U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:16 PM

65 posts, read 72,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Cigars, pipe smoke, cigarette smoke, perfume...all sometimes part of a haunting.
Yes, that is what I am thinking I think our Mom is following us, but sometimes it smells like she has made friends and has brought them along for a visit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 AM

I thought you people believed in spirits and the paranormal.
What are you talking about!?
I am not an idiot.
There is no other explanation but a spirit.
I just wanted to know if anyone else on here has had such experiences?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:54 AM

13,617 posts, read 22,239,600 times
No - there are other explanations. When I get dehydrated I often smell cigarettes. I don't know why, but it always happens. (I'm not much of a water drinker...)

Old 11-25-2014, 02:01 AM

Really, everyone in my apartment all at the same time is dehydrated?

Old 11-25-2014, 02:25 AM

13,617 posts, read 22,239,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123tinad View Post
Really, everyone in my apartment all at the same time is dehydrated?
Yes -- absolutely every one in your apartment is dehydrated.

Come on. You want it to be a message from your mother, and you came on here and found out we think it could be other things. It could be people walking by your building smoking. Or driving by smoking. That's another thing that happens to me.

It could be many things.... which you don't want to hear.

A few weeks after my mom died, and my husband thought he had a stroke, but it was Bell's Palsy, our home theatre system started turning on at night and playing the intro music to the Venture Brothers. We had a 6 disc changer DVD player. I'd wake up every night hearing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aNRM8tQ7nw

playing lowly in the background, over and over. This went on for WEEKS until the darn thing died, and my husband opened it up to find pounds of cat hair in it.

Although we joked about it -- I never seriously considered it being my mother playing the Venture Brothers. Pretty much knew it was a short somewhere in the system.

I'm a strong believer in when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras. Eliminate the obvious before you reach for the paranormal. Which I think people are saying here.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:42 AM

21,124 posts, read 22,060,075 times
Quote:
I thought you people believed in spirits and the paranormal.
What are you talking about!?
I am not an idiot.
There is no other explanation but a spirit.
I just wanted to know if anyone else on here has had such experiences?
Even though your ' mystery' has been explained, as far as I'm concerned (long history of smokers in the house) obviously you'd prefer to think it's a haunting, so bye and enjoy.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:09 AM

35,104 posts, read 44,308,881 times
Quote:
We have been here for over 3 years and we haven't been around anyone who smokes or no new clothing or furniture.
No reason I can figure but my smoking ghost Mom.
Actually my brother keeps saying he thinks it might be our Mom.
She smoked like a fiend.
But she knew how much we didn't like it so I can't figure out why she is trying to annoy us so much.

We used to have it at the last place we were at too just in certain spots in the house.
Normally where we spend most of our time.
The living room and around our computer.
It is possible your Mother's Spirit (they don't like to be referred to as ghosts) is stopping by but it really isn't to annoy you, it is to let you know she is near. If she used any other scent you would not know it was her.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 AM

21,124 posts, read 22,060,075 times
LOL.
Why do some people come on as if they're asking for opinions but have really just made up their minds and want to tell their story?

Old 11-25-2014, 07:13 AM

I guess I mistook this forum for believers of the paranormal, and thought I would have some support and we would all share our stories.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:27 AM

11,829 posts, read 9,748,560 times
Okay, so maybe it's a message from your mother. If you find that comforting, that's great, and I can understand. But...if there are other possibilities, perhaps you might also consider them.

Such as the extremely obvious: you live in an apartment building. Do other residents, in particular your close neighbors, smoke? Is the heating/cooling system completely separate for each apartment? Did the former residents in your apartment smoke? Is there some overlooked area of your apartment which did not get completely cleaned, repainted, etc. (as others have suggested)?

It's not necessary to harshly insult other posters who've suggested earthly explanations as possibilities. Again, if it's comforting for you to perceive this situation as a message from beyond from your mother, you are free to hold to that interpretation. Just don't shoot down messengers who may see other possibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal