U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 01:42 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,387,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
OP must be a avid read.
Maybe not the Op but I got what you said. Any avid reader "knows" anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,890,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I'll be honest with you. No problem. Your mother wouldn't come through like this and smoking a pack of cigarettes to bring you down. So, it's pretty unfeasible.
Well, not necessarily. Any apparition will impress on your mind "hallucinations" that make themselves known to you. For example they will appear to you dressed familiarly or use their voice as it was, even though presumably they should be naked or have no body whatsoever, and have no voice without vocal chords,
after they've left those things behind. Furthermore they sometimes seem to be at the age when they were healthiest, rather than as they died.

I have no idea of how this mechanism of translation from one state to the other might happen ..... but it does.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:59 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,387,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Well, not necessarily. Any apparition will impress on your mind "hallucinations" that make themselves known to you. For example they will appear to you dressed familiarly or use their voice as it was, even though presumably they should be naked or have no body whatsoever, and have no voice without vocal chords,
after they've left those things behind. Furthermore they sometimes seem to be at the age when they were healthiest, rather than as they died.

I have no idea of how this mechanism of translation from one state to the other might happen ..... but it does.
Yes, it does. I removed myself from that six months ago... mainly because i was tired of the small aggravations. I mean, I get tired of all the small stuff and trying to figure it out. So, if someone comes through they better have a damn good reason and present some clear understanding. I've smelled cologne in the past.( here and there)

So, if this was the mom .. mom usually only comes through in crisis or new arrivals or mine does. Actually my mom didn't come through, I had to go to her but I've other family members that have contacted me ( in spurts) but the cigarette smoke.. I doubt, and sounds like a former tenant. ( if it's anybody) My grandmother came through due to a crisis but it wasn't about me but ultimately, I had to take of it, so.. that was the reason for that.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:54 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,795,102 times
Paint, Wood, Drywall and even Concrete is porous. Smells in multiple forms will find ways to get through the typical building materials.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:32 AM

65 posts, read 73,050 times
Default Why then this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Paint, Wood, Drywall and even Concrete is porous. Smells in multiple forms will find ways to get through the typical building materials.
Why did we not smell this smoke for a couple of years then just off and on in a couple of small areas of the apartment and we live in the bottom apt.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:00 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,795,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123tinad View Post
Why did we not smell this smoke for a couple of years
Different occupants over the years. Also, guests of said occupants that smoke with out the owners knowing.
Quote:
then just off and on in a couple of small areas of the apartment and we live in the bottom apt.
Smells can soak into the pores of building materials over long periods of time, then when weather/temperature changes occur, these pores will fluctuate and release whatever odors are inside of them. Bottom apartments can still be affected by these occurrences.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:04 PM

2,687 posts, read 1,976,876 times
If you have wood in the apartment (and I'm going out on a limb and guessing you must have at least some), wood holds the scent of smoke for years, even centuries. When conditions are right (pressure, humidity, temperature), you can smell it.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 AM

735 posts, read 821,519 times
Quote:
I thought you people believed in spirits and the paranormal.
What are you talking about!?
I am not an idiot.
There is no other explanation but a spirit.
I just wanted to know if anyone else on here has had such experiences?
I sometimes smell cigarette smoke, cigar smoke, roses or other flowers, and sometimes food in my house and varieties of other odors of unknown origin at other people's places. My house has ghosts and so do some others I've smelled the odors of unknown origin in.

There's a big difference between tobacco smoke odor that's currently lit and smoke that is old & settled into objects. I used to be a smoker, so I know the difference, and the smoke odors from unknown origin I spoke of is fresh, not the kind stained into objects.

Also, back before I got attacked in a weird way by a malevolent spirit entity, I kept smelling a foul stench of something rotting over a span of around a month at the location where it attacked me. I also recall a news report years later about a foul stench of unknown origin at the local airport, and it had me thinking maybe one of the same entities was lingering at the airport. I was tempted to go see if the odor was the same, but I didn't get around to it.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:31 AM

Yes, I understand.
I am sorry you got attacked.
Any other experiences lately?

Old 12-19-2014, 12:32 AM

Default Why does the smell come and go then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
If you have wood in the apartment (and I'm going out on a limb and guessing you must have at least some), wood holds the scent of smoke for years, even centuries. When conditions are right (pressure, humidity, temperature), you can smell it.
I haven't been smelling it lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal