U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2014, 02:46 PM
 
2,181 posts, read 2,316,563 times
Reputation: 3159

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
All I can say I hope there is intelligent life out there. It scares the bejesus out of me to think humans might be the most intelligent species in the universe.
Anyone who thinks we are the only intelligent self aware physical beings in the universe is dumb. I guarantee you, we aren't anything unique or inherently special. On planets orbiting stars similar to ours, at a similar distance away, etc etc., life will do the same thing it did here.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 11-18-2014 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Even edited curse words are against the TOS...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2014, 03:28 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,813,732 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Anyone who thinks we are the only intelligent self aware physical beings in the universe is dumb. I guarantee you, we aren't anything unique or inherently special. On planets orbiting stars similar to ours, at a similar distance away, etc etc., life will do the same thing it did here.
How are you going to guarantee? You have proof no one else has or something?

Humans are the only species on Earth with our capabilities, no other species has ever come close to humans' tech development in all of the history of the Earth; that is out of how many species of living things?

If to believe in the theory of evolution, there is a very small chance of intelligent life to the level of a human existing anywhere else, just has humans are the only species on Earth with this advance capabilities.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 11-18-2014 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: editing other post
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2014, 04:15 PM
 
2,181 posts, read 2,316,563 times
Reputation: 3159
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
How are you going to guarantee? You have proof no one else has or something?

Humans are the only species on Earth with our capabilities, no other species has ever come close to humans' tech development in all of the history of the Earth; that is out of how many species of living things?

If to believe in the theory of evolution, there is a very small chance of intelligent life to the level of a human existing anywhere else, just has humans are the only species on Earth with this advance capabilities.
Do you have any inkling of how many life sustaining planets there are in each galaxy, and how many galaxies are in the universe?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2014, 05:27 PM
 
18 posts, read 20,242 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That story is 25 years old. He's obviously Bat Man by now.
lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2014, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Washington state
5,620 posts, read 3,317,040 times
Reputation: 17374
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

If to believe in the theory of evolution, there is a very small chance of intelligent life to the level of a human existing anywhere else, just has humans are the only species on Earth with this advance capabilities.
That's exactly what I meant. It's not the intelligence of humans that worry me, it's the incredible stupidity of the human race that makes me hope we're not the only beings in the universe.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
 
18,094 posts, read 15,813,732 times
Reputation: 25191
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Do you have any inkling of how many life sustaining planets there are in each galaxy, and how many galaxies are in the universe?
Yes, but that does not mean any of them have life that is as intelligent as humans. Even here on Earth, humans are a recent development, we are the only species ever in Earth history with this amount of intelligence, and that is only thanks to a meteor we are even here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2014, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,445 posts, read 12,408,824 times
Reputation: 28299
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, but that does not mean any of them have life that is as intelligent as humans...
They probably landed here, looked around, and said "Shhh... let's just tiptoe back to the ship and get the heck outta here - those things look like trouble."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top