U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 07:24 AM

19,371 posts, read 14,910,713 times

Advertisements

Just wondering.
I used to see it as a slap on the wrist, as in 'Uh-oh'.

Now, I just see it as God's way or the Universe's way of teaching...and
that teaching is a great thing.

We all want to grow and advance.
So if we hurt someone, it is important that we be hurt also so we can feel
how awful it feels and we don't do that again! Pretty simple system!

I see it as a purification ...I also see that we can get or be closer to our Source or
Father Creator as we become purer in heart....
kinder, gentler, more loving, giving...you know.

Just thought karma gets a bad rap.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 11:55 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,761,574 times
Karma goes both ways 'good' and 'bad' as we see it. The function of Karma, aside from any lesson, is balance. Balance is a good thing in life.
Often 'we' feel punished by an undesired event, however it is that event that opens up a new doorway. We can choose to see it and walk through, or not.
Fighting Karma, which is really not possible, resisting, makes things more difficult.

So it is not Karma that is 'bad'...it is our selves and the resistance we exert.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:05 PM

17,838 posts, read 8,114,004 times
I always aim to put out good karma. So, I make it a point to treat people the way I want to be treated, show patience with those who try my patience (although I admit to sometimes letting my annoyance show), help out people even in small ways, thank people who think of me and get in touch.

I figure it can't hurt and will, in all likelihood, help in the end to put out good karma

Old 11-30-2014, 02:54 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,486,695 times
I don't believe in the concept called "karma". I think it's woo.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Ye, I am speaking to those that do 'believe' in it.
I won't be defending the existence of it in any way on this particular thread...someone
can start another if they would like to 'explain or defend' it's existence.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I always aim to put out good karma.
So, I make it a point to treat people the way I want to be treated, show patience
with those who try my patience (although I admit to sometimes
letting my annoyance show),
help out people even in small ways, thank people who think of me and get in touch.

Hi BOS,

It is an interesting point to me...this annoyance.
I have witnessed or read about many a high person exhibiting impatience...a form
of annoyance, I think...

Is it a concept we have that we must always be as sweet as apple pie to
everyone including ourselves?
It certainly makes us more popular! People want to be around us, for sure. Ha!

Does it help everyone to not show our annoyance with, say, their extreme closed
mindedness?
Or lack of putting 2+2 together and always bothering us with "But, how do you turn this screwdriver?"...when
they are adults with Master degrees?

Why do I bring this up?

I was very moved by the scene immediately after what is called The Transfiguration.
This is a monumental event...where Jesus reveals his true state...that he is not skin and bones...
but,
as we all are, (!) inside every atom...pure light....
he comes down the hill into what?

A scene of shouting and arguing and finger pointing! Imagine!

And what does he say? (In front of the whole crowd, no less....to his disciples there?)
"How long must I suffer you?

He is fed up with their lack of understanding him and what he has taught them.
Pure and simple...and he shames them for all to hear!

This is not the first x I have read this about great teachers and healers, my role models!

Is annoyance so bad...can it be righteous annoyance...if it hurt another...is that
wrong?
Ooo, we can never hurt anyone's feelings...tho, it could prod them to snap outta
the dream...to wake up!

It is an interesting subject that inside myself I can resolve....all the answers and clarity are
inside us, as those in this group probably know!! Haha!

Old 11-30-2014, 01:05 PM

14,974 posts, read 15,292,528 times
^ Miss Hepburn, very interesting & eye-opening post! I see karma as a constant balancing of + and - energies. I won't define them as good or bad, but more so to describe the duality that exists within each of us. Which I think is a good explaination of why we as people both act and react in certain ways depending on the particular set of circumstances... Of course, being mindful can always help to improve a situation if we chose to think first before we act, and think twice before we react.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:45 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,662,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I've said the same. Primarily we focus on the negative connotation of karmic justice and you'll rarely see it at work in any individuals life, the good or bad they've accumulated, but when you do, it's a beautiful thing.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:12 PM

1,325 posts, read 1,315,579 times
I was told once that there is no such thing as bad karma; karma is all "good karma". To which I thought, "whaaa??" - But once he explained it, I got it. ie: someone does a bad thing. The universe does not seek revenge with 'bad karma'; but rather (good) karma just doesn't pay a visit. Hmmm....

Old 11-30-2014, 11:43 PM

8,452 posts, read 12,878,154 times
In religion, it's expressed as "As you sow, so shall you reap."
In science, it's expressed as "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." (Newton's Third Law)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal