Boggy Creek Monster". Events in that movie reportedly happened during the mid 1960s, around the same time as the events in the Chicota (Pat Mayse) area.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top