Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:30 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,653,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The second was when I visited London in 2009. I remember thinking to myself how weird it would be if I bumped into someone I knew while I was so far away from home, 5 minutes later my sister's friend called out my name in Covent Garden, when I had no idea she was overseas.
That's cool.
The first story could be more coincidence, or not. But seeing your sisters friend, I don't think so. I think your truely felt it coming, sensed the energy of a familar person on an instinctual level.

All the tellings are cool! Love this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 01:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,295,095 times
My 'premonitions' happen almost everyday...they are a part of life....similar to
a small voice saying on
a sunny day...'take your umbrella or sweater or extra cash...'

That voice is always correct.
It is coming from a friend, Spirit Guide, caretaker of mine assigned to me, I
guess.

Most recent was 'buy one orange', Christmas Eve...I didn't ...and then needed it.
Of course.

It is true wisdom to listen to this intuition...with no question.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,295,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

Once in a while, my brain, or something else, was trying to send a message. I would stop whatever I was doing and lapse into a 1,000 yard stare. I didn't voluntarily stop what I was doing; it just happened. I probably looked like someone having a petit mal seizure. I never saw a crisp picture or heard any words of warning--I just knew that something bad was going to happen. I never knew when, where, or to whom. I really disliked when that happened.
Sounds like my old friend that moved to San Fransisco and 3 weeks later got
an 'inclination' to NOT leave and go back to talk to someone at work...if she had not
she would have been flattened on the Golden Gate Bridge
during that big earthquake in '89?
She knows it.

Old 12-26-2014, 04:57 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,653,417 times
You mean the Bay Bridge....

While I know better to not disregard that intuitive voice, I usually do when it is telling me to take my camera with me.
I may just be going to work or running errands. So what on earth would be so interesting that I would need to take a picture.
Yet, it never fails. There is that amazing or crazy view or scene that it sure would have been awesome to have gotten a picture.

Now when it comes to more serious things, I do much better at listening.
Most times the events are not something to be avoided. They are things that I am just being prepared for.
I tend to get an 'uneasy' feeling that is focused on a specific something, like where I am living, or what is going to break next on my truck, or an employee/roommate going to give notice.

As was said above, some things could be explained by 'clues' that are subtle, but often I am the only one that picked up on such clues. And while I am sure in many cases there are pretty obvious signs if one is paying attention, but I think there is more to it than just that.

One night I got 'told' I was going to get a call (on that night) from someone 'official' regarding the welfare of my BIL. This came to me around midnight, he would not be done with work for another 2 hours. Around 4am I got a call from a nurse at the hospital. BIL was fine, but needed a ride home because he had totaled the van.
As the different accounts of what happened that night were told, I got the 'message' before any of the trouble had begun. It was so close to tell- was the message recieved right before he made his decision to do what he was going to do, at that very moment. Or just right after but before any action was taken.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,801,129 times
I have premonitions but I have more of something else really. I'll get little bits and pieces of things before it happens. Whether it's in a dream or with my third eye. It's usually so strong it takes the wind right out of me..( and that part I hate because I think someone is dying because the feeling is so strong and I don't know where it's coming from) but other things are different. It's all different but mine is more metaphysical I think. Like for instance, I worked for a woman for five years and I could never look at her, face-to-face. And I am not that kind of person.. I look at people when talking with them but I could never look at her. After about five years, she made the announcement that she had skin cancer all over her face. ( And she didn't look like she had skin cancer but looked perfectly normal in those five years) That kind of stuff really.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I've had other incidents over the years, too numerous to mention, but it's become second nature now. I listen to my intuition and watch for synchronocity. It rarely shows up for the big events--I was in the WTC on 911 and blithely free of any premonition whatsoever until AA11 slammed into us.
I think there's a reason for that, MQ. Ask yourself these two questions:

Would you have gone to work on 9/11 if you'd had a premonition? Who did you help as you found your way down all those stairs?

Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,052,562 times
I didn't have a premonition, but I had a gut instinct to not take a job in New York.

Story: In July of 2001, I was living and working in Manhattan. A recruiter contacted me about a great career opportunity for a salary that was $20k more than what I was currently earning. In NYC, money talks, and I was definitely intrigued if just for the money. We had a phone interview and she excitedly sent my resume to the hiring manager. However, later that day, I just felt very odd about the job - it wasn't in my line of interest, finance, and it would have taken me into a direction that I know would be hard to get out (MONEY). But there was a nagging pain in my stomach all day about that job. So I made the decision to 'follow my gut' and call the headhunter to withdraw my application from further consideration.

I spoke with her and she was really upset, I was the strongest candidate and she didn't like me putting her and the agency in a bad light by withdrawing, but she had no choice. I felt relieved immediately afterwards.

September 11, the company and the building the interview was with was Cantor Fitzgerald, on the 100th floor of the WTC tower. I kept the notepad from my phone interview indicating the salary, the hours, the company, the floor number.

I still get chills thinking about it this very day, I still have that notepad in a shoebox of NYC memorabilia. I lost my job after 9/11 and moved back to Michigan, where I have been ever since.

Listen to your gut instinct, it's telling you something.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:50 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,614,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
I didn't have a premonition, but I had a gut instinct to not take a job in New York.

Story: In July of 2001, I was living and working in Manhattan. A recruiter contacted me about a great career opportunity for a salary that was $20k more than what I was currently earning. In NYC, money talks, and I was definitely intrigued if just for the money. We had a phone interview and she excitedly sent my resume to the hiring manager. However, later that day, I just felt very odd about the job - it wasn't in my line of interest, finance, and it would have taken me into a direction that I know would be hard to get out (MONEY). But there was a nagging pain in my stomach all day about that job. So I made the decision to 'follow my gut' and call the headhunter to withdraw my application from further consideration.

I spoke with her and she was really upset, I was the strongest candidate and she didn't like me putting her and the agency in a bad light by withdrawing, but she had no choice. I felt relieved immediately afterwards.

September 11, the company and the building the interview was with was Cantor Fitzgerald, on the 100th floor of the WTC tower. I kept the notepad from my phone interview indicating the salary, the hours, the company, the floor number.

I still get chills thinking about it this very day, I still have that notepad in a shoebox of NYC memorabilia. I lost my job after 9/11 and moved back to Michigan, where I have been ever since.

Listen to your gut instinct, it's telling you something.
Wow, I'm glad you posted this. It gave me chills. I do think we should all listen to our gut instincts more than we do. I have the feelings all the time, but we're all so right-brained we try to ignore them...

Old 01-02-2015, 11:31 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,311,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My 'premonitions' happen almost everyday...they are a part of life....similar to
a small voice saying on
a sunny day...'take your umbrella or sweater or extra cash...'

That voice is always correct.
It is coming from a friend, Spirit Guide, caretaker of mine assigned to me, I
guess.

Most recent was 'buy one orange', Christmas Eve...I didn't ...and then needed it.
Of course.

It is true wisdom to listen to this intuition...with no question.
That sort of seemingly insignicant thing happens to me a lot. I will be leaving the house, see a pen lying on the table, get "take the pen". I ignore it, sure as anything, I need that pen later. I've learned to listen.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:36 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,311,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think there's a reason for that, MQ. Ask yourself these two questions:

Would you have gone to work on 9/11 if you'd had a premonition? Who did you help as you found your way down all those stairs?
My "escape-mate" claims I saved her life because I forced her to run. I think she would have started/kept running even if I hadn't been there, so I will not take credit for her being alive.

However, more importantly, before 9/11, we were just coworkers who barely knew each other. We are fifteen years apart in age and had very little in common. By chance of the fact that the other younger woman with whom she had breakfast every day called in to say she would be late, we went down together to get coffee and breakfast to take back to our desks. We are now bonded for life and the closest of friends.

I know this sounds weird, and it's difficult to actually put into words what I experienced and perceived, but I figure this is the forum for weirdness, lol. At that moment, 8:46 a.m., when just above me a few hundred people died, it seems to me that a door opened through which some went, but I did not. The door never completely closed. I believe that's what a fellow survivor meant when she said we now have one foot on the other side. Someday I will go through that door, too, but on that day, those who went through the door were meant to go, and those of us who stayed were meant to stay. For now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal