U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 05:17 AM

6,934 posts, read 10,826,383 times

Advertisements

Karma is a lovely fact of life. What you put out there, will come back to you. I've seen it time and time again. It's the great equalizer. Almost as close to divine justice as death. Just treat people right and do the right thing and you will have a good life with wonderful karma. If you choose to do the wrong thing, well good luck with that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 04:39 PM

10,900 posts, read 12,396,274 times
What about the karma of terrible crimes? I really don't believe the victim was a perpetrator in another life. That type of karmic "reasoning" doesn't feel honest to me at all. Or, child abuse. Or, 100 other types of things. So, when people say karma for really horrible things that happen, I say BS--really BS. There might be something to it, but it's more complicated than we can figure out.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:53 PM

1,325 posts, read 1,314,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What about the karma of terrible crimes? I really don't believe the victim was a perpetrator in another life. That type of karmic "reasoning" doesn't feel honest to me at all. Or, child abuse. Or, 100 other types of things. So, when people say karma for really horrible things that happen, I say BS--really BS. There might be something to it, but it's more complicated than we can figure out.

I was wondering about that. Since I couldn't fully remember what I had been told about there being no bad karma, I just pulled up an article about it on a Buddhist site. There it says no such thing as bad or good karma; there's only karma. Hmmmm.....

Old 12-05-2014, 09:42 PM

19,364 posts, read 14,896,231 times
There is so much under the surface...in every interaction.
Our logic actually is a pale attempt to see the whole picture...most can not.

I just deleted a whole story. I realized it was too long and too personal.
I will just say...in 2 instances I have found out the lesson that was for me to learn...
a lesson like molding my character.
From the outside looking in...these 2 people were MEAN, cruel, just terrible to me, wow....but now I know why they were.
And, boy were they ever part of a process...just for me...tailor made.
I am so grateful to them...now that I got who they were in my life.

I have had many bad things happen to me...many, I knew why they happened...
but these 2 I actually remembered my relationship with them in a past life.

I also understand it is hard for people to understand ...What? You remembered?...Yup...and it was extremely humbling...extremely.
A life filled with unforgiveness...turned to humility in a moment!

Old 12-06-2014, 07:41 AM

13,510 posts, read 15,697,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I don't believe in the concept called "karma". I think it's woo.
Karma is a concept that is part of the fabric of various cultures and religions in Asia, and its interpretation even there depends upon which culture, which religion, etc. you are talking about.

The New Age cafeteria movement in the West plucked it out of those contexts and plunked it down on the all-you-can-eat free buffet made of gobbets and giblets from here there and everywhere. Thus, in the West "karma" is largely a label without a context and can be slapped onto almost anything, so unless the person using it goes beyond just bandying the label around it is impossible to know what it's supposed to mean. Another out-of-context label beloved in the West is "Zen," and another is "Tao."

These trendy push button terms remind me of the myriad room deodorizers that are more appalling than what they cover up.

No doubt there will eventually be a thread on the "The Zen of Karma Tao."

Whatever happened to just plain, "Don't know."

Old 12-10-2014, 03:51 AM

20,329 posts, read 23,920,887 times
You'll never be able to prove the incidents of Karma, all you can do is speculate. In league with this: we always pay for the sins of our fathers, in some form or another.

I view 9/11 as an act of Karma, even though the Vietnamese weren't responsible for it!

A bad cop, somewhere, IMO, produces bad Karma for the entire police force, and when a really good cop gets killed some day, well, too bad Karma doesn't have better eyes! And what does Karma see? A police officer!

At work, I saw a really quick Karma turnaround, with such speed! Charge Nurse fires an Aide for sleeping on the job, 6 months later, she gets fired for sleeping on the job!

How we treated the Native American Indians and killed off so many!!! In Mexico, you can run into Mexicans in various percentage of Native American Indian blood, the majority of them have it! And with all these illegals coming across the Border, replenishment of the Native American stock? Punishment for our sins? Paying for the sins of our fathers?

All those years of Slavery and discrimination in the South! Payments? Karma still unfolding? More to come?

Karma would be good, in the sense that if we believed in it more, we'd try to avoid producing bad karma.

I know, in India, which I've been to a couple times, they live and breathe it! Those happy, smiling, poverty-stricken Indians, they firmly believe they'll be born rich some day! And the rich Indians? "I better enjoy every minute of this luxurious life because I know what's coming next!"

Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 AM

19,364 posts, read 14,896,231 times
Karma or what goes around comes around is the easiest thing to witness.
Steal something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal