U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,657 times

Advertisements

Unsolved Mysteries: Listed Below are ten of the most intriguing mysteries in the world That remains unsolved Up to this day.

Phaistos Disc
Aluminum Wedge of Aiud
Voynich Manuscript
Kryptos
Lost city of Atlantis
Shugborough inscription
Georgia Guidestones
Jack the Ripper
Bermuda Triangle
The Wow! Signal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARIxjX8sMHc
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 11:00 AM

6,232 posts, read 6,822,908 times
You forgot WOMEN!

Old 11-27-2014, 02:06 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,383,958 times
I looked at the WOW! Signal. That is pretty wild. It doesn't surprise me that it was around the constellation of Sagittarius because for some reason, Leo and Sagittarius should be twins, but not intimately but more on a congenial understanding. The signal came in on August and it was around the constellation of Sagittarius. August is Leo..Sag is December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSWDzd2cDU

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-27-2014 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: video

Old 11-27-2014, 02:50 PM

11,564 posts, read 14,598,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I looked at the WOW! Signal. That is pretty wild. It doesn't surprise me that it was around the constellation of Sagittarius because for some reason, Leo and Sagittarius should be twins, but not intimately but more on a congenial understanding. The signal came in on August and it was around the constellation of Sagittarius. August is Leo..Sag is December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcSWDzd2cDU
The WOW! signal was sure an interesting one.

There is also the Voynich manuscript:

Voynich manuscript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Toynbee tiles:

Toynbee tiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lead masks case

Lead Masks Case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crashed ship on the Moon

Enormous Spaceship discovered on the Moon remains a mystery! |UFO Sightings Hotspot

Spring heeled Jack

Spring-heeled Jack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-27-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I can only concentrate on one a time. I'll look at the Voynich manuscript
next if it's online. I am sure it is.. I'll see what i can make out it.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:08 PM

Is the book online? Voynich manuscript

Old 11-27-2014, 03:23 PM

Here it is right here.. The first thing is whoever wrote it, the ink is applied with no real emotion ( which is weird) It almost makes it boring to look at.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:11 PM

I can't make out the words.. but i think it's a lay-out for a new building or a new empire. It actually generates from this area right here. ( My opinion.. more like a sun-dial) It's as if whoever was creating all the stars was looking down through something. Or observing what they were seeing as if they were over something and seeing people/botanical new developments on the ground. A big emphasis on fertility, here. It seems they wanted females from every different sign ( Pisces, Taurus.. etc) so this would indicate a new beginning. It perhaps was written by someone that was sterile and could not bear children.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 11-27-2014 at 04:21 PM..

Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,307,491 times
I know nothing about the VM but when I saw the plant it does kind of remind me of one that I saw in a book about Tirol, so it doesn't surprise me if it does come from that region (or "northern Italy") as wikipedia article suggests. If it's a hoax or not, who knows. But here I will make up a hypothetical scenario:

In some monastery, the Gothic language continued to be spoken and written long after it was thought to have died out in Europe (there is tenuous evidence to suggest that it survived in the Crimea until the 16th century). Over the centuries the language and writing style gradually evolved as it was passed on from one generation to the next in this one isolated location. No one on the outside could have known of it's existence, and for the monks it was a perfect means to keep their secrets secret and was an added way in which they could demonstrate a detachment from the outside world. Then some sort of catastrophe visited this small group and all died out or lost their understanding of the "secret" language. Most of the manuscripts were destroyed, save for this one and perhaps a few more. If more survived most were probably lost during the turmoils of the Reformation and subsequent wars, until we have only this one. Maybe there are one or two others - like the recently discovered Shakespeare manuscript - which was always there but no one seems to have cared or understood its unique importance.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:27 PM

That was pretty good, Ken S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal