U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 04:45 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,380,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just a rough sketch of a fisherman? If joining the military, the Navy? Largely, an air & water combination here, and let's meditate on what happens when these 2 diverse elements collide with one another! Water speaks of emotions/feelings, air speaks of intellectuality. A constant war going on inside!

But we all have our internal elemental wars to fight, mine revolves around a continual fire/earth fight. And even my Venus in Pisces can get into the fight too!

My last partner had that air/water combo, and it was like being married to 2 separate individuals. Well, let's call it bigamy! If you like unpredictability, here's the ticket! At least you'll never get bored with these types, rather than if they were a earth/water combo, for example.

Noon? Sagittarius Rising? Hair missing on the head? A prominent feature of those with Fire for an Ascendant. No hair loss, perhaps the birth time is wrong! But plenty of Cardinal energy here! Leaders/directors/my-way-or-the-highway-types! And your Moon is in Cardinal Capricorn, which is possible, then more Cardinal energy!

Sun sign: Iron-Fist-With-the-Velvet-Glove Libra! Oh shoot! I was hoping to avoid that, bring this discussion back to the scarier aspects of Astrology!
BBM .. That's odd. My ascendant is suppose to be Sagittarius and I have a lot of hair. I look like a blonde 80's rocker! hair looks like this without the red highlights and smoother ( not that wide but the same shape)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...BABY/19224.jpg
Rate this post positively

Old 12-26-2014, 05:37 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,733,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
BBM .. That's odd. My ascendant is suppose to be Sagittarius and I have a lot of hair. I look like a blonde 80's rocker! hair looks like this without the red highlights and smoother ( not that wide but the same shape)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...BABY/19224.jpg
The sun also contributes to physical attributes.
My husband lost his hair in his 20's and he has a Virgo rising.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:51 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,380,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I know I have a lot of Virgo as well. I'll probably just have to do a chart , although I do have the relative that does this.. she couldn't read me very well. And I hate to say that because I am sure she was successful but when it came to me.. she said I was just as psychic as she was.. and my readings were always "flat" so-to-speak.. Or way out there and I kew they were kind if off. I did a total of three readings with her on the family discount plan... . I looked at my birth certificate and the time was correct. I was suppose to be born at 6:66 ( lol) Not really, it was 4:44. am so it was also under a new moon and I am an very old soul. I was born with cataracts actually and had to have them removed in my 30's.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:28 PM

880 posts, read 1,575,079 times
Anybody I ever talk to about astrology never seems scared or excessively off-put by it. I work with lots of people at my job, so I always want to find out there signs so I have some vague idea of what/who im dealing with. Ive found that I can blatantly ask someone, "whats your birthday" and nobody ever asks why im asking, and I think thats because people love to talk about themselves. Then I tell them what their sign is, and they ask me what that sign means, and not until you get into the negative traits about them do they get turned off to it.

I feel like people dont like astrology for different reasons. Theres the people who are just skeptics of everything, and I guess I cant blame them. But then theres people who avoid astrology because astrology tells us something about ourselves, and theyre the types of people that dont want to explore themselves. That or they know things about themselves, but dont want that side of themselves exposed, talking about astrology.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:48 PM

15,598 posts, read 36,481,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just a rough sketch of a fisherman? If joining the military, the Navy? Largely, an air & water combination here, and let's meditate on what happens when these 2 diverse elements collide with one another! Water speaks of emotions/feelings, air speaks of intellectuality. A constant war going on inside!

But we all have our internal elemental wars to fight, mine revolves around a continual fire/earth fight. And even my Venus in Pisces can get into the fight too!

My last partner had that air/water combo, and it was like being married to 2 separate individuals. Well, let's call it bigamy! If you like unpredictability, here's the ticket! At least you'll never get bored with these types, rather than if they were a earth/water combo, for example.

Noon? Sagittarius Rising? Hair missing on the head? A prominent feature of those with Fire for an Ascendant. No hair loss, perhaps the birth time is wrong! But plenty of Cardinal energy here! Leaders/directors/my-way-or-the-highway-types! And your Moon is in Cardinal Capricorn, which is possible, then more Cardinal energy!

Sun sign: Iron-Fist-With-the-Velvet-Glove Libra! Oh shoot! I was hoping to avoid that, bring this discussion back to the scarier aspects of Astrology!
Well...I grew up in Alaska next to a river that runs rampant with salmon. So grew up fishing and spent a number of years commercial fishing and crabbing too.

Have already done my military time just a year out of highschool, but was Army.

I am currently a drilling Supervisor, and have held supervisor positions for the last 14 years so I guess that falls under the leader/director/my way or the highway type.

Yes hair missing on the head! I had long blonde hair down to my lower back in highschool, but cut it off when I joined the Army. It never did grow back!

Old 12-27-2014, 10:06 PM

20,281 posts, read 23,823,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Anybody I ever talk to about astrology never seems scared or excessively off-put by it. I work with lots of people at my job, so I always want to find out there signs so I have some vague idea of what/who im dealing with. Ive found that I can blatantly ask someone, "whats your birthday" and nobody ever asks why im asking, and I think thats because people love to talk about themselves. Then I tell them what their sign is, and they ask me what that sign means, and not until you get into the negative traits about them do they get turned off to it.
When it comes to co-workers, even though I've found out somehow, their birthdates, through their annual birthday parties at work, or their saying: I'll be 35 on a particular date, and I look up their placements, secretively (identity theft?), I generally keep that information to myself. Problem is, at times, you so want to say something to them about it, but, out of fear or an exercise in futility, I remain quiet, uncomfortably so. And as far as any negative traits, if I do say something, it's sugar-coated.

Working in a LTC/facility, there's easy access to patients, as many wear a wrist tag, with the birthdate printed on it. And after working in this facility, for 13 years, I've had opportunities to a great number of astrological studies. Of course, never, ever would I share that information with a patient!

But it does help me deal with the patients better, know better how to approach them, and how to help them. I've had co-workers marvel at how I can more easily deal with the most difficult patients, with totally different results, than they can! If I discover a potentially violent patient, or a passive aggressive patient (famous for getting the staff in trouble, or suspended/fired) I do warn others, but not using astrological terminology!

Whenever I hear a patient screaming/yelling from a hall, insensitively waking up everyone in the middle of the night, I'm noted for saying: I hear a roaring lion! You've got some lions on your hall! And? Who are they, generally? Those with the Leo placements, Mars or Moon in Leo generally. Moon or Mars in Aries comes in 2nd! And with these types, it's absolutely pointless to sensitize them to the fact their roommate is trying to get some sleep, or others on the hall. Leo is the sign of the King/Queen, and are you blind? You can't see the tiara or crown on their heads?

My heart goes out to those confined in these facilities, or bedbound, with Mars in bounce-off-the-wall, restless Gemini or Sagittarius. Even the strongest sleeping/pain medication can fail these people! And the nurses, ready to cry? "I've given him everything I can give him, what more can I do!!!" And I even run out of solutions myself to help alleviate their suffering!!!

The workaholics on the staff, eagerly signing up for double shifts, gobbling up any hour of overtime you offer them, I'm all too familiar with them and I know well the ingredients for that, Virgo and Capricorn placements, the 2 signs related to workaholism, and I'm not talking sun sign!

Me? Get me to work a double shift? Like I tell others at work, if you ever seen me working a double shift, Quick! Call 911! I've finally gone off the deep end!

Old 12-27-2014, 10:14 PM

20,281 posts, read 23,823,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
My observations, over the years, with baldness, in general, I've seen this in too many with those with a Fire for an Ascendant, and overlooked, sun close to the Ascendant line.

And, generalistically, those with the monks caps, hair loss only in the back of head, with a tuft of hair left in front, have symbolized watery Ascendants: Scorpio/Cancer/Pisces.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:11 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,578,080 times
Men whose mothers fathers were /are balding or bald, can plan on hair loss, possibly starting as early as age 20, no matter what's in the astral chart.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:15 PM

101 posts, read 86,845 times
Default Male Pattern Baldness

Male Pattern Baldness (androgenetic alopecia) is the most common type of hair loss in men. It is the result of the interaction of (1.) heredity; especially a set of recessive genes carried by women and passed along to their male offspring at conception and (2.) the male sex hormones called androgens.

Male Pattern Baldness can also be caused (occasionally) by certain cancers, medications, thyroid conditions, and the use of anabolic steroids.

The position (at birth) of the sun and planets in our solar system has nothing to do with Male Pattern Baldness.

The "hocus pocus" of astrology is indeed "scary."

Old 12-28-2014, 08:19 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,679,878 times
This is another of those threads that presupposes an accepted or common opinion. I'm in my 60s, and I don't recall ever having met a single person who was 'scared' of or by astrology. Indifferent? Yes. Dismissive? Yes. A bit of a believer? Yes. But scared? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.